Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jane, Farmer portrait 2.

Jane was raised to take up the family business, a medium sized respectable farm. Yeah, gently caress that boring poo poo, she's going on an adventure! The name Jane will go down the world over as the legendary heroine who conquered the Yggdradsil labyrinth! I mean, how tough could it be?

Tl;Dr, in over her head big time, her delusions of grandeur areonly put up with because they need someone to gather stuff.

Democracy, Farmer, Hoplite, Zodiac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

alcharagia posted:

You must defeat Meepo Long to stand a chance (in the labyrinth.)

Uhhh it's not the labyrinth it is the MEIKYUU (Japanese for "Labyrinth")

You Baka Gaijin ("Stupid Foreigner")

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

I've tried to record the first floor, but uh, I ran into a bit of a problem. A problem that I'm sure everyone who played the game is familiar with.

EO3 has the best early game gently caress you I'd say. Assuming you mean what I think you mean.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rangpur posted:

I kinda feel like playing along too... So, in order that y'all might better appreciate how badly you were going to screw Dr. Fetus (and because I actually believe in the democratic process :smug:), I will complete the 1st Stratum with the party the thread actually voted for. Expect regular updates on why this is a terrible idea. Because it is.

Keep going as far as you can. Embrace the madness.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

You use a Princess because they're cool. :colbert:

This guy gets it.

:colbert::hf::colbert:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tug Lyfe 4 Lyfe.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah., I enjoyed the sea stuff.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

You say mumyouken would have gone off before charge tactic? Are you sure about that? In my experience, buff limits always go off first.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alice, Akatsuki, Scott.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I do suggest you use Scott at least once in the early game. That way we can appreciate just how much buccaneers improve.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Scott, MEGAQUEEN, Sidney. I used a buccaneer and so shall you.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Good job Fetus, now we'll just vote in Alice for all the other bosses.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Fang, Sidney, Asteria.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Asteria, Faye, Akatsuki

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MShadowy posted:

Ah, this LP is pretty fun; thanks for it. Also...

SusanM E G A Q U E E N is the best. (This is the first thing that sprang to mind when I read her gimmick, took me a while to getting around to doodling it, though.)

This is the best. Long live the queen.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RedRupee posted:

Wanted to pop in from lurking to say I've been loving the LP. You do a brilliant job of dissecting everything about these games and I hope you do EO4 (my first~) in the future.

3DS capture is super expensive so this is unlikely.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Lie. You promised.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

My one hope for EOU3 is to give you more of a reason to put a farmer in your party. Like, give them some better support abilities or something.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Fetus, you monster.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

GeneralYeti posted:

Goons, I hope you're very happy. You got a poor kid murdered and traumatized the poor girl. Again.

You monsters.

Eh. Chuck a nectar at him, he'll be OK.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

They want to keep everyone out because they're planning a bitchin' surprise party for us.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Theantero posted:

Well the last game had a spaceship so maybe this will be a spaceship too.

It would probably be a submarine this time around.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Cassandra, Faye, Fang

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well, I recorded the Sea Quest fights (I am clearly a responsible person. :v:) and something very interesting happened. All I can say is that Scott will be a very happy Buccaneer once the LP reaches the 3rd Stratum.

If it's what I think it is, :getin:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Soon, it will be Scott's time to shine.

(Buccaneers are the best class in the game)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

You should take a look at it! The guy doing the LP is super good at it, barring set backs like people trying to organize five-farmer parties.

If he was really good at the game he'd do a solo farmer run.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm pretty sure a solo farmer run would actually be literally impossible though.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Scott, Sidney, Fang.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

When I fought Ketos my Zodiac killed him with a book to the face, gaining all the EXP for the fight.

Good times.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

theshim posted:

That head bind was ridiculous. You know that, right? Ketos basically attacked a grand total of three times this whole fight.

Clutch binds and ailments are the best part of EO.

That and kickass music.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Keep it secret. Side with our future robot overlords.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Buccaneer/Gladiator is an unholy monstrosity of a broken combo and I can't wait to see it shown off :allears:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ninjas often went undercover as farmers back in the day. I bet Alice has been playing the long con.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

All aboard the pirate queen train!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alice is the greatest assassin that has ever lived.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Ninja often dressed as farmers so they could blend in as they collected information and scouted enemies. :eng101:

Alice was a ninja this whole time.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Minor correction, the buccaneer skill that inflicts blind is lights out, not hanging.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Akatsuki, Scott, Rose

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm confused. What do you need a cart for that can't be done on an emulator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

This is good news, because this LP is great and It'd be a drat shame if it had to stop.

• Locked thread