Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Tidehunt sounds good to me. And for these early stages, just go with the LPer's Choice of characters.

While I was tempted to give you a Princess character, you seem to have enough of those to choose from. Instead, try this one.

Coo the Zodiac, Alternate picture 4
A shy girl who believes in the power of fate, and tries to use her powers to sense its flow. She hasn't had much success so far, but perhaps with some practical experience, that could change. She's nice enough when she has a reason to talk, but it might take something serious to fully break her out of her shell. In contrast to this, she is quite willing to fight for the benefit of the people she gets to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's when you go all Ahab.

"Step 1: Whale bites off leg." Okay, then what?

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I take it the max guild size is 25? I can't think what you need all those Ninjas for...

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I can see how sea exploration would look too frustrating to deal with at first, though. It takes several attempts before you're able to go very far. And if you don't figure out how to make money at sea fast, it feels like you'll run out of money fast, leaving you without much left for the labyrinth.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

EO always has a rival adventurer (or two) who fights you as a climactic miniboss. EO2 fakes you out once, though...

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Faye, Asteria, Sidney

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Explain how to handle them normally, but show how to break them completely.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Asteria, Faye, Scott

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Tell him.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Faye, Cassandra, Asteria

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Lie through our teeth.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Make her a Ninja.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Cassandra, Rose, Asteria

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Theantero posted:

You know what screw the Senatus and the Deep City. I want to ally with the creepy squid child.

I'd vote for that. Sure he's a real creep, but it's not like he's done anything worse than Olympia.

But I think that Dr. Fetus has an especially good plan this time for either alliance.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Armaroad

Mathematically speaking, well-trained humans are more capable of defeating powered-up Deep Ones than the Deep King's Yggdroids are capable of defeating normal Deep Ones. (Of course, you'll be doing all the work anyway, but...)

Also, while Kujara is kind of arrogant, he's really not that bad from what we've seen. Wheras post-betrayal Olympia is probably the most hatable character in the game.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Cassandra, Faye, Scott

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Name: Nevarsten
Portrait: 2a

Originally having joined the Armaroad military to protect the townspeople and serve her own ideals of justice, experience on the battlefield has awakened a love of violence and destruction in Nevar which can surface at the strangest times. She respects worthy warriors and believes in the power of teamwork and a balanced squad, and would enjoy sharing the techniques she's honed over the years - it's just that she also fantasizes about cutting them down herself, and mainly holds back because of pragmatism ("Yeah, because turning on your own team in the middle of enemy territory is a really stupid thing to do!").

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, no. I forgot what it did. I thought it was a buff.

Of course it is. It's a buff that now makes her so powerful that a regular attack hits harder than her old attack skills did.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Cassandra, Susan, Faye

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Portrait 1B: Niner

Portrait 4a: Athena 30

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Mr. Vile posted:

So you only get the ultimate Yggdroid armour in the path where you can't use Yggdroids :psyduck:. And I'm going to assume that in the Deep City path you fight Kujura to get the ultimate Shogun armour. I know NG+ is a thing in these games, but that still seems rear end-backwards.

Makes sense from another direction, though. To get the ultimate Yggdroid armor, you need to fight the ultimate yggdroids - which can't happen if you work for them.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

McDragon posted:

See, you say the Abyssal King doesn't punish you for messing up the guardian, but then he gives you Yggdroids. :v:

And this is why siding with Armoroad is the objectively best decision. Compromised leader or not, they're still much more capable of defeating the true final boss.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Armoroad, for being clearly better than the alternative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Firing Squad

• Locked thread