Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
This is...horrible.

I only watched the first episode. That was plenty.

The pacing of the conversations are completely off. None of it feels like an honest conversation. I doubt that those people have even heard of the bands that their costumes have on them. The dancing at the start was painfully awkward and would never have been seen at a metal festival, which is where I'm assuming it's meant to be set? It's hard to tell though considering your zombie horde consists of about 12 people in total. The lighting and colours are all over the place and off. The pacing of the characters makes it impossible to follow as from one moment they go from "attempted humour" to "terror" without any real transition. Every joke was predictable, every reference was awfully tired and the "It was a D&D game" is just as bad as the: "It was just a dream" trope.

I mean was this scripted? Was this planned? Or was this just slapped together? Hell taking out a fraction of a second between the edits would've made the conversations flow and feel like an actual conversation which meant that we might've cared about the characters, which means we may have found them funny or remotely given a drat when they were eaten by zombies.

The acting wasn't woeful and I feel that if they had better direction, more convincing performances could come from the talent on-screen.

And you guys resorted to zombies on the first episode of the season? Well we're clearly running with a fountain of ideas. I can't wait to see what other barrels of creativity you crack open next.

I'm sorry, but I really dont' feel any passion or soul in this. This doesn't even feel like a labour of love that had it's heart in the right place that just didn't work out. It feels like it was something written to tick as many "Popular" boxes as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread