Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Eh, I was able to finish that last quest before exploring 20F, with a party that's pretty similar to yours. It was certainly a thing though.

RegalStar fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Tyty posted:

I also remember it hitting a resistant enemy for full damage as if it was also untyped for some reason but I'm kinda foggy on that bit. It could've been the enemy wasn't actually resistant to slash or something.

It's composite damage depending on the imbued character's weapon type, so if what you're hitting isn't resistant to the character's weapon type they'd still get hit for full damage.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Akatsuki, Susan, Scott, Fang, Charlotte

All the classes that I haven't used on my EO3 run other than Alice.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
This reminds me of when I was trying to kill Queen of Hearts/FOEs in You in Wonderland in persona Q before realizing the potential of poison or multi-hit attacks :suicide:

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Dr. Fetus posted:

First off, that's because I didn't put the Shogun subclass on Rose which skyrockets her damage to utterly ridiculous levels that no other class can hope to compete with.

Doing so would also necessitate using a couple of not great attackers instead of Scott breaking faces, though.

How does Shogun make these fights a cakewalk, anyhow?

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Deep City. I assume that we're probably not going to be voting on the 4th stratum fight again (since both have been done already), and you can always use some more catharsis.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Alice, Cassandra, Rose

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Alice, Fang, Akatsuki. Status effects FTW.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Also head bind = less TEC = less accuracy.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Your choice

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Rose could have respecced to Freeze Blow for the thing, I'd think.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Charlotte, Asteria, Sidney

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
For those playing along at home, I found that a Monk deals with this thing a lot better than a Hoplite can since the guesswork involved in trying to guard against its attacks is annoying. Even with the third one (with one of the NPCs being a monk), I tried bringing a Hoplite and a Gladiator and failed several times, then I replaced the Hoplite with my Monk and succeeded in one try.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
At least Sidney can still fit in Berserker Vow, right?

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

vdate posted:

Postgame hell

E: Spinner hell is way worse because you have to keep a presence of mind about all the time; any time your mind wanders off a little bit, oops - now you have no idea where you are.

RegalStar fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 4, 2017

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Going out of the LPer's comfort zone is a very fun thing for both the writer and the reader. By all means, at least give the use everyone option a try.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
The sisters still do provide a lot of firepower though; at least Reflection doesn't negate the attacks altogether. I guess the theme of that battle is basically "nectar spam".

But still...

quote:

If HP is below 76% and an Fire, Ice, or Volt attack was cast last turn, follow this routine for the rest of the battle until all skills in it gets cast, Regen gets cast, or self takes damage from a non-elemental source of damage:
79% chance to cast Reflection. (Standard targeting.)

Two people can't really revive three NPCs at once, so once they desync out of their rhythm... :shepface:

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
I know how the latter two options go but I'm not sure what the first option refers to, so Guillotine please.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
I still want to know what the Guillotine method is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

BlackPersona posted:

I thought the Alice solo was crazy, and that’s how I know this is a badly designed fight when I’m more skeptical of a legit fight over a Farmer solo victory. Godspeed, Fetus.

(Also I really enjoyed the King of the Red Tug Bot, got a good kick out of me)

Well from what I can tell, the biggest bullshit of the fight really is the guy randomly changing into defense form and bounce back all your queued attacks for an TKO, and there's a way (two ways actually) to get around it.

• Locked thread