Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

I like the prisoner aesthetic in those character pictures. It's a pretty cool idea for a game, although I suspect they'll undercut it somewhat by having most of the recruits victims of politics. It works with Kurt but I'd like it if the majority of them are there because they straight up shanked a dude and stole his wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Clarste posted:

Yup, it's Class G again. A bunch of slackers who, down to the last person, are wrongly accused or otherwise secretly nice people. Just waiting for a good leader to whip them into shape.

The premise of them refusing to listen to his orders until he gains their respect works pretty well from a gameplay perspective though, since it controls the rate at which you gain new squad members without having new people suddenly get accused and thrown into the penal squad constantly. Since they're technically there all along but just don't fight.

You'd think Kurt would just have a few of them put in front of a firing squad until they obeyed orders. But I suppose it isn't that kind of game.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

I want my Squad 7 back. Everyone there was willing to fight; half these losers just wanna gripe that fighting may result in death.

To be fair, they have been put in a suicide squad against their will. The again, I know I'd be like No. 15 if I was in a war so maybe i'm just more sympathetic to cowardice.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

AfroSquirrel posted:

So, do CP costs for orders represent a character's competence as a leader? It would fit with what we've seen.

I've only played VC1 but in that, orders seemed to just be Welkin casting war magic since it allowed people to shrug off bullets and stuff like that. So my theory is just that Avan wasn't as in touch with his dark sorcerous powers as the other protagonists.

• Locked thread