Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

I think, while fire is a really good choice for the first dragonbane, I'd go with Ice actually. You do get resisted by Alraune, but she's not actually a difficult fight. Wyrm is probably the most annoying of the dragons to take down if he gets howling happy.

Also I already told you this on discord, but thank you for the LP Fetus. It's been a very entertaining read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

McFrugal posted:

I solved the spinner maze problem in this game by putting a directional arrow down that points to where you wind up facing after entering the room for the first time. An additional arrow to indicate which direction you first enter each room from also helps.

I did exactly this. It still sucked because by the end of the maze, I was feeling motion sick.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Asteria, Cassandra, MEGAQUEEN, Fetus' Choice.

This seems good. MEGAQUEEN must be the Queen Dragon God.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Actually, I really want to see how you manage to use everyone, because that still seems kinda crazy to me.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

I think I gave my hoplite one of those swords, since +15% HP/TP is pretty good for them, and it's not like they're hurting for more VIT or anything.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

I'll vouch for Wyrm also taking up about that amount of time if he gets super mad and spams howling.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

6% boost to the attacker’s critical hit rate. What a deal am I- if you’re still using regular attacks as your main form of offense at this point, you may want to reevaluate your strategy.

Isn't that an attack boost though?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

I can't wait to see what you do to this boss. You've done some pretty good work with the other postgame bosses in the other games.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Can we have all three?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Offhand, during the WM kill, you can use eagle eye on the turn it uses abyssal offering since rear guard lets you outslow it and apply the debuff after it purges debuffs. So you can use double bodyguard to block demons rage and then uroboros guard the next move. I don't think I've personally seen the AG swap to defense mode the turn after it uses the scripted demons rage.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well for reference, here's the Deep Princess' AI.

(Yes, she has a bunch of routines that are completely inaccessible due to Ocean Drop. I wonder if that was a later addition and the fight was meant to be paced differently.)

If you had her HP below 51%, and you had 6 or more buffs on the party while no one was confused, she would been casting Sweet Song constantly. Except this can very easily be countered by casting Prevent Order on both rows, or having Regroup Tactic up, which means that she would be trapped in an AI lock. :roflolmao: Alternatively, you could just give everyone Confusion resistance accessories while having 6 or more buffs on everyone. (However, the 50% resistance ones are locked off until Stratum 6, so 90% resistance is the best you can get here.) If that wasn't the case, she had plenty of other opportunities to cast it, especially if you were spamming Anticold or Ice Prophecy, since she does input read.

If none of those cases happened, then I have absolutely no idea what you did to pull that off.

Also just keeping this out of archives for now while I keep on correcting info and cleaning up the LP before I can even think of sending it off for archiving. It turns out that there was a lot I got wrong, and need to correct. :suicide: On the plus side, I get to see hilarious AI locks like this, so it's not all too bad.

Is it also possible that he just built tons of Confusion AR and then she's stuck just spamming that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Blademaster_Aio posted:

It's not the AR, but more 'why is the AI spamming this skill over and over?'

The AR should have anything to do with the AI, it only effects if you were hit by confusion and prevent order does the same thing (protecting you).

I mean as far as "why nobody became confused" without using protect order/regroup tactic. If they were all confused earlier and got healed from it twice each, as might happen in a longer fight, with buffs up, the AI might be spamming the skill over and over even though it can't inflict confusion anymore.

• Locked thread