Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Wilding, Portrai 3, palette 1, named Fang

A young boy from the tribe of Wildlings from some far off, unexplored lands. His love for animals is unmatched even by the others of his tribe, but he soon grew to wonder about the other amazing animals living elsewhere in the world. stowing away on the nearest ship, he quickly makes for the Labyrinth to learn all about the wonderfully horrifying monsters that live there. Fun, personable, but has never been to a city as big as this one. He's fascinated by the monsters of the maze and quickly tries to make friend with every horrifying monster they meet. But when the creatures inevitably bite back, he's quick to call on reinforcements. He loves everything the monsters do, no matter how horrible or violent it is and is always there to give words of encouragement to them. Even if its the enemy monsters who are doing it to the rest of the guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

No, silly! FOE stands for Fysis Oikein Eidolon, and means Naturally Durable Phantom.

...wait, no. Maybe it meant Field-On enemy because it was an enemy you could see on the field?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Fang, Akatsuki, Sydney

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Its also possible that she's been changing things up and has been using different traps over the years. It is odd though, that she looks so young. Maybe its a family thing? Or maybe she's a monster in disguise.

Fang the Tiger Prince, Asteria the Hellfire Queen, and her loyal sidekick Brimstone Faye

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Night10194 posted:

Deep Ones. Deep Ones EVERYWHERE.

Yeah, this is my guess. Cthulhu. Just Cthulhu all the way down until the last stratum is literally just halls and halls of Cthulhu standing shoulder to shoulder.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Argent Cinereus posted:

Sidney, Cassandra, Fang

Looks good to me

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Would a Ninja solo run still count as a solo run?

:ninja::ninja:
:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

I am disappointed I didn't see "Off with your head!" anywhere in this update.

Personally, I'm waiting for "Die for me!"

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

8_Escape posted:

Sidney, Asteria and Fang.

Seconded

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I just got my Nightseeker up to level 20, is Assassinate really something I should focus my points into because this sounds absurd. I know back in EO1, some of the instant death stuff was pretty crazy if you built specifically towards that. Including killing some bosses like The Golem for conditional drops and what not. I do love how this series makes all of those extra attacks and effects really useful.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

It also helps that it seems to do a poo poo ton of damage, even if the instant kill doesn't proc. Which, as SMT Nocturne has shown, is a really good way to make KO skills more viable.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Alice, Fang, Akatsuki

I'm with Hivac in being very, very rude.

Agreed

We aren't giving you Yggdroids, but we aren't about to just give you the game either.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Charlotte, Fang, Sydney

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Fang, Alice, Scott

I really want to see the synergy between them, and declawing a bunch of eldritch horrors seems as good a time as any.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

On the brightside, this will be the most comprehensive guide to EO3 ever.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

This is almost to the same level as a Chokes McGee LP at this point. Godspeed, Doctor. You, and your army of roof cats.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Fang, Asteria, Scott

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

(That would be Etrian Mystery Dungeon. Avoid that one at all costs)

Likewise, what's so bad about EMD?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Scott, Sydney, Susan

Let's see just how big we can get those numbers.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Might be jumping the gun a bit, but how long is the post game for 3?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Oh my God those designs are hideous. The first male(?) one is pretty good, but just...really? Moe-blob heads just stuck on otherwise creepy looking robot bodies, with weirdly skin like exposed bellies and just hideous color palettes. And the second male(?) one has some weird bucket head design ruining the rest of his actually pretty good body. Its not enough the class sucks, but they don't even look good while sucking.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Have the Chasers been improved at all since EO3? I love the idea of them, but they always seem to need so many skill point investments that they just don't seem worth it.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Thousands of birds pooping in unison. :stonk:

Giant, violent, horse-sized birds no less.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Skyridge posted:

If we get EMD2 but not EO5, I'll be livid.

I'm on mobile so confirming is difficult, but I believe EO5 is on the list of games being localized this year. Was looking through a list of future Nintendo releases back when Switch came out, and EO5 was slated for a 3DS release sometime this year, I think.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Scott, Smith, Faye

Gotta let our metal man shine when he gets the chance, and I don't think we've seen the Barrages much before?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Electric Chair

The robot kingdom did say to leave it to them afterall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Wait, wait, wait, Untold 2 Focus gauge returns? Titles, and Subclassing? Oh Atlus, take my heart!

• Locked thread