Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.

Thank you all for your support in developing my brand new game!

Offical URL: https://gigamaidens.com
Steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442872378

FAQ
Q: What is it?
A: The ultimate in Giantess fighting games! Gigamaidens™ will bring an exciting new dimension to the fighting game world!

Q: When can I play it?
A: Hold on partner! I know we're all rearing to go for Gigamaidens™ but please be patient. I've just started this project and it will take at least a couple hours to finish.

Q: Can I give you money now? I really think paying for a game before it's released is a good idea!
A: I'll have a Kickstarter up before you know it pal!

Currently working through the Steam Greenlight program and launching a Kickstarter as soon as we have enough assets ready to take on the world!

Preproduction Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znMgbCB53Kw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlx7xXcDZVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBw6kM00--k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DTQ7Qlp8ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUIxMn7MmLw

Concept Art
I know some of this is a little rough, just trying to get the idea across.

TomR fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

I'm very excited for future developments.

Keep it up guys! Your aspirations are huge!

TodPunk
Feb 9, 2013

What do you mean, "TRON isn't a documentary?"
Truly inspirational. A progressive touch to a genre heaped with cronyism. I am so hyped. Please don't let me down!

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
Glad you are overcoming the trolls and claims to the name. Looking forward to the kickstarter.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Do you have any official concept art, videos or screenshots for this amazing sounding game?

edit:
YOU DO!!

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

I wish you the best of luck good sir. I would be willing to make the website but I've got a hot date tonight.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I'm glad you didn't let those shameless imposters in that OTHER thread create sufficient noise to detract from your superior product. To think they'd sink so low as to register SA accounts just to troll your superior vision :colbert:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Woah. This is gonna be big.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
See me in Gigamaidens, my Heather is incredible

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
Wait this is real? I thought this was a fever dream I had.

E: Please do not make games based on my fever dreams.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Observe Me posted:

Wait this is real? I thought this was a fever dream I had.

E: Please do not make games based on my fever dreams.

How can you copyright fever dreams? Who do I file a DMCA to?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Cross posting this from that fake and bad Gigamaidens thread:

TomR posted:

I figure since people here are constantly talking about all the "awesome" 2D fighters they're making that feature things like tons of stupid internet memes, "broken poo poo" like comeback mechanics and parries (what the gently caress) and a lack of 14 year old anime girls listed as a positive, I guess I may let the cat out of the bag on the fighting game I'm making which in my mind is the polar opposite.

My game is called GigaMaidens and it's a 3D arena brawler with no male characters at all. The gist of it is that all the women are 2 kilometers tall and have a ton of apocalyptic-looking attacks, fighting each other by summoning supervolcanoes and firing nuclear missiles at each other, causing untold amounts of destruction. Now I'm not gonna lie or embellish anything about it, it's a game that seeks to appeal to pretty much only me and a handful of like-minded individuals. And currently it's in a vaporware state. But god drat it I am going to get this done if I have to lock myself in my room cranking out all I can do.

Rather than taking away features, my game is purely casual-oriented for the lowest common denominator to play it. So I'm not going to shy away from things like comeback mechanics or even items and powerups. I think starting a franchise by ripping off mechanics from the most notoriously broken and hard-to-play fighters, with the intention of being the most "hardcore" fighting game imaginable is a surefire way to limit your sales, so instead what I'm doing is the opposite. I'm making it as easy to play and fun as possible, since in my mind, whether or not a "fun casual" fighting game ends up competitive is a crap shoot. My inspiration for this game is the Dreamcast era of fighting games, that really didn't give a crap as to whether or not their games were balanced and competitive as long as they were fun. Games such as Tech Romancer, Power Stone and the original Soulcalibur form the basis for what I'm trying to achieve here.

The game is (at least in part) a self-aware parody of fighting games that focus on female characters, making fun of the way unscrupulous game designers and story authors will manipulate their work to gratify their freaky, terrible personal fetishes. Expect things like:

Gratuitous amounts of city destruction with taller buildings acting as obstacles

Items and power-ups to bolster your skills (or lack thereof)

Unrestricted movement across XYZ planes; simple controls and easy combo strings

Awesome supers and "ultimate" attacks that shrink and humiliate the opponent (this gives me a giggle)

An entertaining single-player trial/adventure mode that teaches you the game

Cute & sexy giant babes! Don't masturbate to them! (There's also younger girls like this one if you're into that sort of thing, I don't judge)

I guess we might get an awesome, famous composer doing the music

Blowing up planets as a regular part of the combat? Hmm. Maybe if there's a sequel.

Original humor. No internet memes or excessive outside references.

This is not a pet project, this is a legit game, with funding and a team and everything, for commercial release on Steam and maybe some other platforms in the future. So, you like this idea? No? Too bad, this game is still happening.

This is how I have it planned out. At the bottom of the screen are two meters; a red "FURY" meter and a blue "PASSION" meter. Don't focus too much on the names, since both meters basically do the exact same thing. As you attack your opponent or get attacked, your meters will fill up, starting with the blue PASSION meter first, and then the red FURY meter when PASSION is full. You've probably played Street Fighter so you know how this works. The difference is, in GigaMaidens, all special attacks REQUIRE meter. Anything that is not a normal attack (I.E. punches, kicks, tail swipes) requires meter (I.E. fireballs, laser eyes, plasma-engulfed sword thrusts). There is only one possible strength for all special attacks. To this end, the control scheme I'm planning on using operates this way:

"Special" handles all special attacks, in a manner similar to Smash Bros., meaning that it is possible to simply press Special+Any Direction and get a different move based on which direction you pressed. You may also do Street Fighter-style inputs to get different special moves as well, increasing the variety of moves you can get from this handy button. Super attacks will most likely consist of a directional input+L+H+S.

Special attacks cost meter, but which meter it drains depends on which meter is more full. The red FURY meter basically acts a surplus meter for when you are out of PASSION. Supers require full blue PASSION meter and drain PASSION upon use. FURY cannot be used for supers, even if the red FURY meter is full. However, when fury is full, you will be able to activate FURY mode. This will cause your FURY meter to steadily drain, but during this brief period of time you will be able to use as many special attacks as you want.

The piece de resistance of both meters comes from when you have both of them full. When this happens they will fuse into one meter that has "GIGA" flashing over it. When you have GIGA meter, using any special attack will take it away. But as long as you have it, your character glows purple and has boosted speed AND damage, sort of like a passive X-factor. As long as you don't use any special attacks, you could stay in GIGA state indefinitely. But if you really want to be happy in life, you will most likely want to land the secondary function of the GIGA meter: the GIGACRASHER.

GIGACRASHERS are ultimate, humiliating super attacks that are unique to each girl, similar to level 3 hypercombos in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. The method of landing it is different depending on which character you're using, but the end result is the same: your opponent gets shrunk to an incredibly tiny size and your character gets to have fun with them in a ridiculous cinematic that will surely leave your opponent humiliated and annihilated. This is an incredibly damaging attack, not an instant kill; but your opponent will likely wish they were dead than have to suffer what's in store for them. If this hits them all sorts of misery will befall them, such as getting crushed, stomped, steamrolled, pitched and kicked around like a baseball, engulfed in lava, or even stir-fried in a giant wok. You do not want to be on the receiving end of a GIGACRASHER. This might very well cause an unprecedented holocaust of rage-broken controllers.

To jump, you may press Guard+Kick simultaneously. Press it quickly for a short hop or hold it down for an enormous, mighty leap. Since this is kind of a slow action that you must commit to, jumping and then falling on your opponent counts as an overhead attack, and they will be instantly smashed prone if they are not anticipating this. However, jumps are punishable on guard. You may combo your opponent in the air by using the universal launcher (downforward+kick) and then immediately jumping after them to follow them into the air.

So... what state is the game in right now? Sad to say it's still in a concept phase. I want to get something done, but numerous production setbacks and other priorities in my life have prevented me from moving forward with this until now. If anyone might be interested in helping out, I am on the lookout for new team members. We're good on 2D and concept artists but we need programmers and/or 3D modellers who can make characters in a cute anime style. We are intent on using Unreal Engine 4 for this game, so knowledge about it would be a plus. I'm doing some modelling, and I have a programmer and animator on deck, but any help is welcomed.

Uhrm. That was a mouthful. Hope I don't lose my spirit on this thread later.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I voted on greenlight and look forward to purchasing it. Let us know if you need money to sue josh tejada.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Which one of these pieces of poo poo is going to be the The Asylum version?

Both. HEYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOO~

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Can't wait to play this game, voted on Steam. I love the new direction your taking the game in TomR!

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Combat system is started. Still pretty rough but it's early days!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JK1p0BW8fA

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Finally, video games are art.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is a good idea i wish i had thought of

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
this is unbelievable

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Haha a gigahorse i get this reference

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
josh tejada stop downvoting everything in jealousy

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Buying asap and not masturbating furiously to giantesses

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

hurry up and go to early access . can't wait to pick out my giant waifu to step on me and make me clean her stinky feet

edit: I didn't realise DA was such a greasy place, holy poo poo.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 19, 2015

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Someone's gonna jerk off to this game. Is it the dev? is it the person who's gonna buy this? Who knows! Maybe both!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HogX posted:

Someone's gonna jerk off to this game. Is it the dev? is it the person who's gonna buy this? Who knows! Maybe both!

yes

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
those women aren't even that big, tbqh

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

josh tejada lost like 300 pounds

TodPunk
Feb 9, 2013

HogX posted:

Hopefully it's made tasteful as a higher art form of the craft of fighting games instead of the trash the truly disturbed trolls had in mind with their sad fan-art.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

TodPunk posted:

Hopefully it's made tasteful as a higher art form of the craft of fighting games instead of the trash the truly disturbed trolls had in mind with their sad fan-art.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I find these pics in the post just above mine very arousing. Sexualy.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
:qq: GOONS ARE MEAN :qq:
I hope that weird guy stalking you and messing with your project gets punished to the full extent of the law. Good luck, can't wait to kick a gigahorse in the face!

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Why isn't it on Steam anymore?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442872378

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Why is it important to signify that they are all "maidens"?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Cryohazard posted:

Why is it important to signify that they are all "maidens"?

it signifies their purity and availability. They're true waifu material, not filthy sexhavers

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Sorry but you shouldn't speak about this matter directly, all communication should be going through your lawyer.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Wow that art really looks like poo poo. I'm glad TomR actually has taste and artistic talent, unlike whoever commissioned those.

TodPunk
Feb 9, 2013

General Olloth posted:

Sorry but you shouldn't speak about this matter directly, all communication should be going through your lawyer.

I appreciate the class from the multiple people advising Karl here on how to adult. I do hope he learns how copyright works instead of his fantasy version, but regardless I think TomR has shown some great gamedev and it's good to see focus on that rather than trolling. Can't wait to play the real game actually being made. Truly the community is winning here.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm tempted to take the gas chamber challenge for this thread and everyone involved because it's loving embarassing.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Sorry about the mix up about the Steam Greenlight page! Here is the link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442872378

• Locked thread