Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcomage
Nov 10, 2012
I quite like Leila, myself - not because she's an awful mishmash of stereotypes and character traits, but rather because she demonstrates firstly that the Nameless are apparently a dumping ground for soldiers that are clearly competent and effective but for various personal reasons impossible to use in a military structure, and secondly that the developers of this game have learned a bit of subtlety. Leila has an obvious personal connection to a character from a previous game and yet unlike half of Class G she is neither up-front about it nor does it define her entire character. Her Fragment may yet prove me wrong about this, mind, and I nonetheless suspect that her basic character traits were only decided on after they decided she'd be Homer's sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcomage
Nov 10, 2012
Yeah, by the looks of it it's not so much Riela's fault that she's in the Nameless as it is an issue with the regular army and the people who command it (yet again). Presumably someone noticed that soldiers were spreading rumours about her, and instead of actually addressing or verifying said rumours he shipped her off to the Nameless to avoid her dropping morale by her presence, or he actually believed them and had her transfered to avoid getting the squad killed. Either way, not really a stellar job as a commander but that seems to be about par for the course in Gallia's army.

• Locked thread