Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Edie is the best. She wants your money and she's not shy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well you could just set an autowalk loop and hold down the A button.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I vote we name it Kunkka because we might as well continue the theme naming.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I always found it funny how the tutorial Sea Quest boss has such a menacing sprite.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

What are those people who want synced exp bats gonna do when EO5 takes a(nother) page from Wizardry and introduces enemies with Level Drain attacks?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah, EO3 FOEs aren't as threatening as most of the other games.

To compensate the gave us plenty of Random Encounters that are basically FOE Lites.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

alcharagia posted:

Even the Warped Savior. :shepface:

Do it without chemicals or it doesn't count.

Edit: Tindeck has malware?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I imagine Edie staring at Faye for several very long moments when she used the coupon before shrugging and completing the purchase.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder what's the earliest feasible level to take on the Raging Tyrants.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Farmers remain terrible in combat throughout the entire game. They will not turn into fighting machines, even in the postgame. They have no damage skills, and practically no in battle support. For reference, their stats at level 70 are:

HP: 305
TP: 181
STR: 28
TEC: 31
VIT: 42
AGI: 45
LUC: 71

Aside from TP and LUC, they have really terrible stats all around. Compared to say, a Gladiator whose stats at 70 are:

HP: 489
TP: 129
STR: 64
TEC: 32
VIT: 59
AGI: 40
LUC: 40

Farmers are purely a field support class. They do have high LUC, but that isn't really a stat they can make use of, since it affects ailments (They only have Lullaby and Strange Seeds, compared to the Wildling who has access to nearly every ailment in the game), ailment resistance (which would normally be a good thing, except a bug actually makes their high LUC work against them), accuracy and evasion, and critical hits. (Good luck taking advantage of that with their low STR.) Use them if you want, don't expect them to actually contribute a lot in combat. You take Farmers to make dungeon crawls easier, not for killing bosses or well, anything.

If you're actually hoping for Alice to turn into a good party member, it's not happening. Period.

It works fine if you pump 'em to 99 in all stats.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Are you happy now, Alice supporters? Useless and did nothing all fight. And she will continue to be useless. IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED!?

You think anyone voted Alice in because they thought she'd be useful?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

GeneralYeti posted:

Man Hypatia why you gotta be so blue :(

I'm a terrible person and regret nothing

Also, the game's being pretty nice so far. Either Dr. Fetus is pretty good at this game or it's a little more forgiving than EO2. Or both, both is an option too.

He spent a lot of the EO2 earlygame stuck with a lineup full of the squishiest classes.

Poor Nick.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The 'ambush' really does kinda fall on its face once you realize you just need to circle around.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 28, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think they gave Hellfire to you here because you can still make great use of it in the 2nd Stratum.

Ah EO games. How fun it is to break you.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Alice, Faye, and LPer's Choice

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Should I still be voting if I'm aware of what happens after you pick a choice?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Okay then. In that case, be truthful.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You have Asteria and Hellfire, so no complaints, mister! :colbert:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I took another look at EO3's classes and apparently one of the Hoplites is Chie.

So is one of the Fortresses in EO4.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sounds like the RNG favours your playthrough.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

MEGAQUEEN, Asteria and Ross

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

In practical terms, we're currently 5 dudes in the middle of a city whose inhabitants may or may not be hostile. Olympia has shown casual disregard for our lives by siccing multiple FOEs on us, and since we're past the second stratum we don't know if she has any stronger beasties from whatever's further in. Olympia herself is apparently strong enough to snap a tree trunk like a twig. Plus since she's a robot she probably has a laser sword installed into her arms or something.

I think not annoying her and agreeing to keep it a secret would be the prudent option.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's nothing too crazy, or on the level of temporarily erasing bosses in EO2. I don't think anything will ever top that. (Good gravy, that game had such poor QA.) Nah, this just involves having to turn Faye into a wizard.

A MUSCLE wizard?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The solution here is to have one punch monk and one healing monk.

Also, does Zodiac give you more than Gladiator for punch monk damage? Charge has higher multipliers than Etheric.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

:catstare: I think the game's trying to tell me something.

Gotta go fast?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The choice between 'KILLDEATHMURDER' the class, and 'Useless PoS' is a hard one indeed.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Armoroad. One faction has not attempted to actively murder us.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

This truly is Schrodinger's LP; it is alive and yet it is dead at the same time.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Glazius posted:

If your secret end boss can't be bullshit, what can?

There's difficult, and then there's being bullshit

The Abyssal God is bullshit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Faye, Charlotte, MEGAQUEEN

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

"Thanks for turning me human again. I'm sure you can handle the evil god lurking at the bottom of the ocean. Okay, peace."

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A Magical Lamp posted:

Oh it's going to be painful, EO3 is right up with EO1 when it comes to a bullshit postgame.

Not really? It doesn't even have a half-decent teleporter maze.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Alice should be with her kind!

And 2x Fetus' choice to make up for that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

freshlybaked posted:

The sixth stratum's music is my favourite in all of EO, and it combined with the look of the place makes it one of my favourite stratum. ...In terms of concept and atmosphere. Actually trying to go through it kinda takes away a lot of that, but oh well.

Also, Fetus' choice x3. As hilarious as having as many farmers as possible is, I don't even know if winning is possible like that.

EO3's music is just sooooo good. So many standout tracks.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Bah, democracy is a sham

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It is far easier to get the Drop by doing the one with Glaukos the solo Wildling and letting him get killed first early in the fight.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It's fine just get all your characters to 99 in all stats.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Alice becoming the Reaper is the best thing in this LP.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Bah, you think EO3's stratum is a slog. Let me tell you about the time I mapped the entirety of EO1's stratum by making sure I stood on every tile (pits included) before I put an empty square there.

Oh yeah, and Alice sure was the MVP of the 21st floor. That said, MEGAQUEEN, Fang, Sidney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I have no real preference here so I looked around my room until I saw the first thing with a colour belonging to one of the Dragons.

So it's VOLT.

• Locked thread