Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
Princess Minalinski (Mina for short) - Prince/ss Normal Portrait 2
- Hailing from a land where titles and roles in society are purchased, not inherited, Mina was a mere peasant, not used to seeing fame or hierarchy. She had saved one year's worth of pay at the local tavern to purchase her title, which she obtained only because it sounded cute. A few years later, she went to Armoroad to visit her family, but when she mentioned she was "Princess Mina", the guards quickly started treating her differently and even got an ornate sword for her to have, though she's never used it. Mina's kinda confused about what a "Princess" should act like, never actually having been royalty, but she figured treating everyone (including monsters and bad guys) with kindness would be close.

Also, Democracy, and Guild Name: Bedouin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013

Rangpur posted:

I kinda feel like playing along too... So, in order that y'all might better appreciate how badly you were going to screw Dr. Fetus (and because I actually believe in the democratic process :smug:), I will complete the 1st Stratum with the party the thread actually voted for. Expect regular updates on why this is a terrible idea. Because it is.

Darn, you beat me to it. I was gonna finish work, then post that I would be doing exactly that. Well, except I was gonna finish the game with them.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013

Rangpur posted:

That... Would have been painful. As it is, the Arbalist class is the only one who can put out any real damage. But any analysis on my part will have to wait on the LP so I don't spoil anything.

Likewise. I actually just finished the first mission with the team with no casualties, even against <Atlus>. I'm awaiting Dr. Fetus' update.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
I made the exact same party as the thread, even with the same names and portraits as the submitted characters.

Dr. Fetus posted:

If Democracy wins, the party choice would be the following:

Hoplite: 7
Farmer: 7
Wildling: 7
Arbalist: 5
Monk: 5

Buccaneer: 4
Prince: 4
Gladiator: 3
Zodiac: 3
Ninja: 3

In an alternate timeline, Democracy did win, so the party will be Faye/Cassandra/Alice in the front, Sidney/Fang in the back. The placement is actually rather important. I also have Cassandra have the Indomitable Limit, Alice and Fang have the Charge Tactic Limit, and Faye and Sidney have the Cross Slash limit.

-----

Unlike the party Dr. Fetus has, there isn't enough ental to go around for equipment. While the armor is an easy 200 (5x 20 for the Shuro's Sandals, 1x 100 for the Buckler), the lack of a Dagger user makes buying weapons hard. In the end, I end up having to sell the initial Daggers they equip first, then sell off two Daggers from the alternate party to have just enough to afford the 370 I need (1x 90 for Macana, 1x 70 for Shortsword, 1x 50 for Large Hatchet, 1x 70 for Short Spear, 1x 90 for Crossbow). This is the first problem with this party, and if you don't feel like cheesing the early game funding woes by creating a bunch of characters just to sell their equipment and dismissing them, having a Ninja in the party is highly recommended. I think you've also noticed by now, but I don't have any ental for Medicas. While I'm comfortable doing a no-item playthrough in pretty much every game I play, this is not the kind of game you can be complacent in. Because of this, I have to stay at Level 1 Healing on Faye until I can get some extra funds. And that means not immediately, because any spare ental is going straight to the Farmer Party without Combat Study from earlier. They're the best source of cash early, but you need to equip them well enough to survive Great Lynxes. My skill set up is going to be one focused on saving time and cash.

Faye takes 1 Point in Healing and 2 Points in Form Qi.
Cassandra takes 2 Points in Provoke and 1 Point in Guardian.
Alice takes 1 Point in Earth's Bounty, 1 Point in Keen Eye, and 1 Point in To Market. Keen Eye is a skill that shows FOE locations on the map, and at Level 1 it works for 5 Steps and costs 6 TP, and is a requirement for To Market. To Market is essentially a free Warp Wire, known in this game as an Ariadne Thread. Having Alice learn this skill allows me to retreat if something bad happens, and boy, does it.
Sidney takes 3 Points in Giant Kill.
Fang takes 3 Points in Wild Mastery.

---

Now, onto the Labyrinth. Due to this party, it is imperative that you focus on using Provoke on any enemy that can deal double damage to any of your non-Hoplite front row characters. This means that at Level 1, don't waste using Provoke on Deadly Durians, but use Provoke on every fight involving Fanged Fish and Forest Frogs. Don't even bother getting into Great Lynx territory until Level 2 at the earliest. At Level 2, you can stop doing Provoke on Fanged Fish, but keep up Provoke on the Forest Frogs and Great Lynxes until you're done with the mission. Jump hurts Alice so badly even with her Vit up from the Large Hatchet that you should avoid getting her damaged as much as possible. Anyways, I level up to Level 3 before heading to the Great Lynx territory, only because of Alice. I'm kinda glad I did, actually.

At Level 2,
Faye takes 1 Point in Form Qi. Since she gains 4 TP from this level up, upgrading Healing is a big no-no.
Cassandra takes 1 Point in Guardian. Reducing damage to herself is more important with this line-up than protecting the front row for now.
Alice takes 1 Point in Lullaby. For a Combat Farmer, you really want to head straight for Persistence, which requires Level 3 Lullaby and Play Possum and Strange Seeds to be a high enough level, but you can't go straight for it if you're using a Farmer in your opening team since you really need To Market.
Sidney takes 1 Point in Giant Kill.
Fang takes 1 Point in Call Insect. It won't do much now but either way you really want to head straight for Call Elephant, and you might as well have a Skill that can do something. It's really expensive right now so don't use it unless you really need to.

At Level 3
Faye takes 1 Point in Form Qi.
Cassandra takes 1 Point in Guardian.
Alice takes 1 Point in Lullaby.
Sidney takes 1 Point in Giant Kill.
Fang takes 1 Point in Wild Mastery.

I can't show a gif of what happened, but just imagine it. As soon as I step into Great Lynx territory, I have three straight encounters with a Great Lynx. Normally, that's not so bad, but unlike Dr. Fetus, all three of them are Ambush encounters. Just great. I would have been shredded at Level 2, and outright massacred at Level 1.

In the first encounter, Sidney barely survives the first attack, and using Limits I'm able to defeat it that turn.
In the second encounter, Fang barely survives, and I use Cassandra to Provoke to draw attention away from the two injured in the back row. It takes two turns to defeat this one.
In the third encounter, Cassandra takes the hit, and I spend a turn using Healing with Faye and defending with Cassandra. Luckily the Great Lynx attacks Cassandra again without Provoke, and I finish it off next turn.

---

Fast forward to the trapped monster. I've triggered this event 18 times now, including this one, and the only times I happened to have the monsters attack me is when I had a party with a low Luck stat. Now, I don't know if this is coincidence, but I somehow feel your LUK stat is involved in that, which would also explain why having a high level party would no longer make them hostile.

Other than that, nothing else substantial to report. Everything else finished smoothly, and I finished the mission...sorta. I'll explain in the next update what I mean.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
Thanks for the insight, Dr. Fetus. Wildlings are my favorite class in this game, and for a reason I'll get into WAY later in the game. I've tinkered around with them long enough to know that if you don't have a Hoplite on your team, you don't need to summon Beasts early in the game. As such, I just jettison straight for my second favorite Summon, and then I go for what my team is lacking bind-wise. After that, then I start aiming for my first favorite Summon. I think the first time I'll actually use a Call _____ ability is going to be at the end of Stratum 1.

I should note, this is the second time in my 18 playthroughs I'm using a Hoplite, and the last one was an offensive one (very first attempt at the game). This should be fun.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Is anyone up for this challenge? :getin:

Probably gonna have another update up soon since it's gonna be fairly short, and there's gonna be a minor vote on something.

I'm actually kinda doing that as well. Unlike you I'm not removing the five Farmers; the farming party without Combat Study is the other party I'll be training manually until I need the other classes. I'll just repost the slight changes you'll want to do if you want to have them as your main team instead of the (2nd) backup team.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013

FrickenMoron posted:

I forgot if Scavenger Toma shows up more than once for those bar dialogues, but you totally should use the guy from Chrono Trigger for that.

No spoilers here, but he shows up WAY more than once.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013

So understanding how the Mission and Quest exp is tantamount, especially because of what I'm going to explain.

---

Raising 5 Farmers

Mode 1: The Easiest Mode
So yes, I completed the mission, but that doesn't mean the people that cleared the mission are the ones who will get the experience. One of the easiest ways to train a hard-to-train party, like a Farming Team, is by feeding them all the experience from Missions and Quests. The thing to remember here is that your Combat team won't necessarily need the experience, they can just train to get the experience they didn't get. In all likelihood, a party of five Farmers won't get to combat ready status for a long time. Because of that, it's just super easy to have a Combat Team, then feed all the Mission and Quest EXP to the Farmers.

Mode 2: The Slightly Harder Mode (still easy)
If you want the Farmers to actually be the ones to clear the entire thing, then what you can do is put a Save File after making your five Farmers. Next, select five more adventurers and have them clear the labyrinth and write everything necessary down. Have them die, then save the map data. Each square you've stepped on will still register in the system. Next, reload your game, take your five farmers, equip them with just Armor (and their Dagger), and have them just head on forward to the Guard. Verify the Map, then have one of the Farmers use To Market and get out of there. You can then start to equip your Farmers much more readily and with more experience before ever fighting a single battle in the Labyrinth.

Mode 3: The Actual Hard Mode
Obviously, both of those are cheating, in some aspect. So, here's how to do it for real.

Andy/Billy Bob/Carol
Danni/Edgar

Weapon Purchases: 3x Large Hatchet (150) for the Front Row, 2x Pitchfork (120) for the Back Row.
Armor Purchases: 5x Shuro's Sandals (100) for everyone, 3x Bark Gloves (120) for the Front Row.
Item Purchases: None
Selling: 5x Dagger (-50)
Total ental Remaining: 60

There's a lot of dangers to running a five Farmer party.
1) No Skill Healing or Reviving during battle, forcing you to rely solely on Inn Trips to save money.
2) Poor Combat Stats, forcing you to rely on battling weak monsters to survive multiple battles.
3) No Offensive Skills, forcing you to rely on normal attacks for damage. This becomes a problem later.

The few positives you have.
1) You can farm at the same time as you train. You don't need another team; you can stick all of your experience on these guys.
2) Earth's Bounty will let you level up a lot faster, especially because they stack. 76 exp from two Fanged Fish (which translates to 15 exp for everyone) becomes 114 exp (which translates to 22 exp for everyone) at Level 1. You won't want more than one point, due to how many points you need for the rest of your journey, and the high diminishing returns after that first point, but that initial 10% boost from each Farmer really helps.
3) Ariadne Threads are not necessary to purchase and timed events are more or less unmentionnable, as both To Market and Horseplay can help adjust the time to whatever you need it to be.

Because of these, here's what I'm using for Skills.

Andy, Billy Bob, and Carol are all taking 1 in Earth's Bounty, 1 in Lullaby, and 1 in Play Possum. As the front line, they need to go straight for Persistence. They'll pick up Bandage next level, but other than that they're heading straight to it.
Danni is taking 1 in Earth's Bounty and 2 in Lullaby. I'm aiming straight for Rotten Egg here.
Edgar is taking 1 in Earth's Bounty, 1 in Keen Eye, and 1 in To Market. You want to have the option to make it back home without having to walk.

Equip the Cross Slash on the back two, and equip Charge Tactic and Indomitable on whoever you want to in the front row. Don't forget to change around Indomitable depending on who has the lowest HP. I forgot to equip them, though, until I turn the mission in. Whoops.

--Enemies--

You really want to know how much damage each enemy can do with a normal attack to a Farmer in this state.

At Level 1,
Deadly Durian do 8-11 damage to the front row.
Fanged Fish do 11-14 damage to the front row.
Forest Frogs do 16-19 damage to the front row.

Each enemy group you have to follow a specific strategy.

2x Deadly Durian, 2x Fanged Fish
Attack with all party members. If that party member is within killing range, Play Possum or Defend instead, depending on your TP.

2x Forest Frogs
Use Play Possum on all three front party members, and use Lullaby on the first back party member. The fifth should attack. If any fall asleep, attack the one awake if any, and the lowest HP frog if not. If none fall asleep, run. Make sure to use Defend if you're not running away and low on HP.

Take the following Skills until you reach Level 3.
Andy, Billy Bob, Carol - 1x Bandage, 1x Play Possum
Danni - 1x Lullaby, 1x Rotten Egg
Edgar - 2x Lullaby

At Level 3, this is the earliest you can encounter Great Lynx and win. By this time, you should have enough things to sell and ental to purchase Strap Shoes for at least two, three if you've been really lucky, of your Front Row characters. Once you're equipped with three, it's time to show that Great Lynx a what-for! Just pray it's not an Ambush. I almost wish I had limits for this fight.

Great Lynx
Having the Great Lynx Bite Off a Party Member will result in death and a high likelihood of wiping, so run if it does this. Having the Rotten Egg user use it, and the rest attack. Everyone will now be able to survive a normal attack now (front row will have 1-4 HP left), so it's a matter of adjusting aggro with Play Possum, but don't do it all at once. You'll barely kill it if you pull it off correctly and the Great Lynx attacks everyone once, which he is likely to do, though it'll be at least a turn faster with Limits.

From there, To Market, heal up, and begin again. You should be Level 4 or 5 by the time you clear the mission, and you might even be able to afford a Scale Jerkin or two for your front row. Just don't give the back row armor besides the Shuro's Sandals, you need them to have a higher attack to use Cross Slash better.

(to be continued...)
----

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

Honestly, you're all making it way to complicated. It's just A ship. :v:

I'm gonna second this just because that was the name of my ship in my fifth and onwards playthroughs. Might as well make one of these get a second vote.

A Ship.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
You got way more accomplished in that initial pass of the sea than I ever thought possible at Stratum 1. Wow. This is definitely one area where I have no expertise in, other than a stupid Sea Quest I eventually cheesed with my favorite class.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
This is certainly going to be interesting, Dr. Fetus, since I think I know what you're talking about regarding the AOE effect. In my first playthrough I didn't need it or use it, and I won't be using it in this playthrough either, particularly because of some very interesting AI shenanigans.

For the rest of you, this isn't my first jaunt into Etrian Odyssey. As such, to raise the difficulty, I have my own personal rules when I play through an Etrian Odyssey game. The one that is relevant to the Sea Quests is the use of Rule #3: While exploring a labyrinth, as much as possible, your party must have the same exp bar. The only way to do that is to ensure everyone of the NPCs survive, then repeating each Sea Quest until everyone has gone the same amount of times on that specific quest. Since I have Alice, the Farmer, in the party, that's not happening until later in the Stratum. Normally, I can count on some temporarily upgraded equipment to help tide me over, but in this case I'll have to do without.

Unfortunately, that does mean there's not much to report. The party is Level 7 now and about to head into the 2nd Floor. As for why they're Level 7, I really tried to complete the Sea Quests with everyone.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
I forget the reason why, but it's either because of Action Speed or where they're positioned. I forget the actual reason and I just set up my party to have both. If it's position, then whoever's the farthest right will do their skill first, and I believe it's bottom before top.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
Alternate Universe Take: M/H/F A/-/W

Even at Level 7, Largebills are a pain to deal with and 2-shot Cassandra without using Line Guard. It's even worse in this AU, as Cassandra doesn't have many points in Line Guard, and has more points in Provoke and Guardian to protect the frail Alice. As such, I avoid fighting in the 2nd Floor until Night Time and move Alice to the back row after giving her a Pitchfork. It'll be a while before I even consider fighting Largebills.

I don't have the offensive muscle yet in the party, so I avoid fighting the Greedy Lizards and move on. The main problem to watch out for are any enemies that are considered moderate threats. Titan Arum, Great Lynx, and 2 Gigapede monsters all count. They're not bad on their own, or with weak minions, but running into a group like Gigapede, Gigapede, Great Lynx, or Great Lynx, Great Lynx, Titan Arum, is annoying and forces some TP use with this team. This is especially true if playing with the 5 Farmers, but that's for later. But first, a Status Update with this team:

Faye - Monk
- Form Qi - Level 6
(Healing Skills heal 45% more HP)
- Healing - Level 2 [5 TP]
(Healing is 75% effective)
- Refresh - Level 1 [6 TP]
(Restore 1 Ally)
- Unbind - Level 1 [6 TP]
(Free 1 Ally)

Cassandra - Hoplite
- Guardian - Level 4
(Physical Damage incurred reduced by 19%)
- Shield Mastery - Level 3
(Physical Damage incurred reduced by 3% if equipped with a Shield)
- Line Guard - Level 1 [3 TP]
(Damage to row decreased by 10%, 23% if Hoplite is on that row)
- Provoke - Level 2 [3 TP]
(Personal Aggro Level rises from 3 to 6)

Sidney - Arbalist
- Giant Kill - Level 10 *MASTERED*
(Damage dealt to enemies with more than 2x Arbalist's HP increases by 55%)

Alice - Farmer
- Earth's Bounty - Level 1
(Experience earned increases by 10%)
- Lullaby - Level 3 [4 TP]
(25% chance to inflict Sleep on all enemies, user falls asleep regardless)
- Play Possum - Level 1 [3 TP]
(Personal Aggro Level falls from 0 to 5)
- Strange Seeds - Level 3 [4 TP]
(At the end of the turn, 28% chance to inflict random bind(s))
- Keen Eye - Level 1 [6 TP]
(For 5 Steps, all FOEs on this floor are shown on the map)
- To Market - Level 1 *MASTERED* [13 TP]
(Warps the party back to town)

Fang - Wildling
- Wild Mastery - Level 7
(Summoned Beasts get an additional 11% chance to inflict their ailment(s))
- Call Insect - Level 3 [21 TP]
(Summon a Venomfly with 24 Base HP and 70% Wildling's Damage, attacks are Slash type with a 40% chance to inflict Poison, dealing 110 base damage at the end of each turn)

----------------------

Challenge Run: F/F/F F/-/F

One of the biggest things to note now is the lack of a good weapon. The Front Row, after equipping four slots, is able to switch from the Large Hatchet to the Makiri, but the back row will do better damage with the Pitchfork. It'll have to do for now. Still, neither weapon is impressive for damage. You'll barely be able to damage Gigapedes and Great Lynxes will still terrorize the group. Before embarking on a journey to the second floor, you should be around Level 5 and thus able to Rest and Respec one last time with no penalty. After completing a good portion of the Sea Exploration, the ental you receive should be enough to outfit your entire team. I would suggest leveling one more time before heading into the second floor. Here's what my team looks like:

All members equipped with Scale Jerkin, Light Muffs, and Strap Shoes. Front Row has Makiri, Back Row has Pitchfork.

Andy
- Bandage - Level 3 [2 TP]
(Restores 20 HP to 1 ally, usable only outside of combat)
- Lullaby - Level 1 [2 TP]
(15% chance to inflict Sleep on all enemies, user falls asleep regardless)
- Harvestry - Level 1
(Increase ability to Chop, Mine, or Take from points by 1)

BillyBob
- Harvestry - Level 1

Carol
- Harvestry - Level 1

Danni
- Lullaby - Level 5 [6 TP]
(35% chance to inflict Sleep on all enemies, user falls asleep regardless)
- Harvestry - Level 1

Edgar
- Lullaby - Level 3 [4 TP]
(25% chance to inflict Sleep on all enemies, user falls asleep regardless)
- Rotten Egg - Level 1 [5 TP]
(For 4 turns, reduces all enemies' damage by 5%, or 20% if that enemy has a status ailment)
- Keen Eye - Level 1 [6 TP]
(For 5 Steps, all FOEs on this floor are shown on the map)
- To Market - Level 1 *MASTERED* [13 TP]
(Warps the party back to town)

In this party, what you really want is two party members that can make use of a status ailment and Rotten Egg. Danni's role is to put to Sleep very dangerous targets, like Titan Arums and Great Lynxes. Edgar can then reduce their damage significantly, and with Play Possum in use you can minimize the damage done to you each round. Remember, you don't do a lot of damage and your skills can only carry you so far. Do not be afraid to turn tail and run using To Market after just 15 steps.

To clear this floor, you're going to level up a lot due to the constant shifting between advancing and retreating. Here are the main goals you'll want to accomplish on each trip down to the second floor. Oh yeah, don't forget to always come here at night, despite the Leg Binding Gigapedes.

Goals:
1) Clear the first shortcut at D4
2) Clear the second shortcut at B4
3) Clear the fourth shortcut at D3 (Leveling up a few levels here will help before attempting this)
4) Clear the fifth shortcut at D2

I would clear the Nectar quest as soon as possible to get the Volt Hammer, something very important to have on your front row, as having any sort of element will help. You should be able to get some good increase in damage once you forge Volt onto your Makiri. This allows you to deal better damage against the Gigapede and in turn allows you to complete the Gigapede Leg Quest, which gives you a Pedant Book (21% chance to inflict sleep). Put this immediately on your Lullaby user.

thenightsshadow fucked around with this message at 10:13 on May 31, 2015

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
Three votes for Dr. Fetus' use.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

[i]Leveling up Lullaby to 3 unlocks these skills. Strange Seeds inflicts random binds upon all enemies at the end of the turn. I don't consider this useful because of the random nature, and because binds are pretty weak in this game. Rotten Egg is an offensive version of Wolf Howl, in that it decreases all enemies' damage outputs of all kinds of attacks by a miniscule amount in normal conditions, but heavily decreases th

Something got cut out at the very end there. One more thing to fix.

I mentioned this before, but I don't see the point of having an AOE if what I think you're alluding to is what you want it for. I'll bring it up later, but you don't need an AOE attack.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
One slight addendum to my last update.

I just finished doing one of the Meregho Saeno Sea Quests five times. I...completely forgot to take Earth's Bounty into account for the equal EXP playthrough requirement I'm abiding by. Not a problem though, as long as you had your Farmer pair up with the same person twice. Take your remaining three party members, and take them in to face off against two Forest Frogs and two Deadly Durian. That'll give you the extra 80 EXP you need to keep everyone on the same EXP bar level.

thenightsshadow fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 2, 2015

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
I've beaten one at Level 12, but that required a specialized set up and it isn't guaranteed to survive.

H/-/H
P/W/P

Wildling
Level 4 - Wild Mastery
Level 10 - Summon Insect

Prince(ss)
Level 10 - Royal Veil

Hoplite
Level 4 - Guardian
Level 10 - Selflessness

Wildling utilizes Summon Insect, trying to get the 15.9% chance to deal the poisonous blow. Once you get that on there, as long as the Poison lasts for more than one turn, survive for two turns.
Hoplite utilizes Selflessness, heals from both Royal Veils, then defends on the damaging turn.
Prince(ss) is meant to just attack and heal. Indomitable should be on one of the Hoplites.

Loss conditions:
1) Poison lasts for only one turn.
2) Raging Tyrant doesn't do Charge on the first turn.
3) Wildling runs out of TP summoning the Venomfly.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
I'm of the opinion that since Scott is driving the ship, let's have the remaining nine party members take their positions with the NPCs as if they're doing the mission at the same time.

So, with that out of the way:

1) Alice, Rose, Cassandra, and Sidney
2) Akatsuki, Susan, and Asteria
3) Fang and Faye

Also, take Missy's advice and talk about his family.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
It's actually 3x5, and it's a waterfall that lines the edges of where the lines are. I personally don't draw them as lines since there's not actually a wall there, and label all the water spaces with Yellow for this stratum.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
Alice, Fang, and Fetus' Choice

Looks like it's up to me to demonstrate a weird quirk since you'll be using an AoE.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
I'll mention it again when I make my post, but even not having an AoE does not limit your ability to deal with Narmer. If you use a Wildling, your beast will ALWAYS target the third slot if they single attack. As such, you can target all six slots when you attack. You don't even need a skill to do so.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
It's been the case in the runs I started looking out for it. I will admit I haven't played this game in about three months prior to this LP, so it is possible that it was a specific animal I used, or perhaps the AI declaring the third slot to work if I hard reset and go straight to Narmer, but I'm fairly confident in this.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
Asteria because she's the best character,
Alice because she needs to gain some self-confidence (and I think I know what skill you're aiming for),
and Scott. I don't have a reason for him.

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
Having that weird bug where I don't see the post. Had to use the find posts method to see the post.

Head Bind on Ketos along with double Sovereign using Prevent Order, Protect Order, and Rally Order is how I got through this fight at a much lower level than yours when I first played through the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
Keep it a secret

Well, technically, it says we promise to keep it a secret.

If we really hate Olympia, though, who's to say we keep our promises?

• Locked thread