Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Torben, Farmer, alternate portrait 3

A man down on his luck. Trained as a farmer, only to never find a field. Out of options, he decided to go on an adventure on the Labyrinth so he could get money to, you know, live. Which will get hard in this line of work, and he fully realizes this. In reality, he couldn't care less and knows he won't be of any help to anyone with his skillset (which doesn't include "fighting monsters"), and coupled with his life experiences, this has left him unfriendly, bitter and cynical. With some snark on his side, full knowledge of how he won't get out of this with just dying once, and the ability to constantly put down everyone, including and especially himself (yeah, sure, make the guy who trained to plow fields fight that giant white inhuman beast that's murdered a bunch of people, that'll go well), is he the help our heroes need?! Probably not!

LPer's choice, because I'm sure there'll be less punishing moments to hurt Dr. Fetus. Also, since we're in the sea and all, Guild Strawhats. Become the Pirate King!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Aww, my character didn't get picked. Oh well, I'm sure this team will be super fun anyways, I trust Dr. Fetus' writing.

Looking forward to seeing the (mis?)adventures of Tidehunt!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

theshim posted:

Here's a hint: :atlus:

Are you kidding, :atlus: makes me think of ailments as absolutely critical to not die, not completely useless.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wasn't going to vote because I didn't care much but Tug Life is too good to ignore.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't see any better way to fish for posts than voting for the next party.

count this as a vote for Asteria

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Considering we're going into a place made of incredible technology, we must take the greatest minds on the guild. Therefore, my votes are for Fang, Susan, and Faye.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is this even a choice?

Don't even leave their souls behind, absolutely annihilate them.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Those King Starfish are stylish as hell.

Also say the truth. because I can imagine lying will get this kid into an even worse situation.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BlazeEmblem posted:

I'll say Faye, Asteria, and MEGAQUEEN

This. Faye and Asteria to make your life easier, MEGAQUEEN because she must shine. Forever.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I was going to vote Wildling, but...

W.T. Fits posted:

U-um... hello, there. Pleased to meet you. I am Alice-chan.

And the rest?

Oh, u-um... would you please die for me? YEAAAAAARRRRRRRRTTT!

... Close enough.

(Ninja.)

...this is too good, so I have to agree. Ninja.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Exploit those bugs. Exploit them hard.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wait, those worm-like FOEs are super weak to Fire? Why the hell do they live in a volcano? That sounds like it'd put an end to that race really, really soon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Okay, Dr. Fetus, stop joking around and show us your boxes full of shiny Pokemon, all of which came with Pokerus. And your winning lottery tickets.

Also you referred to Kujura as Kujara during the entire update.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

8_Escape posted:

Sidney, Asteria and Cassandra
Also if know any way of breaking the fight I would love to see it.

I agree entirely with this post.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, now I know I couldn't play this game.

I'd flip out every time I saw "Swordfishs" :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Why do you even bother asking this? You know fully well we'll all vote no mercy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Alice, Fang, Cassandra

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

By this point I've fully accepted that this LP is cancelled and restarted on a monthly or so basis.

I can't wait to see what the next LP-stopping obstacle is, and how Dr. Fetus surpasses it and keeps going. No FOE's going to keep you down.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Since I'm not too sure how this works, I'll vote for any combination of three so long as it includes Rose and gives her maximum damage potential. Thus, my other two votes are up to the LPer.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Why do you even bother asking at this point? Every time there was a vote like this, it ended on a completely one-sided victory. Dr. Fetus, you have to know it'll be no different this time, we'll all vote for murder, me included!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think there's a couple of things in the wrong order. The dialogue with the soldier upon reaching Aeaea (that's the dumbest name I've ever read, wow) and the following pirate guy talk are out of order with their screenshots, I think.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MEGAQUEEN, Charlotte, Scott. I don't care who's in the party but I'm sad for them because they have no votes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You wrote the "You worked hard to find this 4-Leaf Clover, and you happily pick it. You have found the requested item. Take it back to the bar for your reward." line twice, both before and after the "Obtained 4-Leaf Clover" image.

Sidney, Akatsuki, Scott, Fang, Alice. I wanted to vote for an all male party then realized that is literally impossible, so Alice can join her master.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I gotta say, the game made a great job in making Olympia's battle form look genuinely terrifying. But...

I'll never get over Etrian Odyssey's translations. The other two messages are gramatically correct, too! (if only because they both start with a King, where using "the" is appropiate, but the second actually has Olympia as a name without "the", what the hell?)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The princess portrait just has pgutrune instead of the portrait proper. Also, the PC-88 link to The King Forgotten by Time goes to The City on the Deep Blue Sea instead.

Also I like how nice the Abyssal King is when he isn't trying to murder the party.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dr. Fetus, you put the Faye Monk stat screen twice.

Also man, how the hell are you meant to know what to do here without a guide? It really isn't clear even knowing the other two paths. Geez.

Anyways, Charlotte, Smith...and I dunno, I guess you'll probably need Cassandra so let's go with that.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You've done enough exploring for a while, just chill and do some sidequests now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We haven't seen the sea in a while, might as well do a sea quest.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wiffle posted:

Alice and 2x Fetus' choice

This is farmer heaven, we can't pass this up.

This. I'm sorry.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

No need to punish yourself, just take the easy way out. This isn't worth it.

It isn't beating it with four farmers, a much more worthy ordeal.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

freshlybaked posted:

Alice, Fang, and Smith. I get the feeling we're gonna see zero of the former two later on as we progress so this may be their last time to shine. And Smith just because.

I feel the same, so I vote the same.

Also, did the game just stop working at 5:33? That Bodyguard sure took far longer than it should have.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 28, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

And to think Dr. Fetus disrespected her so much before!

You owe our favourite ninja-farmer an apology, I believe.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dr. Fetus posted:

And here’s the Ninja’s actual strongest damaging skill. In fact, it’s the strongest damaging skill in the game. Though in order to have multiple clones you need to be running a party that has less than 5 members, which is really not ideal. As a result, the high damage versions aren’t really practical to make use of since you’re essentially gimping your party to nuke down an FOE or boss. While the high damage versions can be used to cheese bosses and kill them in a few turns, they’re only useful for the big fights since you’d be running a very small party while exploring the labyrinth. Though if you’re doing a solo run for whatever reason, this skill can be

quote:

Notes:
  • The minimum aggro value for all skill levels is 3 and cannot be raised.
  • Does not stack with other provoke skills. They will be overwritten instead.
  • Only works on single (also includes attacks that deal splash damage) and random target skills. Does not work on row target or AOE attacks.
  • Multi-target attacks are somewhat affected, but only one attack can be drawn due to their targeting nature.

I get that this is the Ninja showcase, but there's no need to be mysterious here, you can complete your sentences and lists :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

On the Insectortoise's Discharge, you refer to it as Raging Boar.

Cassandra, Asteria, Charlotte.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dragonatrix posted:

Akatsuki, MEGAQUEEN, Sidney

This works.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Scott, Faye, Asteria.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

All my votes go to Dr. Fetus' choice because I don't want to risk this getting cancelled again, this time for good.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Smith, Alice, Charlotte, Fang, Rose. It's not like most of these will be useful in upcoming boss battles, might as well let them shine where they can. Alice, statue-maker, especially.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Why, after finding every item and mapping everything, is the found ratio at 87.12%? Events you didn't see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

And you said she was useless, Dr. Fetus! I think someone other than Cassie owes her an apology right now!

Alice, Elder Dragon Slayer. That's one hell of a way to end that fight.

• Locked thread