Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Pureauthor posted:

What are those people who want synced exp bats gonna do when EO5 takes a(nother) page from Wizardry and introduces enemies with Level Drain attacks?

As a guy who couldn't care less about synchronized exp bars: why, WHY would they introduce that? :gonk:
(answer: because :atlus:, thats' why)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Keru posted:

I hear in EO6 you play as the final boss from EO1, starting at the bottom working your way up and recruiting monsters to your side as you go.

Wizardry 4, right? Where the game outright told you it was horribly unfair. Where you start in a room without exits and you can only find the hidden door if one of the random encouters casts the reveal hidden door spell.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

HRMH Susan, Cassandra and Fang

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

GeneralYeti posted:

Goons, I hope you're very happy. You got a poor kid murdered and traumatized the poor girl. Again.

You monsters.

Like we wouldn't have gotten discount Naruto traumatized and the poor girl dead with the other option. It's :atlus:, remember

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Rawkking posted:

Mechanics question: does making a copy of Alice make her Nature's Bounty bonus experience happen twice?

All bunshin copies merge back into the original immediatly after the last enemy dies and before rewards are calculated.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Night10194 posted:

I like how all the Hoplite pictures look super smug. "Come at me, bro!"

I'd be too, if I could make attacks bounce off me harmlessly.

By the way, :smug: is totally how provoke works.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Deep city route.
Upon the king giving you a robot, have the party relegate it to the farmbot team.

(go Armoroad unless you put up a NO loving YGGDROIDS rule. You already have a farmer)

Omobono fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 21, 2015

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Susan and I dunno, random my other 2 votes. (or ignore them if it's an hassle, no worries)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Question: When Tidehunt goes ant stomping, should they do it fair and square or have no mercy?

:fsn: :black101:
(No mercy)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Let's go with Susan, Rose and Cassandra

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

dscruffy1 posted:

I didn't expect kaishaku to proc on Rose but I guess that's the danger of the skill.

How glorious :allears:

That was simply the perfect ending.

Killstealer

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Those rooms are where the postagme dragons spawn, are they not?

Cassandra, Susan, Asteria

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Susan, Asteria and Charlotte

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

8_Escape posted:

Think Clippy.

Still more useful than your average Yggdroid

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

[b ]Same party as last time :unsmigghh:[/b ]

Actual vote: let's go with Megaqueen, Asteria and Scott

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

A Magical Lamp posted:

Oh that's just icing on the cake. We're not going to be mad at you for using formaldehyde or saving the conditional for when you can farm formaldehydes, that's just giving an accurate representation of how everyone actually plays the game.

Seriously, I get the feeling that curse conditionals are there because having no condition conditionals would break the code in novel and interesting ways, so they went for the next best worst thing.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Actually I found out that the Farmers do attack under one condition. Turns out when Scylla is really low on health (like 2% remaining), they will try to kill steal from you! So much for that plan! :suicide:

It's Pale Horse, it does make sense, doesn't it? At 2% they're finally confident enough they did enough defensive preparations that they can afford to waste a turn on the offensive instead of buffing and healing some more.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kemix posted:

How many other curse conditionals are there? Because I worry for the fetus' sanity

None left, 2 total iirc.

This one is pretty much the worst because it's Scylla and Pale Horse are assholes.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Now that I recall, there's a Persona named Alice that uses Instant Death, isn't there?

Die for me❤

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Why is HP cannon so awful?
(EO2 hexers that's why)
In particular, why is it so inaccurate on top of the mediocre damage?

Although, Atlus probably spotted the hole and decided that since it was NG+ only you'd smash through Kirin regardless.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm wondering if I should close the votes now, but hey, you never know if there will be a sudden rush for one of the underdogs or something.

Alice, Alice and Alice because someone tempted fate. :colbert:

(actual votes Scott, Smith and MEGAQUEEN)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Anti-Alice vote for the sake of the LPer's sanity if it's a thing we can vote on
MEGAQUEEN, Akatsuki.
If anti-votes are not allowed the third vote is Asteria

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Efe posted:

Oh, these fights are gonna be a spectacle. I've only ever beaten the dragons in EO2U, my teams were too poorly optimized to beat them in EOU or EO4 and I stopped playing EO3 long before I reached them, so this'll be a learning experience.

Seconded, and for the same reason.

e. drat discord habits

EO2U dragons were horrible.
Atlus dev 1: You know what is even better than requiring maxed out elemental walls?
Atlus dev 2: No, what?
AD1: Now the dragons have an add that wastes the first wall in the round so you need two maxed out elemental walls
AD2: You're a genius
AD1: And the add has triple the health it should have and it spawns twice during the fight
AD2: Somebody give this man a raise
AD1: And in case our players get ideas the add is immune to all binds and ailments
AD2: :bisonyes:

I prefer the EO4 dragons much more, because with the elemental resistance food (coincidentally right next to each dragon) you just needed a runemaster or the relevant mists to drop down the breaths to manageable levels.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Can't you subclass Alice into a wildling for this fight for a third head binder or is her tec too low for that despite farmer luck?
Anyway all hands on deck if at all feasible.

P.s. did Faye meet an hexer still pissed off after a dinogator encounter?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Poetry in motion :allears:

The difference between the first and second fight is simply insane. Who thought that NPC lineup was a good idea? If the players have to fill in the healer and disabler slots for a fight you better give them NPCs competent at doing damage, not clowns armed with nerf swords :atlus:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Dr. Fetus posted:

The constant quick kills of everything in the post-game most likely skewed everyone's views on how the game is actually supposed to be played.

Probably, but considering that lategame bosses can and will rocket-tag you if you give them half a chance, the only sane solution is to disable and rocket-tag them back.

Like, what's the drawback on front mortar supposed to be, your Arbalist getting one-shot by everything? Because that already happens anyway even in the back row. You can't have massively reduced defences as a drawback in a game were passive defences are useless and active defences from Hoplites/limits are absolute.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:angel: We are voting for the party right? :angel:

Alice, Alice and Alice

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Seems like we've hit peak ATLUS.

Nah, it's missing a "murder you if there's not a farmer" move. It is quite close to peak :atlus: though.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Dr. Fetus posted:

*Utter bollocks*

Christ this is worse than Ur-Devil. I didn't even know it was possible.

:thermidor:
(It's in bold)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Muscle Sorceress casts mace :allears:

And good loving riddance to a bullshit boss. I feel input reading is absolutely out of place in the Etrian battle system.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:stare:
:catstare:
Oh god that's basically all my favourites minus Dark Hunter (or Warlock but that particular niche is replicated almost identical every game and I do love Zodiacs too).

WHO the gently caress do I use first playthrough?

E: will we have actually useful farmer? The world wonders

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Don't Imperials get innate charge anyways? Imperial passives were decent on a runeseeker back in 4 so Zodiac/Runemaster could also work for a TEC based attacker.

Also :lol: farmers but no Yggdroids, they clearly threw the towel there.

Wishlist: we get ALL the portraits, so you can have a Protector that's an Hoplite or Fortress, a Nightseeker with DH portraits, your medic is a monk etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

They'll probably silo the most broken abilities behind legendary names so that subclassing doesn't break class balance like a twig AGAIN.

• Locked thread