Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

well it is a video game

when it says how genius your strategies are, it means you, the player. the genius strategies are supposed to be whatever you did to win the last map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the old lady is the best character in the game, okay thanks

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's a legal/rights thing? penal labor is paid irl, albeit not much at all.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

everybody still has two classes they excel at though, so every engineer can also be another class while still being in a preferred class

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

I've seen this stupid line in animes before. What does it mean? It obviously doesn't have nothing to do with you, it's a sentence directly about you, addressed to you. Is there some badly-translated nuance of meaning here or is this just rear end writing?

It's not my problem/i don't give a gently caress. it's one of the sentence structures that works in japanese but is awkward in english, so bad translators will leave it as is. see, "It can't be helped".

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tae posted:

I'm really confused on this whole deal. She's been fighting for Kurt since the beginning, unless they just mean she doesn't have these forced deployments anymore...?

i think the idea is that she's just doing her own thing each map, but for gameplay reasons they still let you control her.

Tae posted:

Ramsey, what are you doing picking up teenage chicks.

take another look at the guy, of course he's picking up teenagers

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i married her

the romance choices in this game are exceedingly subpar though. Should have been able to romance my bro Gusurg. Failing that Gloria.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah, it's the same as in 2 where new members get sent to the nameless as you progress through the game

i do think 3 has a smaller roster overall though

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's really funny since there's no affection system or anything, so you can view one girl's version of every scene, then at the very last choice end up with the other girl you haven't been spending any time with.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 24, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Lotish posted:

Are these scenes strictly optional or do have to end up with someone?

you have to. basically at a couple of points you can either hang out with riela or imca, with the last of these points working as the final decision.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

thank you gusurg, for trying to get us laid, but i think kurt is a lost cause

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

You're like six posts from a new page still

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

that's a lot of posts

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

can i hold out, and make three more posts?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tae posted:

Please don't spam it like last time.

edit: Seriously, please don't.

Alright, sorry, won't do it again

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you see "it can't be helped" all the time if you read manga and anime. it's one of a handful of phrases you eventually realize is a literal translation of some japanese expression or idiom or what have you. that said, i suppose that's what you get for free translations.

one could even say it can't be helped

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the only other super common one I can think of is "As expected of BLANK".

it rankles

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

she's the best

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tae posted:

So uh... if you guys want to tell me who you want next to see, I'm all ears. Alfonse, Leila, Gloria, Felix, and Valerie are left.

gloria, obviously

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

there's a couple of legit criminials, but yeah, most people are jean valjean criminals instead.

which isn't a bad thing, i'm not sure i'd want a playable party of murderers and rapists. It's nice to have likable characters

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

David Copperfield posted:

Oh great, now I have the mental image of Gloria doing a honey pot herself.

this but unironically

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i am obsessed with boobs, and i don't care who knows it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

me irl

• Locked thread