Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Teddybear posted:

His shirt is on sale, and it's 20% off today only.

$20.

gently caress dont do that i just bought a lot of shirts :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I like how Joe's shirt still had creases as if it had never been worn prior to five seconds before he came out

Merchandising!

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

fart blood posted:

WWE has contracts that aren't exclusive?

For NXT they do at least. Rhyno's on one and he works all the Detroit area indies. I think Blue Pants was/is on one as well. Joe is booked up to August on a bunch of different indies. It's good though, he gets paid from the WWE for one Wednesday a month and still gets to make "big" money on the indies.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I can't wait for the battle of fat dudes in t-shirts.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Retromancer posted:

I can't wait for the battle of fat dudes in t-shirts.

The best battle.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm working a late shift so I couldn't watch this. Was it good

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Alain Post posted:

It was Good.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Alain Post posted:

short answer: yes

long answer: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Not even Joe's WWE debut

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hell I love NXT. I'll watch it tomorrow.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Teddybear posted:

His shirt is on sale, and it's 20% off today only.

$20.

That's a good shirt.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Samoa Joe, thank you for coming to your senses and signing with Vince because TNA never knew what the gently caress to do with you.

That said, who is now the biggest wrestler to have never worked with Vince with Sting and Samoa Joe now appearing on WWE programming? I'm not counting big Japanese or Mexican wrestlers because that's like 90% of the wrestlers over there.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Justin Godscock posted:

Samoa Joe, thank you for coming to your senses and signing with Vince because TNA never knew what the gently caress to do with you.

That said, who is now the biggest wrestler to have never worked with Vince with Sting and Samoa Joe now appearing on WWE programming? I'm not counting big Japanese or Mexican wrestlers because that's like 90% of the wrestlers over there.

eddie kingston?

it is a fat joke

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Justin Godscock posted:

We including guys who WWE signed and didn't know what to do with them?

Edit: The American Wolves? The Briscos? MGKA?

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Justin Godscock posted:

Great Muta worked in WCW a bit so I'm saying him

E: if we're talking strictly American, AJ Styles

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Dr. rear end posted:

AJ worked a few of those Jakked/Velocity type shows.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Dr. rear end posted:

Oh yeah, I would include Christopher Daniels too. I always thought of him on the same level as Joe and Styles.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I love that we've had two events with Zayn-Owens main events without having a real blowout match and I haven't felt slighted either time. Owens should hold until the December show and hopefully Zayn will be back for that for a barnburner.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I don't think Ole Anderson ever worked for Vince.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Justin Godscock posted:

I'd say AJ and then the Young Bucks. Oh, and Alex Wright.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I don't think even Vince deserves that.

And DOH! How can I forget about the Bucks.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
gently caress me, can you even imagine how crazy crazy good the blow off match to the Owens/Zayn feud is going to be?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i think Owens/Lesnar would be neato-keen

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

And if were talking women wrestlers. Lufisto?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Ole doesn't really count imo since his prime was before Vince went national.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Thauros posted:

Ole doesn't really count imo since his prime was before Vince went national.

True, but he probably would be in Pat Patterson's or Michael Haynes' role in the WWE if he ever was.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I haven't seen Joe in like three years, and he's bigger and scarier now, and he and Kevin "KO" Owens are going to kill each other, while I watch.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Justin Godscock posted:

Samoa Joe, thank you for coming to your senses and signing with Vince because TNA never knew what the gently caress to do with you.I as

I asked who the biggest modern US/Canadian wrestler never to work for Vince was in the Q/A thread after Sting showed up at SurSer, and the only name that came up that hasn't been mentioned yet is Magnum TA.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fauxhawk Express posted:

There was probably about a really short period where Ole worked for Vince and it wasn't by choice.

I don't think he really did anything else for Vince other than quit or get fired.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Justin Godscock posted:

AJ Styles

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I don't think Stan Hansen ever worked for the current Vince, but he did work for Vince's dad in the '70s. Same's true for Brody. Basically all the big AJPW gaijin worked for (W)WWF at some point except Abdullah.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

AJ Styles

AJ has wrestled on the B shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1h3JCirtuU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 21, 2015

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder what stipulation they'll put on Owens/Zayn III to cap it off. Maybe "I Quit" or something similar, since Sami has lost twice (or, more accurately, lost once and didn't win the second time) without giving up? I figure it's gotta have something tacked onto it now.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
In all honesty its probably the Bucks at this point, if you discount people who stopped wrestling because of horrific injuries and accidents.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

So did Joe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG5ONc6aWac

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finished it.

-FINN loving BALOR HOLY CHRIST. I want Sami to vanquish KO but Finn should absolutely beat him in demon mode if they want Kevin on the main roster. No question. Now I totally get why he was paintless for the first shot at Owens, and it's perfect.
-I don't "get" Tyler Breeze. I know he's great in ring and he kills it with the gimmick but why the gently caress was he getting dueling chants with Finn?
-Legit super pissed they didn't change the tag titles. Now was the time, IMO.
-I believe it was Rich Brennan with the call but the call of "Oh my God...it's Samoa Joe." was loving PERFECT. It wasn't JR losing his poo poo, but it was perfectly understated and mildly terrified like "Someone is going to die."
-If they do a Zayn/Owens III gimmick match with Zayn going over it'll be perfect.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

-I don't "get" Tyler Breeze. I know he's great in ring and he kills it with the gimmick but why the gently caress was he getting dueling chants with Finn?

are you seriously asking "I know he's a good wrestler and has a super over gimmick but why do fans seem to like him so much??"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

are you seriously asking "I know he's a good wrestler and has a super over gimmick but why do fans seem to like him so much??"

Actually yes, when he's wrestling a cooler wrestler with a badass gimmick and is actually a face.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Please do not doubt or malign Prince Pretty, the Millenial Michaels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I'm not done yet but Lynch/Banks is easily match of the year over the triple threat at Royal Rumble. Holy poo poo. I sat with my mouth wide open for nearly that entire match.

• Locked thread