Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Gallia! where even the Penal battalions wont do what's in their best interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Internet Kraken posted:

The gently caress? Why would a penal squad have pay, and furthermore why would it be GOOD? :psyduck:

Maybe its one of those circular sort of things were they get paid more but have to buy most of their own equipment.

Its not like it matters, I doubt they are ever meant to leave.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Watch, its gonna turn out Gusurg is the one person in the squad who murdered somebody with his bare hands.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

You know we just saw them in the previous game, but it feel like we just met up with some old friends we haven't seen in A while.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

It's not necessary. The proud Imperial soldiers receiving aid from Darcsens would take it as an insult.
Let's return to base.

"Good luck shitheads! Hah!"

I like this guy.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Tae posted:

Kid, if I busted a vessel every time there's injustice in the world, I'd be a skeleton by dinner.

You know im still not sure im 100% on Gloria, but this line right here really speaks to me.

Also drat Gloria you scary!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Psykmoe posted:

Well, at least most of these dysfunctional headcases actually got some consequence for their nonsense. Assaulting a major? Breaking into royal archives? That doesn't fly unless you're a main protagonist :colbert:
You forget, Kurt was sent to the nameless for delivering A letter.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

You know the more I see of Kurt in these the more he seems to stick out. He's the first protagonist to have so little interest or involvement with his squad's shenanigans its almost like he's from a different genre let alone game.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Tae posted:

Oookay...it seems like a meeting with the Ravens increases the difficulty spike for whatever reason. It's not because we were ambushed, but their troops are just flat-out stronger by a large margin than any Imperial force.

Well it is nice of the game to give A reason for them to raise the white flag. Usually you would spend A mission like this slapping the enemy around and then give up at the end because...well we entered cutscene land.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Its not A matter of if but how, I'm betting on by her own hands.

Also "plump body"

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 9, 2015

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Tae posted:

You guys read too much Drakengard or something.

Now I'm imagining A mix of these two, and its awesome.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Of course he tried to kill himself.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I have to admit this chapter has really given me mixed feelings about Gloria.

Cause that was kind of hosed up.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 14, 2015

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

given the usual competence we see in the army I'm surprised that her crime is listed as "sucked at her job five times". Seeing as she's always manages to live you would think that would put her ahead of the curve

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Night10194 posted:

They could also have tossed her on the principle of 'She makes us look bad and we're spiteful dicks.'

I like to think they have A big rubber stamp that says something like this just for the many occasions it probably happens.

In fact im supprised that isn't the reason they chose for throwing Kurt in the nameless. I guess they flipped A coin for whether thay are more corrupt or more incompetent and then write it in based on the outcome.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 21, 2015

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

So yeah, The Nameless were just forced into becoming war criminals.

Gotta say, this is pretty low even for the military.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

BlitzBlast posted:

They have protagonists.

They also have by the end of Vc2 something like three magic girls running around to everybody elses none, and if there is anything this series cares about its magic girls or people with magic girl powers

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

gyrobot posted:

Techniclally Gallia had none left as Alicia left the army life while Selvira killed herself.

And dont forgot ruins belonging to the Valkyur and the last official Darscen Clan. So it holds a lot of political cult rivalring Yggists Church

?

1. Aliasse
2. Riela unless she died between games
3. Alicia
4. Alicia 's kid eventually.

Just because they aren't in the military anymore doesn't mean they couldn't get back in or blow people up.

Plus you don't need to be in the army to shoot lighting.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

So how long do you think it took him to get there? I have this image of him having to take days out of his contribution to the war effort for what amounts to A two minute game of verbal wack-A-mole.

That was A weird scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Tae posted:

[ So you're saying that since there's no citizens, a disguise isn't needed?
I am merely suggesting we take an alternate plan now.
I don't really care how you do it. Just get the doors to Yuell open for us, whatever it takes.
Understood.

It's an emergency request, and we're the nearest military forces to the situation. Should we help them?
We can't go anywhere while Yuell's defenses are being set up, but you Nameless can go. I'll inform Command. After all, your speciality is being mobile, right?
Understood.

That's odd, Why is he not being dickish just to spite them? His smug apathy is the nicest anyone in the military has been to them.

• Locked thread