Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Sydney, Your vote x2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Akatsuki, Fang, and Asteria

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Faye, Cassandra, and Rose

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

This is why Zodiacs were my favorite class in EO3 :allears:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Alice, Akatsuki, and Rose

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

If they could survive in this stratum, then they should be fine! Tell the truth.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Spielmeister posted:

Sidney, Asteria, Cassandra

This.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Scott to take Ketos's Oceanmaster title, Fang to catch Ketos like a Pokemon, and MEGAQUEEN because MEGAQUEEN.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Stealth over murder, because then we get to see how you're supposed to outsmart or outpuzzle whatever it is that Etrian Odyssey throws at you. It's pretty much one of my favorite things about the series.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Akatsuki, Faye, Scott

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Those slabs will transport you across the magma in a straight line. Basically they're like the lily pads from EO1 and the floating platforms from EO2. But thanks to technological upgrades, the game can actually show you riding them instead of fading to black after getting on one. I'll mark lava rides with orange tiles and those arrows.

Which is why Untold 1 shows you riding the lily pads instead of fading out, right? :v:

Honestly, if it wasn't for so many people recommending Shogun for a first playthrough, I would've gone with the Deep City route. Their argument feels like the more informed one and sorta even justifies them trying to off everyone from trying to find the Deep City in the first place. The story's still solid, either way, though, and I hope they bring back multiple endings if they do an Untold 3

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yggdroid Class Showcase is finished. Shogun Class showcase is almost finished. I just need to complete the writeup for that, and then voting can start.

From what I've seen from the Megathread, I absolutely cannot wait to see just how bad the Yggdroids are. :D

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

You have Armoroad having the humans band together to beat the Deep Ones, and a class that works best when used with other party members.

You have the Deep City trying to fight the Deep Ones by themselves, and a class that would work best if it was the only one in the party (by virtue of the max damage possible from the Bots/Shoot command. Also someone actually finishing a solo Yggdroid run before).

If you squint you could sort of see how thematically appropriate the classes are to the routes. Voting for Armoroad, though, because I want to see a Shogun Pirate commanding MEGAQUEEN in battle. :allears:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Scott, Sidney, Cassandra

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Argent Cinereus posted:

Sidney, Faye, Rose

This.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Alright, I'll try a character too!

Name: Haku
Portrait: 3, normal

Old man Haku's a regular at the Butterfly Bistro. Usually seen getting as thoroughly smashed as possible, loudly ranting about how good it used to be back in the old days. When he isn't chugging. Or eating. Or picking drunk fights. The younger customers there tend to stay clear of him. The older ones only watch and pity the old fool.

See, old man Haku wasn't always such a miserable old drunk. Back in his prime, he actually managed to make a good living! His early days were filled with the usual thing most people in Armoroad were known for. Sailing the seas, enjoying the fresh ocean breeze, maybe shooting down a pirate or two if he wasn't doing the pirating himself. But he was a sailor, and a drat good one to have on-board. He was full of energy and always brought a good cheer to his fellow chums. Every night was a party with him. How'd he do so well rousing everyone?

Well, he stopped sailing the seas to pursue his true passion, because his quick wit was just perfect for acting. What else was better than to take to the stage, make a better living out of what you enjoy best? For the better parts of his life, then, Haku was the star of Armoroad. He could do any part that was needed, whether it be a solemn opera scene or a dashing display of swordsmanship. Life was good for Haku. Even when he was well past his prime, his name was a major part of Armoroad, and he loved every bit of attention he got. It got to the point where he only paid attention to the theater and getting even more famous. So what if some rascals found some ruins that led into the ocean? Not like it mattered one bit, right?

Boy was he wrong. Soon after that, the Senatus announced to the world of their Yggdrasil Labyrinth. Then it was the explorers. The foreigners. Sure, OK, more people for his audience right? Well, as it turns out, having a city with so many explorers meant an incredibly rowdy bunch. Not even a month later and there were so many explorers that demanded cheaper, quicker, dirtier humor that Haku's theater went out of business. Everything in Armoroad was changing, but Haku refused to lower himself to appease them. Cut to the present, where he's just a bitter drunk that craves the spotlight on him again. But the news as of late has had eyes on one guild in particular... Craving the attention once again, Haku picked up his weapon and armor props to try and take the stage that was the Labyrinth.

What? Danger? Pshh. Back in his day he was so good at acting that he convinced people they were dead!

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Question: When Tidehunt goes ant stomping, should they do it fair and square or have no mercy?

:getin:

(No mercy)

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Sidney, Asteria, and Cassandra

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

No more games :black101:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Rose, Sidney, and Faye

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

While the Etrian Odyssey games can definitely be done without the narrative, it's always a nice plus to see all the little quirks and whatnot that pop up whenever the LPer goes through the extra oomph to do it. I'm honestly glad 100%jf started it as an EO LP staple, because without it I'd probably not have picked up the games in the first place :)

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Asteria, MEGAQUEEN, and Charlotte

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Why is this even a question? :black101: MURDER MODE! :black101:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I always enjoyed having the early EO early stratum enemies showing up in the later strata, if only for the ridiculousness of seeing a tree rat as a late-game enemy.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Faye, Sidney, and Asteria, for the whole "last story stratum, first party" thing that usually comes around for the Etrian Odyssey LPs.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Oh, hey, this got updated again! :allears:

I always felt like Zodiacs were great, but I guess they're only good for exploration more than the bosses, huh? Always tried taking them to the later ones after how ridiculous they were with the Etheric Charge and the Limits...

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Name: Tug Bot
Portrait: 3N
Bio: Everyone remembers the heroes of Tidehunt, from the humble Alice to the regal MEGAQUEEN. Yet, no one speaks of this hero. This member had sailed alongside every single one of the Tidehunt guild members, battled against gigantic monsters, explored new lands. Yet no songs are sung of it. And, now, they descend into the oceans depths, while it is stuck above, never to be used again. For what need was there to explore the lands and seas above? After all, the ocean charts have already been filled, and what could it wait for now? No more adventure, no more epic battles, never to see use ever again...?

NO!

This ship will not bow down so easily! With the aid of the trusty Harbor, the Tug Life has been reborn! If man, woman, and beast could explore the labyrinth, what's stopping boats from doing it as well?! With the Yggdroid Plans in hands, the Tug Bot will follow Guild Tidehunt to battle!

It's time to bring the Tug Life to the Deep Ones. :kamina:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

:allears: Didn't expect Tug Bot to have a cameo after he didn't get picked. That had me laughing for a good minute.

Smith, Fang, Cassandra

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Fang, Sidney, Scott

May as well show how good Fang is with a good damage dealing party after that last fight, right?

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Sydney, Scott, Charlotte

The first two for some damage dealers and Charlotte feels like she's been out of the spotlight for long enough.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Sidequests, Fetus' choice

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Rose, Asteria, Faye

I'm predicting you're gonna get Alice either way so... good luck!

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Akatsuki, Fetus Choice x2

Feels like we haven't seen enough of Akatsuki, and I'm afraid he might not get much spotlight in this stratum.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Never too early to get them.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

MEGAQUEEN, Alice, Scott

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Let's throw in a vote for Cassandra, Sidney, and Smith

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Asteria, Charlotte, and Faye

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Akatsuki, MEGAQUEEN, Sidney

Not an emptyquote

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Sydney, Rose, Charlotte

Glad to see this LP come back again :). This part of the game's already stressful enough without technical issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Fetus' Choice x5. Honestly, the rest of the game's enough of a pain that I think you should bring the necessary tools for it.

• Locked thread