Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Rangpur posted:

Are the enemies dying before you do? Then you are doing enough damage.

This really is the only metric that matters. The game's also not that hard - I insisted on playing whilst rotating all ten classes through my active party, and as a consequence was (apparently?) like five or six levels behind the leveling curve by the time I got to Stratum 4, and I was still doing enough damage to win.

Albeit barely.

A fight with a certain miniboss may have ended with my Hoplite having to stab it to death with her spear because she was the only one left alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

BlackPersona posted:

Faye, Sidney, and Asteria, for the whole "last story stratum, first party" thing that usually comes around for the Etrian Odyssey LPs.

Team Bookends Team sounds good to me!

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

alcharagia posted:

The real Etrian Odyssey was in our hearts all along.

But yet, every once in a long while, you wonder...

...have you forgotten something?

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
No strong opinions on party comp, but I gotta say I can't stop hearing the God Hand ending theme when Smith does things.

Actually, wait, what am I talking about? Smith, Alice, MEGAQUEEN.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

GeneralYeti posted:

Y'know, of all things, I didn't exactly expect Azathoth to be the bonus boss. Huh.

As for the boss dunking, we've already seen you tear apart Shin, so Armoroad path.

Isn't the last floor called 'That Which Can Eternal Lie'?

quote:

Anyways, voting Armoroad The Deep City because robots should not be the canonical choice.

There, that looks much better!

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

freshlybaked posted:

Charlotte, Smith, Faye.

This seems both thematic and nonsynergistic enough that my desire to make the LPer suffer and my desire for narrative symmetry are both satisfied.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Man, I sure hope the true scope of the Abyssal God's bullshit gets covered, because boy howdy. But still, thanks for showing me what lay beyond stratum 4, because that's where my own (incredibly suboptimal) playthrough bogged down. It was a heck of a ride!

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Dadgummit, I missed my chance. Not that voting for Stratum 6 would have changed anything, apparently. Gotta say, though, that is some excellent stratum splash art.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

wereboat posted:

Don't forget Camp Mastery!

Learned from their time as a musical theatre troupe, no doubt.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Toyotasomi no Miko posted:

Alice, Akatsuki, and Fang. Bind the Kraken's legs forever.

This is a plan without a flaw nor any possibility of error!

ahahah wow shows me for leaving this tab open for so long without refreshing

I think that for destruction Ice is also great, and would suffice.

vdate fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 26, 2017

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Smith, Alice, MEGAQUEEN.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Akatsuki, Scott, MEGAQUEEN

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Send in the SAS. By which I mean use Scott, Akatsuki, Smith.

vdate fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 26, 2017

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Faye, Scott, MEGAQUEEN.

Vote MEGAQUEEN for a better tomorrow! Or at least a sillier today, which is a reasonable second place.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Smith, Alice, Charlotte, Fang, Rose. It's not like most of these will be useful in upcoming boss battles, might as well let them shine where they can. Alice, statue-maker, especially.

This is as good as any logic I've heard! Call the scrubs!

when the quarterback chokes and you're in trouble

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Oh, looks like we've entered the part of the postgame in the EO3/EO5 LPs where the level design begins to hate you and everything you stand for. I can't decide which is more spiteful, Mapless Spinner Hell or the EO5 thing.

(edited for spoilers)

vdate fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Crystalgate posted:

If you're only going to do one execution, can you add a short summary of the other execution methods?

This would be nice. It'd be interesting to know at least HOW you'd go about all of them.

• Locked thread