Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
welp, EASHL is back, take my money EA I am a sheep with to willpower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Select player types live? Awesome, that'll totally prevent people from just sitting there doing nothing in the lobby for two minutes

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In '13, PWF made better TWD than TWD

I don't know, this all sounds kind of hokey to me and I bet it's going to be annoying and lovely and won't stop people from being fast and doing dangles

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

dynamic mascot technology

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I see a bunch of the old 'dozers playing the beta and I'm just over here getting my rear end kicked in Rocket League wishing I had a PS4 code :smith:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Same but I'll play rocket league with you right now psn: TheDukeChin :hfive:

This is a fine consolation, I sent you an invite

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Man, I wish I ever played EASHL with someone from this site as well as we play Rocket League. And more realistic physics to boot!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

prom candy posted:

Are any of you guys playing Rocket League? I know it's not the same as hockey but it scratches a pretty similar itch. I can't seem to put it down.

PSN: IceFortJohnnyAce, help me quench my insatiable car soccer lust.

There should really be a 3v3 Rocket League...league.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm going to spend $60 on this game just so I can play EASHL with goons

Just like every year from 09-12

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It's been like that dating back to like NHL 12 for PS3 so I doubt it's changed at all

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I played an EASHL drop in game last night as a TWD, had 5 hits and a goal in a 5-1 win and my drop-in record is still 0-0-0 and I have no stats :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jovial Cow posted:

We need to have an Xbox vs PS goon throw down.

I'm also going to practice and get a new microphone so that the old Killdozers will welcome me back hopefully :sweatdrop:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jovial Cow posted:

Fair warning we have 2 guys sitting every night as it is from the 15 crew so I imagine there's going to be some push back on that until we get a bit further from launch and guys start playing less.

put me in coach my hands are fancier than ever :smith:

I probably need some time to get acclimated to the new game since I haven't played since like 12 or 13 anyway, so that's fine

e: If there's people sitting, is there a way to join drop-ins together? Maybe would could at least get 3 or 4 of us doing something in the meantime if the squad is too full

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 17, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

When I saw the builds when they were released me exact thoughts were "I'm never going to be anything but PWF/TWD" and after playing with both of them I feel like I was 100% right. If I'm playing Center, I'll probably go with TWF over PWF, but if I'm a winger, I'm going to take PWF every time.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

So much for dedicated servers, this game is so laggy it's literally unplayable over 50% of the time.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Uniballer posted:

A few of us are playing drop-ins right now. Add Smooovey for some good times

Bummer, I was on last night but fell asleep, so I don't know of anyone came on. I'll be on Monday and/or Tuesday night after work.

Sidebar: Do we think we should have a separate drop-in LFG thread so we can keep this one to general game discussion? I would say one each for PS4 and XBone but lol.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Uniballer posted:

A couple of us are about to play some dropins for the next two hours or so

I'm on my way home from work, I'll be on in 20 minutes or so

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The AI is still terrible but just from watching a game for a minute on the bench or as a goalie in BAP, you can see that it's noticeably better than it was a few years ago. Then again, I haven't really played since NHL12 or 13, so I might just not remember.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Pleads posted:

If you have one account with PS+, other accounts on the system can play online as if they have PS+ even if they do not. So you should be able to set up a second PSN account on your PS4 and participate in EASHL as an entirely new player.

Since there is no unlocking of cards and stats and poo poo, this is now a feasible option with no real consequences aside from splitting your stats and badges.

Someone try it and confirm.

My sister's boyfriend has an account on my PS4 and we couldn't matchmake in Rocket League together unless he bought PS+, we could only play 1v1 local.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

When it happened with us, he had to create a PSN account on my PS4 and the get the PS+ free trial in order to access the online features. When he just created the guest account and attached it to the PSN he registered, it wouldn't let us join any online matches; it didn't work until he got the PS+ trial.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Ok, Mikeworks, Tordah, and Fingers_M are now in the NHL 16 goon group/community. Feel free to invite other goons you know play NHL 16 to it!

I sent a request PSN is IceFortJohnnyAce

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

rocket league hockey??? loving game over

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If I had a goal for every time i made a good defensive play to poke/lift/hit the CPU off the puck only to have him or a teammate still be the first one there and still manage a scoring chance, I'd win every game 25-0

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Oh, were you aiming that pass that way?

It would be a shame if it were to go

IN THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE DIRECTION

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i'm left d and i'm decidedly average thank you very much

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

that's what he loving sounds like in real life

if the first thing you did when you got this game wasn't turn off the commentary and turn all the arena and in-game fx all the way up you're doing it wrong

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I basically just play off-line HUT and built a team of all Miami alumni plus Dylan Larkin and Luke Glendening because Gary Steffes doesn't have a HUT card and Austin Czarnik, Riley Barber, and Blake Coleman aren't in the game.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Seems like they fixed online lag

lol

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Did it though? Because when I'm playing Rocket League, my ping hovers around the high 30s/low 40s and I can download poo poo at like almost 2 megs but when I'm playing EASHL every 3rd game is choppy as gently caress and I'm rendered to a useless piece of poo poo that skates around in circles

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm pretty much always the captain for my squad and it makes no difference. Maybe they fixed the input lag? Because the gameplay is still laggy as poo poo like 40% of the time.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It took them 15 years to have the bench celebrate when you score a goal, so don't get too crazy now

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzU2q-lHwJs

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Orlando Solar Bears all day every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU