Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
You don't plot against your country without being a bit paranoid. Bad personality traits crowd together on villains; ambition, pride and paranoia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Inbetween Gloria "looking like a typical old european lady" and the depressing Darcsen looking good "because he's pale and has black hair" the character commentaries seem to still have moments, but overall it's a huge improvement over VC2.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

EightFlyingCars posted:

On the other hand, old ladies who can get away with throwing all the shade are one of my favorite things ever and I hope Gloria never ever stops.
Gloria, is by far the best character and if anime had more characters like her maybe it wouldn't almost all be drek.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I would play an Alfonse spinoff game; he's replaced granny as the best character.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Hopeford posted:

The tone feels so different it almost feels like it belongs in a different series.
Same series but different genres. VC2 was firmly a high-school anime, that just happened to use the VC stuff as well. This is more like the sorta war-drama VC1 was.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Clarste posted:

It's actually sort of interesting to see a Japanese interpretation of the Western stereotype of a samurai. In other words, the reason he tried to kill himself is because you were thinking "he's gonna try to kill himself, isn't he?" It's our fault, sort of.
I don't regret making those "breaks a teacup? Time to kill ones-self" not-jokes at all.

Because really, they did kill themselves over the dumbest poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I wonder if we actually do meet the brother. It would be a neat way of continuity, to meet characters mentioned but never seen in the other games. (Though whip-lady sorta is that already)

• Locked thread