Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I'm gonna vote for Your choice in terms of party composition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
MEGAQUEEN, Asteria, Akatsuki

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
assassinate is quite good in EO4 because almost everything doesn't resist isn't immune to instant death, including several bosses

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Sep 30, 2015

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Yeah my bad, I did mean immune rather than resist there.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Name: Tomoe
Portrait 2, Alt palette.

A young, perhaps mildly unhinged, but otherwise very hype princess who found an ancient document detailing the training aspiring shoguns undergo. The concept of Kaishaku was so hilarious to her, she immediately signed up for Shogun school. Now, she sets forth, hoping to fulfill her dream of REALLY being able to shout "off with their heads! at someone.

Her hobbies include being a history nerd, and singing songs from hundreds of years ago, which tend to be incredibly girly ballads for the most part, and she sometimes dreams of traveling back in time to visit the cultures she's read so much about in myths and legends from the lore of Etria before the fall. Dude, these CD player things are so cool!!

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 20, 2015

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Honestly I'm just happy if the really hype shogun wins because that's the best portrait in there. No emos allowed.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
i get really mad whenever i hear it because i'm traumatized

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Oh man I'm so excited that we're finally getting a real Etrian Odyssey LP on the forums! The series is super overlooked and I wish there was a megathread or something to talk in.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
That's beautiful.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Efe posted:

I remember when I used a Prince/Monk and Ragnar told me that I should have eventually swapped him out for a Monk/Prince. I didn't listen to him.

I should have listened. It's honestly a miracle I beat this game with my terribly optimized party.

You use a Princess/Monk because they look fab as gently caress, not because they're optimal, jeez.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
My only winning attempt of the Abyssal God ended with my Shogun triggering a hilt strike stun while being the only person alive and then, having 0 tp, finishing the fight with a regular attack. That was the end of my 100% run of EO3, thanks for reading.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Formaldehydes aren't especially hard to get in this game, though they're locked to 6th stratum FOEs.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
You could just use a Warrior's might party or something equally broken to tackle the postgame because god knows, it's a terror otherwise.

I also love how chill evil squid prince is about every single one of his plans unraveling, and he even sort of gives you a pre postgame pep talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
IMO it's a bit of a stretch to label them as anything other than useless

• Locked thread