Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Rose, Gladiator, Portrait 4, Normal

Having grown bored with fighting other people, Rose has journeyed to Armoroad to test herself against some of the most deadly enemies in existence - the monsters of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth. Tends to be a bit reckless, but tries to reign it in when things start getting serious. Has a very competitive personality, constantly seeking to establish a friendly rivalry with anyone who'll put up with her doing so. Scared of bees and other stinging insects.

LPer's Choice - Hoplite, Gladiator, Monk

Guildname: Tidehunt is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Prince: Orange Fluffy Sheep with MEGAQUEEN! (She will be named Susan ingame.)

Gladiator: W.T. Fits with Rose.

Hoplite: theshim with Cassandra.

Buccaneer: Tyty with Scott.

Ninja: Endorph with Akatsuki.

Monk: Chilblain with Faye.

Zodiac: cdyoung with Asteria.

Wildling: Arcade Rabbit with Fang.

Arbalist: Level Seven with Sidney.

Farmer: blizzardvizard with Alice.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I say we go with Calamity. I'll elaborate later when I'm not stuck phone-posting.

Edit: Okay, so the Calamity was responsible for the devastation of Armoroad, the creation of the Labyrinth, and the end of the sea trade industry, right? But with Guild Tidehunt at the helm, the Calamity will be a force for restoring trade and revitalizing the city's economy. What better way to announce our future mastery of the Labyrinth and calming the raging waves than by taking the name of the force that spawned them both, and making it work for us? Names have power... let us take the name of something powerful and claim that power for our own! :black101:

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 23, 2015

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

MEGAQUEEN, Rose, Cassandra

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Faye, Cassandra, Rose

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rose, Akatsuki, MEGAQUEEN.

Glad to see this is back. Hope things get better for you, Dr. Fetus.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Actually, I don't think it's a matter of all the previous victims not having Ariadne Threads. Rather, I think it's a different piece of advice they failed to heed:

Dr. Fetus posted:

Very good advice for playing any Etrian Odyssey game.

As they say, discretion is the better part of valor. :fireman:

Also, it's kind of odd that Olympia's been apparently pulling this con for decades now, but doesn't really look that much older than anyone in our guild. If she's really been at it for that long, you'd think she'd look closer to Flowdia in age.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rose, Cassandra, Asteria

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Alxprit posted:

Next time I'm casting a negative vote for Alice.

"Voting for Not Alice, Not Alice, and Not Alice."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Welp, budget Naruto is dead. Good job, goons. I hope those of you who voted to tell the truth are proud of yourselves.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rose, Cassandra, Faye

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

I am probably the last person that should come to mind if we're talking about being good at EO. :v:

Expert is brutal. Also screw Blue Gels.

Sounds like you were not prepared.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

U-um... hello, there. Pleased to meet you. I am Alice-chan.

And the rest?

Oh, u-um... would you please die for me? YEAAAAAARRRRRRRRTTT!

... Close enough.

(Ninja.)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rose, Fang, Akatsuki

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rose, Faye, Susan

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Akatsuki, Faye, Rose

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Glazius posted:

The thing is, Olympia's apparently been keeping everybody out of the Deep City, like, single-handedly. It seems like in absolute terms the Deep City has the advantage, and if they can't destroy the Deep Ones, what chance does Armoroad have?

On the other hand, if they're not making any progress with their current methods, it would be more logical to switch things up and try a different approach rather than doubling down on the, "No, we must do this ourselves and keep what's going on a secret from the surface dwellers at all costs," strategy.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rose, Cassandra, Faye

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

And yeah, they really don't want to make things too easy for the player. If a strategy was popular in one EO game, they will nerf it heavily in the next game.

Case in point, subclassing is still pretty good in EO4, but nowhere near as busted as it is in this game, and didn't show up at all in the Untold remakes of 1 and 2.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kemix posted:

So...Alice's death by instant-death confusion...can we file that one under Seppuku or Hari-Kari? :v:

Yes.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Navigators were less "This is something we need" more "gently caress, what are we going to do with these navigator characters, we can't spontaneously turn them into fighters."

And then in Persona 4 Ultimax (the second fighting game), Rise spontaneously turns into a fighter. :atlus:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rose, Charlotte, MEGAQUEEN

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Voting slightly after the fact, but NO MERCY.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

So is this one of those gimmicky sections where the two floors are intertwined and you have to go back and forth between them in order to fully map them?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rose, Faye, Cassandra

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I'm having flashbacks to when Gilbert and Maverick face-tanked part of the 4th Stratum in the EO2 LP. :ohdear:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Limits are made to be broken. (New build.)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rose, Faye, Charlotte

Let's show Faye the flaming katana was worth every En. :getin:

.... also, it just occurred to me we need a version of that emote that's Edie saying "Get En".

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR! :black101:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rose, Susan, Asteria

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

A really big stroke of luck, combined with a bug that most players won't ever see, caused what could have been another long and daunting fight to be a complete steamroll. Fang is pretty much the main reason I won this fight. Or at the very least, caused it to not last for 20 turns or so.

Going by the name of the quest, I was expecting this fight to be a real kick in the nuts. :v:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Minor error - you have a screencap of you putting 1 point into Fire instead of Fire Up when you're talking about Fire Up in Asteria's skills.

Otherwise, looking good so far!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rose, Cassandra, Scott

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Sidney, MEGAQUEEN, and Rose

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

:magical: is the only way I can think to describe what I think we're seeing here.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I'm still not exactly sure what's going on, all I know is that people are making big numbers pop out single handedly.

Bloody Lance is a Shogun passive skill that gives the character a boost to their attack power whenever they kill an enemy or ally. Apparently there's a bug where the passive misinterprets the Princess class's Inspire and Negotiate skills failing on allies due to the targets being dead as the caster having killed those allies, thus triggering the attack boost.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Dragonatrix posted:

Well, it's an island from Homer's Odyssey. Circe, as in the goddess of magic and mother of the minotaur, lives there.

Circe wasn't the mother of the minotaur. Her sister Pasiphaë was.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

cdyoung posted:

Circe's sister was the queen of Crete?

Yep.

Wikipedia posted:

In Greek mythology, Circe (/ˈsɜːrsiː/; Greek Κίρκη Kírkē pronounced [kírkɛ͜ɛ]) is a goddess of magic (or sometimes a nymph, witch, enchantress or sorceress). By most accounts, Circe was the daughter of Helios, the god of the sun, and Perse, an Oceanid. Her brothers were Aeetes, the keeper of the Golden Fleece, and Perses. Her sister was Pasiphaë, the wife of King Minos and mother of the Minotaur. Other accounts make her the daughter of Hecate, the goddess of witchcraft herself.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Let’s rethink. Why would my sister be asking if it’s cold and talk with a dress merchant?

Missy, you're drunk. Go home. And stop stealing Edie's sister's lines. That's not cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

drat, that was a good movie. I've been meaning to rewatch that and I can never seem to motivate myself to do so.

... gently caress it; no time like the present!

• Locked thread