Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Character name: Chris Raven or C/raven , whatever. Stupid 9 characters!
Class: Buccaneer,
male portrait 1, palette swap

Wishes he could be intimidating, but always ends up being the lousiest pirate alive. Goes down with his ship without lifting an eyebrow. Has a penchant for spewing out insults, wishes he had a hook so he'd get more pirate cred.

Totally looking forward to this, still my favorite EO game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm resourceful! I found it in another bout of internet dumpster diving. Along with a bunch of other info about the game.

Garbology saves the day once again!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Since you play on an emulator you can always just cheat for exp if you really need to save on time.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
This game has the best shopkeeper and bartender of the series for sure.

Too bad you can't do any of the online stuff with an emulator.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The palette swapped Princess looks so evil somehow. :stare:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I forgot if Scavenger Toma shows up more than once for those bar dialogues, but you totally should use the guy from Chrono Trigger for that.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
One thing I can't stress enough is how good the first battle music in this game is.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I really enjoyed the sea exploration when I played the game myself, however it seems not all players shared the sentiment. I think a lot were annoyed because it's essentially a puzzle? Too bad the emulator can't do the multiplayer stuff.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I've had a lot of fun with the seaquests in this game. I had like a 50 turn, 30 minute battle with the final one because I tried to tackle it way underleveled to get the limit from it, that was probably the most intense fight I had in the whole series.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
EO5 will feature a bloodstain every time your party dies and it autosaves and you have to retrieve your lost souls/blood/tears/expies.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
RIP, coupon 1. I actually never managed to get into those treasure areas with the mud blocking them because I'm bad at planning such things ahead. I always came back later and killed the FOEs.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Very feasible. People in the EO thread have done this before.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Make a patreon/kick starter for a 3ds capture device. The EO spice must flow :getin:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I think my longest battle in this game was an 80 turn /30 minute epic against the semi-final sea quest boss. I tried him way underleveled and I wanted the limit you get from him. Used up all my supplies too.

Also gently caress being in Europe and having to wait SIX MONTHS for EO games to get released here. There is no real reason for those long delays. I guess it's Nintendos fault anyways because regionlock and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Oh man, Leviathan. I think I managed to defeat it with my Party around lvl 53 or so and just went with the strongest npcs and my inventory full of amritas and nectars... I think the battle took over 90 turns but I won. Lucky mallet is so good.

• Locked thread