Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

B&R Eternal is weak because of the execution, not the story they're trying to tell. It's got a lot of the elements that make a good Batman story, and a villain that fits in well, it's just... so typical of current DC. It's like they're just going through the motions. Mother just enacted her twisted version of Batman's origin (strength born of trauma driving her to cause more trauma, instead of protecting others from it) by brainwashing all of the children of ten of the world's major cities into becoming fearless child serial killers-- and I just don't care. It's all falling flat.

Who knows, maybe in a few years I'll be comparing things to this run and asking where the ability to deliver went but I don't think so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

lotus circle posted:

Tynion probably didn't bother reading anything of the run after the original team left, and you can't blame him. It was ok for a while but immediately took a downturn once they decided to make Kate a loving vampire and have her basically be a domestic abuse victim at Nocturna's hands.

She wasn't a vampire, she was just drugged out of her mind.

• Locked thread