Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Asteria - Zodiac 2 alt

An aspiring astrologist and scholar, Asteria always looked to the stars for guidance and inspiration.
She hails from a kingdom that has been known to have severely unstable weather and as a result, Asteria has dedicated a bit of her studies into learning about phenomena related to the sky and clouds, resulting in a preference for Volt based magic.
She's not an idealist, or a pessimist, she considers herself a realist and generally has an analytical or sophomoric response to questions and likes making weather based puns.

Tideborn and LPer's Choice.

While I like watching LPers handle insane challenges, these games are hard enough as they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Whoo! My girl got picked. I can't wait for the punning to begin! XD

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Can't wait to see the party get mauled by frogs or butterflies or whatever enemies are in Waterfall Woods.

I admittedly didn't play EO3 for a long time since I'm waiting for EO3U.

frogs, fish, durians and a bastard on four feet..

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Are you kidding, :atlus: makes me think of ailments as absolutely critical to not die, not completely useless.

Enemy ailment/ skills are almost a given, while player used ailment/bind skills are poo poo terrible, unless you have better then Lv 99 farmer luck.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

How do meteorologists say hi?
With a heat wave! Aha! Ahahahaha!
Wow, tough cloud.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

LET THE PUNNING BEGIN!

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
I say go with Torrent. So sayith the mage who casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down! :colbert:

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Well, it's still a pun, so I think Asteria'll still like it.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Asteria didn't choose the Tug Life. :v:

The Tug Life chose her.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Un you use [ ] brackets for spoilers bro.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
If you're running a farmer for their debuffs or a Wildling, the luck boost would help them.

theshim posted:

Also, there's a ton of fun references in the Sea Quests. For example, Kirikaze's quest is a reference to The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter.
To be precise about that, her quest is related to the impossible trials Kaguya issued to her suitors.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Know that shape well, for we will be seeing it a lot. What you're seeing right now is a core mechanic of the Etrian Odyssey series, the FOE. It's short for Formido Oppugnatura Exsequens. I have no idea what that means, other than it's in Latin and translates to something about a terrible force of nature or something like that.

Formido Oppugnatura Exsequens means: "ancient and terrible nature warriors"
Also, can't forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLhARQmoo3Q

and Yeah, Greatbills, the lynx of the second level.

cdyoung fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 28, 2015

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Bring in MEGAQUEEN otherwise I have no opinions

Seconding megaqueen, give Sidney some time to loaf in the bar, trying to hit on Missy.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

cdyoung posted:

Seconding megaqueen, give Sidney some time to loaf in the bar, trying to hit on Missy.

Let me amend myself with proper diction.

MEGAQUEEN(Susan), Cassandra, Rose, Asteria, Sidney

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
I get the feeling a farmer's coming.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
I'm so happy everyone likes my Punny Zodiac enough to keep voting for her.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
I just realized something.

Fang's not on the character list on the first page.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder what's the earliest feasible level to take on the Raging Tyrants.

Lv 11 at the minimum.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
I hope you realize people will rise to this bait and intentionally fish a farmer into the party, right?

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
:allears: I love this thread more then anything else.

(Also, go back to the original crew+Scott for the sea quest)

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Seaquest 1: Faye, Cassandra, Sydney, Asteria 2: Faye, Asteria, Scott 3: Susan, Fang

the innkeeper's son: should write what he wants.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
I can't wait for Narmer. The stratum boss theme is probably one of the best reasons I love this game.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
I am touched everyone likes Asteria so much, even if it's just for her amazing elemental damage output.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Faye, Sydney, Asteria

Let's just admit Asteria is never leaving the party for bosses and move on people.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

GeneralYeti posted:

Well fine, Fetus, see if I give you votes again :colbert: Alice is going to be sitting in a corner and crying because of you, you heartless jerk.

seriously? She's a terrified little girl, why would anyone force her into fighting hideous monsters?

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Are you happy now, Alice supporters? Useless and did nothing all fight. And she will continue to be useless. IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED!?

what useless, she was hitting things and being a hit sponge.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Glazius posted:

We're in a forest now. World 2 is always a desert, right?

Kemix posted:

I'm thinking an Icy as gently caress stratum.

We're on a coastal city. And we're going to be going down.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Glad to hear you're still in this Fetus, also Asteria and 2 of your choice.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
why do I feel like I've fallen into algebra or calculus whenever you talk mechanics about these games?

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Hm, what I think happens with all these nameless guilds that get wiped out is that they either A) continue on in the labyrinth without needed supplies, or B) as seen in the small room full of deadly curse spewing fish, probably try and kill these FOEs and end up getting completely annihilated. (like what is believed to have happened to Hypatia's father's guild)

I mean that one quest that had us looking for a guild that was apparently exterminated, showed that they're one of the few sensible guilds that use campsites and threads. (but there's a good change they also got eaten by the Sea Wanderers, since we never hear of them again.)

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ad Nihilate the fucker

This basically.
If it makes anything in the main game easier, then abuse the ever loving hell out of it.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

overlordbunny posted:

Cassandra, Sidney, Asteria

Thusly did the shark poo poo it's fins.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Once I got hell fire, I kept it on Faye and Asteria.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Asteria, Akatsuki, Susan

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

This is the greatest thing in the history of forever.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
AHHHHHHHHHHH!

*flees from the massive post of game mechanics and formulas.*

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

I hate to say this, but I'm not gonna be in the mood to update for a while. The place I was working at got hit by an armed robbery. And if that wasn't enough, I got assaulted by the same guys when I was leaving to go home for the day. loving hell.

Jesus dude, take however long you need. It's just a game.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
drat missed.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Kemix posted:

YOU ONLY HAVE YOURSELF TO BLAME FETUS. WE GAVE YOU 10 loving VOTES TO CHANGE THE PARTY! I TOLD YOU ABOUT STAIRS BRO, I TOLD YOU!

This, You got more choice votes then half the party you're using. you coulda made it work but no...

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
I completely forgot I could tell them that, so seems those two are still alive... till I run into them in the third stratum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Trying out the EO2U demo. The labyrinth is completely different then what the original game was.

• Locked thread