Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I want a gif of Balor's entrance showing off his ridiculous spikes and wings, they're awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I guess I just find his gimmick silly but not in a markout way like Balor's, and while HBK is a decently apt comp and speaks highly of him, even now watching HBK when he was purestrain HBK and not just "Oh it's Shawn Michaels and he's vaguely kind of like a male stripper dad" just comes off hokey in a "destined to be midcard forever" way to me and distracts me from the greatness I know is there.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I didn't like the main event much at all to be honest. We've already got John Cena and Sami Zayn floating around in feuds with Owens, now Joe too? As someone who hasn't really followed Joe's career much beyond a few matches here or there I didn't feel his presence alone was enough to help me accept the non-ending of the match but I guess I went in expecting way too much closure.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

I didn't like the main event much at all to be honest. We've already got John Cena and Sami Zayn floating around in feuds with Owens, now Joe too? As someone who hasn't really followed Joe's career much beyond a few matches here or there I didn't feel his presence alone was enough to help me accept the non-ending of the match but I guess I went in expecting way too much closure.

I actually agree however the only thing I can guess is Sami's gonna be gone a long time and they wanted to do an ending to kayfabe it but also not depress the gently caress out of the crowd.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, there's already sites saying Zayn's probably getting surgery in June. If it's as bad as Itami's, that'd put him out till drat near (if not exactly) 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

That DICK! posted:

good people having too many feuds is not a problem. better than having every pairing hermetically sealed in a vacuum segment until their index card is swapped to someone else for the next three months of raw rematches

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That DICK! posted:

I don't think Zayn is going to be feuding with anybody for a while due to being murdered, and Cena might not last another 10 days. It will be interesting to see how they go forward with it. Maybe Joe will follow Kevin "KO" Owens to the main roster and then get Little Buddied by Cena because they both hate Kevin "KO" Owens.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

epitasis posted:

good people having too many feuds is not a problem. better than having every pairing hermetically sealed in a vacuum segment until their index card is swapped to someone else for the next three months of raw rematches

okay i guess i agree but still speaking as someone who only got back into wrestling after WM30 after a 15 year break ending the show on "Woah! Is that... is that who I think it is?! Is that Samoe Joe?!" and a super-long staredown seems straight out of the Impact Zone and it's disappointing given that as far as I'm concerned pretty much every NXT special has been better than the last.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I guess I just find his gimmick silly but not in a markout way like Balor's, and while HBK is a decently apt comp and speaks highly of him, even now watching HBK when he was purestrain HBK and not just "Oh it's Shawn Michaels and he's vaguely kind of like a male stripper dad" just comes off hokey in a "destined to be midcard forever" way to me and distracts me from the greatness I know is there.

I don't think any of those people were really wanting Breeze to win the match. It's a respect thing. It's a smart crowd and they know how good the guy is regardless of how much better Balor is.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I mean this was clearly the worst of the specials since the first hour was pretty much just a thing, but the women's match was incredible and if you didn't mark the gently caress out for Joe you clearly have no heart and are incapable of understanding what makes wrestling tick. Sami was obviously hurt bad enough that he couldn't win so they went with the logical temporary conclusion. Sami v. Owens as an actual match where Sami gets to go over is so clearly the money match of this whole goddamn promotion that I don't mind them putting it off for cool other things while Sami recovers.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't think any of those people were really wanting Breeze to win the match. It's a respect thing. It's a smart crowd and they know how good the guy is regardless of how much better Balor is.

I guess I just didn't look at it through that lens but it makes sense. Not like anyone was booing Finn.

Also am I nuts or is Corbin improving?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, the main event was pulled off pretty well considering what they had to work with. They can't put the belt back on Sami if he has to have surgery, and Owens/Balor II and Owens/Joe can carry the next couple of Takeover cards. I was cool with it even though it was barely a real match.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Oh I lied the men's tag match was pretty good and the Jersey Boys looked pretty drat good even if Cowboys didn't get almost any of their shine in.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Look at all these people posting the wrong Joe theme song. Here's the goodness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlVVyErlJR4

Also, laughing at Joe's shirt only being available in 3X, 4X, and 5X.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joe details

Deal spearheaded by HHH, likely verbally agreed to when he visited during the last tapings
Will work all indy dates scheduled and any future ones agreed to unless NXT needs him at the same time as date, unique obviously
Shirt already done obviously, action figure and other merch agreed to

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

C. Everett Koop posted:

Look at all these people posting the wrong Joe theme song. Here's the goodness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlVVyErlJR4

Also, laughing at Joe's shirt only being available in 3X, 4X, and 5X.
God that is a good song drat

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

If Regal as end boss (slash Regal in ring) is basically done, then Samoa Joe as Regal's right hand is loving perfect.

I loved the whole show - I need to re-watch parts just to focus more, but the women's title match was amazing, the women's tag match did the story well, Balor-Breeze was great though a touch short, and the tag title match was...dang. I'm cool with where they're going because (much like Sami winning the belt) it'll be even better when they do finally get it done. Corbin-Rhyno was kinda just A Thing and shows how limited Corbin is, but at least it's not a squash and he looks alright coming out of it. Somebody said it in the NXT thread, Balor has all the "it factor" that they keep having to tell us Corbin has.

Owens-Zayn was expectedly great, though it was more a story thing than a work rate classic. Let's hope they can do that one as the finale sometime soon.

And Samoa loving Joe. Jesus.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

-I don't "get" Tyler Breeze. I know he's great in ring and he kills it with the gimmick but why the gently caress was he getting dueling chants with Finn?

because it's a show in an Orlando soundstage and that's just what wrestling fans do there

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

As not so great as Corbin is, I liked his match with Rhyno tonight. Sure he can't really do anything but punch, kick, and End of Days, but both he and Rhyno are good enough at that to fill a few minutes. Rhyno looks really good, he's aged well.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That eye on Finn's back was amazing. He doesn't even need the extra stuff, IMO. Just put him in the paint and his entrance is still badass. I especially liked the lava veins in the LED ramp when he was crawling down it.

I like how Tyler got a brief "CAR WASH FEET" chant. They really do look like that.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Finn is evolving to some sort of mega dinosaur. I also love how cool his entrance music and lights are. They're just so perfect.

I hope when he debuts there's no mention of the body paint until his first PPV match where he comes out and people who pay no attention to NXT (like 80% of the WWE audience) freak out.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Finn is evolving to some sort of mega dinosaur. I also love how cool his entrance music and lights are. They're just so perfect.

I hope when he debuts there's no mention of the body paint until his first PPV match where he comes out and people who pay no attention to NXT (like 80% of the WWE audience) freak out.

The whole crowd doing the pose with Finn and the music is just so loving awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I couldn't watch the show live so I went into full blackout mode till I got the chance. So worth it, that ending :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I'm getting some serious whiplash going from watching this and then watching Impact clips on Botchamania. Watching through this and man it's pretty cool to see some really solid, no bullshit wrestling that the crowd is really enjoying.

• Locked thread