Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that our quartermaster is basically Drebin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It really is kind of odd that she's just "happened to join up" in so many maps so far.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do we actually meet more militia groups or is that one of those offscreen things?

Anyway, I love how few shits our ultimate commanding officer gives.

But I don't really understand the whole "no time to remove mines" thing. Can't Engineers/Armor Techs do that for free while they move?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Can you use grenades to get at mounted guns, or is interception fire too much of a problem even then?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose the Nameless are short enough on manpower that leaving anybody behind is going to hurt.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, if you want anybody as a minesweeper, I suppose the paranoid has his good points.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Night10194 posted:

You know, that was batshit insane and dumb, but I couldn't help but be a bit amused by 'use the crazy lady to distract the enemy, then flank them.'

Kurt is committed to using every part of the team.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, now. I wonder what the Yggdists think of Max's attempt to turn himself into a Valkyrur.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Night10194 posted:

I dunno, if you want to be really charitable to the game, you could say they use a normal Imperial soldier to point out that even these faceless mooks are someone's brother, father, husband, or whatever.

I don't think that's the case here, mind.

Eh, I think that's exactly the point. Welcome to war, good luck making it out alive.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like this story crossover. I mean, of course it makes sense that the detective looks into those weird coincidences. ...once Kurt's stopped him distrusting her, anyway.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

EponymousMrYar posted:

A deserter or worse: a spy that sabotaged those missions and has come back for more. That's what I'd be thinking looking over her record.

Three times is enemy action and all that. I'm sure her transfer papers were filed as fast as possible.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. I thought Kurt would find some way around war crimes.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
He's wary of extra oaths of loyalty. Generally they mean the people demanding them are starting to go a little unhinged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That was pretty textbook Avan, really. A dude with huge drawbacks who you have to use but at least he's not a total waste of space.

• Locked thread