Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I make alive things dead and sometimes the other way around.
Cassandra, Charlotte, Scott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Sidney, Charlotte, and Scott.

I was gonna vote for the three worst choices to bring for these sea quests, but they'd never make it in anyway.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I am 99% certain that that's not the path I took to reach Aeaea, but I barely remember what I did towards the end of EO3 despite me beating it like a month or two ago.

Also, can someone tell me how you're supposed to pronounce "Aeaea"? I've been trying to sound it out to myself and nothing sounds right. Is it "aye-aye-ah" or "ay-ay-ah"?

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

wait are you telling me the reason i got ganked by a divine judge is because the loving TIME CHANGED

Long story short, on a later floor with a black-out zone on the map, I saw the Divine Judge in a room I had already mapped was patrolling side to side, so I planned my route through the room assuming he'd retain that path and ended up walking right into his up-and-down patrol route, getting blindsided and nearly getting a game over.
/typicaleostory

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I remember when I used a Prince/Monk and Ragnar told me that I should have eventually swapped him out for a Monk/Prince. I didn't listen to him.

I should have listened. It's honestly a miracle I beat this game with my terribly optimized party.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Dr. Fetus posted:

Another mapless area.

Yep, that was the room I got ganked in because I went through the west path and the time changed while I entered the room so I didn't notice that their patrols changed. Good times.

Charlotte, Faye, Susan, Fang, Asteria, Akatsuki.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

If I somehow had the determination to make it all the way to the Abyssal God (which I don't) and it nuked me like that, I think I'd honestly never play the game again. Which would be a shame because I do like EO3. It oughta be fun to see the Deep City side this time, maybe I can find out the real way to fight the bosses I struggled with/glitched out.

theshim posted:

Of course, EO4 also had a different start message.

"You stand before the Heavenbringer!" was pretty goddamn rad, not gonna lie.

One of my favorite parts of EO4, definitely.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Susan, Fang, Faye. I feel like it's been far too long since we last saw Fang.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Funny thing is, since my team was so poorly optimized, I always figured that 25+ turns was just standard for boss fights. It wasn't until I started reading the EO LPs here that I realized how horribly wrong I was.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Now that you've finally dealt with the Deep Princess, I can tell my story of how I cheesed the everloving gently caress out of that boss without even knowing what I was doing.

The fight went pretty normally for me (normal meaning slow and arduous 'cause I had no idea what I was doing) until I got her down to just below half health. I think my Wildling was trying to confuse her the entire time, but failed each time. At that point, I decided to head bind her, and you probably know how well that turned out. The crappy thing on top of that, however, is that I think I either landed another head bind or I switched to a different kind of bind before I knew what was going to happen. So she heals 5000 off the first bind on one turn, and heals another 5000 on the second, when I finally manage to call back my animal. I pretty much had to do the whole fight all over again from there, but I'm stubborn so I didn't bother resetting. At some point I did manage to confuse her, which I remember lasting for far longer than I feel it should have (it must have been 3 or 4 turns, but it felt like more). But then something weird happened with her AI, because she just kept spamming Sweet Song over and over again, doing nothing else for almost the entire rest of the battle, so I just beat her up until she died. I told Ragnar the whole thing as it happened, even he couldn't figure out what the hell I did.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

What even the hell is the Abyssal God fight... I'm sorta glad I've never made it to an EO superboss besides Ur-Child (which I couldn't beat anyway) at this point.

Deep Road 'cause it was the choice I made the first time and because screw Kujura.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Funny enough, you doing a good job at defeating the Progenitor makes it a little hard for me to understand how it was supposed to be a hard fight. That being said, I know I definitely would have had my rear end kicked by it several times over with how bad my team was, mostly because I didn't have the idea of using Bunshin on my Hoplite/Ninja so I'd have to guess what to block each time. Oh well, at least this one wouldn't HEAL IF I TRIED BINDING IT (I'm still salty about that).

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I found the Sea Quests to be interesting most of the time, so my vote goes towards those.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

This is the kind of death that really gets me infuriated, when a move that's designed to not hit you outside of certain situations actually does.

freshlybaked posted:

Alice, Fang, and Smith. I get the feeling we're gonna see zero of the former two later on as we progress so this may be their last time to shine. And Smith just because.

Seconded, and pretty much for the same reasons.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Was that a 3% petrify that just happened

Please give me some of your godly fortune

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

In any EO game where I made it far enough to fight the dragons, it was the Volt one who game me the most trouble.

Now, I want to see one deleted. By the time that battle rolls around, voting better give us the most broken team possible.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Dr. Fetus posted:

Kubikiri (Beheading)
  • Works with all weapons. The Ninja does not even need to have a weapon equipped to make use of this passive.

From the party's perspective, I can't help but imagine the confusion when your Ninja keeps trying to take monsters' heads off with blunt weapons or even their bare hands. Until it works, that is.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

These conditionals are making my brain hurt. I'm not sure what's worse, having to land three binds on a target that has high resistance to them and easily recovers, or anything involving curse damage. Probably curse damage, but the first one is still annoying. I'm almost glad that I stopped playing after my first run at this point.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Oh, these fights are gonna be a spectacle. I've only ever beaten the dragons in EO2U, my teams were too poorly optimized to beat them in EOU or EO4 and I stopped playing EO3 long before I reached them, so this'll be a learning experience.

Zore posted:

MEGAQUEEN, Rose, Sidney

Lets show off some of the guildies who haven't been getting a lot of love recently.

Seconded, and for the same reason.

e. drat discord habits

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Dr. Fetus posted:

That's the fastest non-Warrior Might kill I've gotten on this thing in any playthrough. :stonk:

SIX TURNS ARE YOU making GBS threads ME

Now that I think of it, the Blizzard King was the easiest one for me to deal with in EO2U as well, but I've never come close to a single-digit boss fight in any EO game. I just don't get how you and Ragnar do it sometimes.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

"I left my dragonslaying spear at the inn"? Really? That's the oldest trick in the book. Our guild regularly takes on otherworldly beasts, monsters, and myths of all shapes and sizes, but doesn't even have the sense to at least think "Maybe a dragonslayer who not only forgot her 'dragonslaying spear' but isn't responsible enough to go back and get it herself shouldn't be left alone in the labyrinth"? I'm stunned.

Also it's nice to know that apparently, people running off to fight dragons solo is EO tradition.

Dr. Fetus posted:

The Storm Emperor Dragon is generally considered to be the easiest of the dragons to take down. Just stack a lot of buffs and you’ll take it down in no time.

Oh, did I say easiest? Yeah that’s only for the other games in the series.

That was decidedly not my experience when it came to EO2U. Fighting the Storm Emperor was a horror show there, but the other two weren't nearly as difficult.

Anyway, I'll throw my votes in for Scott, Faye, and Smith.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I thought these dragon fights were supposed to be difficult. Did a single one even take more than 10 turns? This dragon god better be a real kick in the balls or I'm gonna have to pick up my EO3 save again and suffer because my team is horribly optimized and I can't make things look as easy as you make it look.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

That spinner maze makes me want to vomit uncontrollably. That's the kind of thing that'd make me quit the post-game or give up and find a guide. Though it makes me wonder, does every post-game EO stratum have that one floor that's basically a giant middle finger? I've only done the post-game in EO2U, where I can say from experience that the answer is yes, though probably not to this degree.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Alacron posted:

Use different party members for each quest, give this LP the finale it deserves

If this were an option, I'd go for it too.

Otherwise, I guess I'll throw in my votes for Asteria, Cassandra, Rose, and Charlotte. Considering that I stubbornly dragged a Wildling through my one and only run of this game (much to my detriment in a certain boss fight that I've rambled on more than enough by this point), this is a fight I would have actually liked to give a shot. All the work to reach this fight, though, is beyond my party's capabilities (and my patience).

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Dr. Fetus posted:

However, the Zodiac sisters in the 3rd Sea Quest input reads Golem as well... and deliberately casts their elemental spells if they see it cast Reflection. :suicide:

At some number of attempts I remember I just straight up stopped reviving them, I let them nuke themselves and tried to do the fight without them. I can't remember if that worked or not (probably not), but at least I wasn't insane in thinking that they were intentionally screwing themselves over.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

It may sound weird when I say it like this, but the first fight is how I'd imagine this battle going. Not necessarily the 50 turns thing or the struggle to revive everyone, but when the next battles are ended before 10 turns pass, you don't get as much of a feel for what the boss is going for. There's not gonna be a moment when I don't love seeing bosses get trashed and this is no exception, I just also liked seeing the boss actually be a boss.

Did they actually write "by" twice in that description? It always gets on my nerves when I see mistakes like that in games (enough that I actually took a picture of the two or three I found in EO2U).

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I've been going over the Abyssal God's AI and skills with my brother who's never played an EO game, and he's ruled out that the only way to actually beat this boss is to set the game cartridge on fire. And here you are with six different victories. Calling you an evil genius would be an understatement.

Thank you for the fantastic LP and making sure I didn't have to suffer through this postgame on my own to see the end. In the right situations, I might have actually wanted to fight the Abyssal God, but that's way too much BS for me to handle.

alcharagia posted:

I can't believe Let's Play EO3 is loving dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

Yukari posted:

I mean as far as "why nobody became confused" without using protect order/regroup tactic. If they were all confused earlier and got healed from it twice each, as might happen in a longer fight, with buffs up, the AI might be spamming the skill over and over even though it can't inflict confusion anymore.

You are correct in assuming that I had built up confusion resistance due to being struck with it a few times, but this AI doesn't react to AR in any way. It's not technically deciding to cast it again directly because of my AR, but as a result of it. The important part is here:

Deep Princess' AI posted:

If HP is below 51% and the party has 6 or more buffs, and no one is confused, cast Sweet Song. (Standard targeting.)

As Fetus mentioned, this case right here would technically lead to constant casting of Sweet Song. I had a Prince on my team, so I definitely had a few buffs on my party, and I know I got her below half her health before she healed back up after the two binds landed. I don't know if I can say for sure that her AI got muddled because of being sent back a phase or two or I just managed to get her back under 51% after my confusion landed on her, but she had already tagged my party with panic (not necessarily everyone at once) at least once or twice so we had definitely built up resistance to it. Hence, Sweet Song wasn't likely to land again, but she kept trying to because my team had buffs and none of them were currently confused.

• Locked thread