Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Anatharon posted:

LP would be a far better subforum if every other LPer was replaced by Tae. :v:

Now I feel bad because I should be updating my own neglected LP right now, but instead I am reading VC3 LPs and translating Extra Edition's DLC missions for Apepresident.

Wait, no, I don't feel bad, because VC3 is awesome and more people should have played it.

paragon1 posted:

Christ the Gallian army is full of incompetent assholes. It really says something that the Empire is considered worse if this is what the good guys get up to, yeah?

The unofficial Valkyria Chronicles motto is Everyone's An rear end in a top hat Except For (a few of) Us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Here, let me try my hand at my own translation.

quote:

: We're gonna punch the thing before more things get punched.
: I wanna punch the thing!
: Look at what happened when these jerks punched the thing.
: All the things... were punched...
: Hell yeah... they were...

: I don't wanna punch the thing anymore!
: You need to know why you're punching the thing.
: I'll show you the right way of punching the thing.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

I wonder how many people actually did this Fragment with Serge as an engineer. The poor schmucks.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

TWIST FIST posted:

the number of actual criminals is probably less than the number of people who volunteered

Cake Attack posted:

there's a couple of legit criminials, but yeah, most people are jean valjean criminals instead.

which isn't a bad thing, i'm not sure i'd want a playable party of murderers and rapists. It's nice to have likable characters

Off the top of my head, there are an equal number of career criminals, voluntary transfers, and poor schmucks who pissed off the wrong guy. The bulk of the rest are cases like Leila, Clarissa, Giulio, and Annika. They don't think they did anything wrong, but they were found guilty of crimes of varying severity - though I think Annika would be able to claim self defense under normal circumstances.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

gyrobot posted:

But the trend of moral greyness in my video games! I want an assassin for hire who was sent because he was taking specific bounties on the head of certain people

Let me introduce you to this friend of mine, his name is Faldio and he's pretty edgelord - hell, he's voiced by Cloud Strife, man.

Anyway, the back story variety is better for keeping these Fragment ,stories more interesting even if it overall muddies Muh Immersion. How many times would you be able to sympathize with "how did you get in here?" "Shot a guy" before you started hating everyone?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

I wonder which artist decided on "Exactly like Homer, but with breasts" as a design concept. I also wonder if anyone other than me had nightmares at the thought.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Tae posted:

So the last fragment is upon us, so here's uniform design talk to get meaningful discussion rolling for the next page.

When I was doing my research into the inspirations for Valkyria, I always found it fascinating that they were drawing from the American 442nd Infantry Regiment, but it makes a lot of sense given the overall theme of the Nameless (bar a couple of real prizewinners we don't meet until later). In order to make a penal squad sympathetic, it was a great decision to base it on a real squad that was unconstitutionally imprisoned and fought like tigers anyway, given their one chance to get out of the internment camps.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Tae posted:

Research for what?

Back in 2011, I worked at a small studio that was working on making a video game adaptation of Dust Tactics. So I dug deep into the foundation of VC1 and VC3 for their inspirations while I worked on my own Weird World War 2 story.

Plus, I spent a few years kicking around the idea of running a translated VC3 stream or hand translated LP, since I'm a huge fan of the series. My own hand translated LP, the translation patch, and the Tae/Apepresident LPs have all made that dream obsolete, so I'm just sitting back and enjoying one of my favorite games getting some well-deserved love :)

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

TWIST FIST posted:

the people in this thread seem way more obsessed with boobs than the developers, in my opinion

But not the lead character designer, whose twitter is dangerous and should be avoided at the workplace.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Night10194 posted:

We must not allow the creation of a strategic magical girl gap!

Isn't that basically the point of the artificial Valkyria project in VC2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

gyrobot posted:

Thank god they had Julio as a cook or they would be eating crappy rations given they are a penal battalion.

You'll find out a little bit more about Carisa later, but the World's Scariest Quartermaster would never let that happen. She didn't even let them have regular uniforms, why would she let them eat like regular soldiers?

• Locked thread