Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
suikoden 2
vtm
skyrim
witcher 3
earthbound
mother 3
baldur's gate
mario rpg
fallout nv
vanguard bandits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninety
Mar 13, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 4 years!)

1. Halo 2
2. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
3. Toejam and Earl
4. Halo
5. Halo 3
6. Uncharted Waters
7. Final Fantasy 7
8. Halo: ODST
9. Sengoku Rance
10. The Sims 2

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Just basing this on my favorites, not necessarily "classics" or whatever.

Breath of Fire 3
World of Warcraft
Final Fantasy 8
Golden Sun
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Bravely Default
Star Ocean: Second Story
Fire Emblem
Vandal Hearts
Transistor

Also it was kinda tough to make this list without repeating games in any particular franchise, which made me realize how little I play RPGs these days. :( Just don't have the time anymore, I guess.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Persona 4
persona 3
FFX
FF9
FF5
FF Tactics
FF7

Can you tell I've been replaying old JRPGS on the vita

Are we counting the souls games as RPGS? I don't think they are but in that case

Demon Souls
Dark Souls

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Are we counting the souls games as RPGS? I don't think they are but in that case

Demon Souls
Dark Souls

If we're counting LoZ, Ocarina of Time or Majoras Mask needs to show up more in these lists.
But I don't really consider them RPGs per se.. Even the souls series is more RPG-like.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

nosl posted:

If we're counting LoZ, Ocarina of Time or Majoras Mask needs to show up more in these lists.
But I don't really consider them RPGs per se.. Even the souls series is more RPG-like.

The poll is asking two questions: "what are your favorite games?" and "what games do you consider to be RPGs?", and the results will likely reflect both. For instance, a game like Chrono Trigger will place high because it is was well-received and generally considered a RPG, while games strong in only one (Final Fantasy II is generally considered an RPG that is bad and Majora's Mask is generally considered a good game that is not an RPG) will place low.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Not really in order and I'd probably change my mind tomorrow, but:

Deus Ex
Baldur's Gate 2
Planescape Torment
Fallout 2
Suikoden 2
The World Ends With You
Alpha Protocol
Persona 4 Golden
Anachronox
Shadow Hearts: Covenant

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Tenasscity posted:

List then explanations:
No particular order.

1: Final Fantasy 6
2: Chrono Trigger
3: Star Control 2
4: Dark/Demon souls series
5: Planescape: Torment
6: Fallout: New Vegas
7: The Witcher Series
8: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past:
9: Super Mario RPG
10: Mass Effect Series.

Honorable mentions:
Final Fantasy Tactics
Earthbound
Ori and the Blind Forest.
Shut up and Jam Gaiden
The Banner Saga
Myth: The Fallen Lords 1-2 (does veterancy between missions count as RPG elements?)

I put series on this list due to the ability to draw you into the world, like a good book. The feeling once you finished the game would be reflection on the whole great experience, (or anger, int he case of mass effect)

1: Final Fantasy 6: I think you are going to see a lot of FF6 or 7. PErsonally I can't stand 7, the story is poo poo to me, while 6 reminds me of Star Wars quite a bit, Memorable villain, big underdog story, and huge tragedy in the middle that hit me so hard I stopped playing for a week. I have a lot of SNES games on here becasue thats when I was in my early teems, I think people who hit that age when PSX was out will have their list similarly focused.

2: Chrono Trigger: drat near perfect stand alone RPG. Coming of age story, great combat system, memorable characters, should be on everyone's list.

3: Star Control 2: If you haven't played this, go here http://sc2.sourceforge.net/ and do so. They made open world galaxy RPGs cool before they were cool. Everyone should play this once before they die. My only complaint was There is a bullshit time limit on the game you might not figure out if you are slow.

4: Dark/Demon souls series: What I love about this series of games is that, your created character is pretty much a blank slate, and the real character is the world itself. The story is rather weak, but that just adds to the mystery, and the oppressive sensation of a dying and decaying world.

5: Planescape: Torment: The opposite of #4 all the focus is on the playable characters. Extremely well written and though out. I had never had the ability to unlock stats by talking to my party members. The theme was great as well. Very well written an unique.

6: Fallout: New Vegas The first 2 Fallouts were slightly behind my time, and I couldn't get into them because of the old interfaces. But I've seen lets plays and enjoy the work none the less. Fallout 3 felt too linear, and like I was just a aprt of a bigger story. In New Vegas (and the DLC) the world really fells opened up. I love the fictional world, and its unique take on a post-apocalyptic setting. Extremely well conceived.

7: The Witcher Series: This game always struck me as the Deadwood of RPG's. Presenting a violent, brash, unapologetic representation of a westerl old fantasy world. Geralt feels like a bad rear end without feeling like some boring male power fantasy trope. The quality of the company he keeps and the writing the game has that allows you to explore the world and the consequences of your choices, plus I enjoy the 'flavor' of the game. We don't see enough old eastern world style to our western themed RPGs.

8: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past: The first game I ever bought with my own money was the orginal Zelda for the NES, and I played the poo poo out of it. When I beat it on the second quest when I was 9 had to of been the first time I felt like a actual "good at video games" type of person. LoZ:ALttP improved on that formula in every possible way. I bea this game many times and it felt like an adventure every time.

9: Super Mario RPG: I HATED the idea of this when I first heard about it. I had played Mario since SMB1 and didn't want to see the IP hosed around with. But Square was doing it, and I loved their other work in the SNES generation, so I gave it a chance. Not only is the game good for being true to the source material, but a lot of new ideas (like timing attacks) opened up a whole sub genre of Mario RPG games that are pretty much great. And this one started it all.

10: Mass Effect series: I know, the ending sucked, and ME 1 had lovely inventory and ammo systems, but most of the dozens of hours I put into this series was very enjoyable. I enjoyed devloping rapport with the characters. (Except Ashley, gently caress you.) Every time the game went form big galaxy exploration into "quest on the rails" mode I enjoyed it, I was invested in the characters and the world and really wanted to see what was going to happen next. Being able to keep that level of interest, along with hard choices you knew were going to matter in the long term kept me wanting more.

*splits pants*

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 7
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Vagrant Story
KOTOR 2
Persona 3
Morrowind
Atelier Escha and Logy

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

Lol. I hope you mean with all the mods that fix it, unless a spaceship exploding then magically coming back to life to swoop in and save the protagonist while everyone else is dead on a dead planet that was extremely poorly done and rushed, yet clearly intended to be epic and defining, is your idea of a good RPG or good storytelling

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
final fantasy xiiiv ii
final fantasy viivi i
final fantasy vixii vxi
final fantasy xcvxvcvvc
final fantasy cvvcvcxcx
final fants i
fan butts
butts fantasy xxv
senour butts henora wazoo 15 butts 15 butts 15 butss
final fantasy i

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

demons souls
dark souls
dark souls 2
bloodborne
kings field
kings field 2
kings field 3
kings field 4
shadow tower
shadow tower abyss

as you can see im more hardcore than your average gamer.....

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I will only allow myself a single game per franchise just to keep it flavorful.

Ultima 5
Phantasy Star 2
Knights of the Old Republic 2
Fallout 2
Legend of Grimrock
Ys Oath in Felghana
Wizardry Tale of the Forsaken Land
Space Crusade (gently caress you it's an RPG. A conversion of a boardgame SRPG but it still is one)
AdnD Curse of the Azure Bonds
Dragon Quest 5 (DS version)

Honorable mentions from other series not mentioned: Wasteland, Bards Tale, Dragon Wars, Four Crystals of Trazere, Final Fantasy Tactics, Might n Magic X, Shining the Holy Ark, Diablo, City of Heroes, Quest For Glory 1 VGA, Star Control 2, Etrian Odyssey 4, the DS or Wii Fire Emblem ( the one with the obviously lesbian thief), Pathway to Glory, Disgaea, Gladius, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Arc the Lad 2, Grandia 2.

And if we say gently caress 1 PER SERIES:

Ultima 5
Ultima 1
Fallout 2
Fallout New Vegas
Wizardry Tale of the Forsaken Land
Phantasy Star 2
Phantasy Star Online 1-2 (GameCube version)
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Pool of Radiance
Ys Oath in Felghana

So pick whichever top 10 you like more.

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

Captain Rufus posted:

Knights of the Old Republic 2

Seriously, what the gently caress?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Went with the broadest definition including action and strategy RPGs since others seemed to

Final Fantasy 6
Dark Souls
Persona 4
Baldur's Gate 2
Final Fantasy Tactics
Persona 2
Fallout
Chrono Trigger
Mass Effect 2
Nier

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nosl posted:

Lol. I hope you mean with all the mods that fix it, unless a spaceship exploding then magically coming back to life to swoop in and save the protagonist while everyone else is dead on a dead planet that was extremely poorly done and rushed, yet clearly intended to be epic and defining, is your idea of a good RPG or good storytelling

nosl posted:

i'm sorry, you're terminally infected with fail, and are also a giant baby

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

Endorph posted:

i'm sorry, you're terminally infected with fail, and are also a giant baby

Did you ever actually finish KOTOR II? Great RPG, good up until around 70% of the way through, when it abruptly jumps to the ending with no explanation and you just are left with a giant cocktease that built itself up to be so much more, but yet was forced to be released for Christmas.

The mods fix it, but I fail to see how people are listing KOTOR II but not the original.. but like I said it has to be embellished memories, or maybe I just need to replay KOTOR II.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

holy poo poo, we get it, the ending to KOTOR 2 was bad. the fact that these people put it on their top 10 list anyway probably means that they rated the other 70% very highly, enough to acknowledge but overlook that flaw. get over it, you gigantic manbaby.

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

Endorph posted:

the ending to KOTOR 2 was bad

You're right, it was.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

nosl posted:

You're right, it was.

Show me on the doll where the sith touched you

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

nosl posted:

I've noticed you have issues with this game to the point of getting mad at the fact many of us quite like the game for whatever reason.

The real wtf is why you care about people putting a game they quite liked in a list with 9 or more other games as if this enjoyment of thing hurts you on a level approaching GBS 2.0 when they find something they disagree with.

I know this will prove to be a shocking and complex thing but it is both ok that we like harmless consumer product and that you do not. Some people in the Ultima community love 7 whereas I think it's a tech demo with lovely combat, annoying NPC party members who beg to be fed every few minutes, and inventory management taken from Satan's spiky ballsack.

This is ok. The people who love U7 have as many reasons for loving it as I do in hating it. Sane and rational people can handle differences in opinions on a loving video game.

I'm sorry you had to be the target of this but it's nerd poo poo to pass the time doing something enjoyable and not a goddamned loving religion where one has to be some partisan fanatic fuckface in either liking or disliking THING because reasons.

Now if you had been like " Gee lots of people like KOTOR 2? I really hated it because of x,y, and z." Perhaps there could be an interesting discussion instead of everyone making fun of you for being a wanker.

I liked it because you started as a Jedi and thus didn't have to waste resources on being a normal. It had a much higher level cap allowing for that sweet sweet NUMBERS GO UP dealie in RPGs that makes my dumb brain happy. I could basically turn the whole gang into Jedi if I liked and could also poo poo talk jerks in between hanging out with a great group of interesting and likable characters. I don't even mind the ending being a bit cut for time. It felt lonely in a way like my character's journey was just getting started, and it would mostly be on her own.

I'm sorry you weren't a fan. This is ok. Lots of people worship FF6 like it's the bestest thing ever whereas I merely think it's pretty decent and honestly prefer the SNES FF everyone bashes over it because Mystic Quest is light, breezy, and has a lot less grinding and random encounters alongside some fun if simplistic puzzles I enjoyed completing.

It takes all sorts. poo poo, even when and how one played a game can affect what it means to you. For a generation of kids FF7 was really their first hit and is all but sacred to them. To me it was just a good for the time game I played in between whatever I played in the summer and Ultima Online's official launch. I liked Kings Field a lot better though it's one that is harder to go back to now outside of giggling at its near Roguelike ability to Gygax the gently caress out of you, albeit at like 15 fps..

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

Captain Rufus posted:

I liked it because you started as a Jedi and thus didn't have to waste resources on being a normal. It had a much higher level cap allowing for that sweet sweet NUMBERS GO UP dealie in RPGs that makes my dumb brain happy. I could basically turn the whole gang into Jedi if I liked and could also poo poo talk jerks in between hanging out with a great group of interesting and likable characters.

Building your saber was also cool, instead of just 'building,' it with nothing. The game was more thought out, for sure. While I didn't make everyone a Jedi, I liked that I could, however some just sucked at the role more than others even though I liked their character concept a lot, and they deserved to have more of a statistical cap (Atton).

To each their own, I basically was waiting for a post like this and am not upset in the slightest at people being butthurt at me being butthurt. Carry on

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

nosl posted:

The mods fix it, but I fail to see how people are listing KOTOR II but not the original
At least for me, KOTOR I was kind of bland, very obviously a DnD3e reskin, and suffered even more than KOTOR II from being piss easy most of the time, with gigantic difficulty spikes.

I didn't really like KOTOR as a series, because it was a less confident RPG than Baldur's Gate 2:SoA, and fishing loot out of space-barrels was always kind of comedic to me (ME1 also suffers from this in a big way), but KOTOR II at least had some pretty strong characterisation.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

nosl posted:

Did you ever actually finish KOTOR II? Great RPG, good up until around 70% of the way through, when it abruptly jumps to the ending with no explanation and you just are left with a giant cocktease that built itself up to be so much more, but yet was forced to be released for Christmas.

The mods fix it, but I fail to see how people are listing KOTOR II but not the original.. but like I said it has to be embellished memories, or maybe I just need to replay KOTOR II.

*splits pants*

Rad Shadow
Sep 30, 2009
http://www.sporcle.com/games/RadShadow/the-most-favorite-rpgs

Here's the top 92 games from my collective findings.

See where your games rank.

If they made the top 92 that is....

There was over 440 RPGs submitted, but I only made this quiz to represent the ones that got at least 50 votes.

Let me know if you see anything egregiously wrong with the quiz.

Hope you enjoy it!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Could you also just post an actual list instead of a random quiz

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?
In order of goodness:

1) Final Fantasy Tactics
1) Super Mario RPG
1) Dark Souls
4) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
5) Final Fantasy IX
6) Final Fantasy VI
7) Ogre Battle 64
8) Bloodborne
9) Whatever the best Pokemon game is (X/Y?)
10) The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
In no order. It's too hard to assign a numerical value to these.

Final Fantasy 6
Chrono Trigger
Star Ocean 2
Breath of Fire 3
Oblivion
Persona 4
Wild Arms
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Dragon Quest 8
Kings Field 2 (US)

Stuck to one per series, which keeps FF8 out.

Rad Shadow
Sep 30, 2009

Endorph posted:

Could you also just post an actual list instead of a random quiz

but the quiz is the list...just look for the games you had in yer top ten. Guess the rest if you want to for a little fun. If not...end the quiz and the rest of the games will show up.

Also, I'm done taking peoples lists. That part of this project is done with.

Next I will do a little write up on the top 25.

I had over 350 people submit lists.

Over 440 RPGs altogether.

Quite a lot of data collected!

Rad Shadow fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 4, 2015

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Not a single Might and Magic title, count me disgusted.

..Or an idiot who can't figure out how to type in titles with this thing.

E:

You also misspelled "Pokémon", don't make it harder than it already is! :(

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 4, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Observations on a gay list

1) There isn't a single Ultima or Wizardry game, in addition to Might & Magic, so oldschool PC RPGs got poo poo on hard

2) Suikoden 3 beat Suikoden 5 by a single point

3) Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 both got exactly 98 points

4) Barkley SU&JG made the list in a two-way tie for dead last!!!

5) The canonical order of Final Fantasies is now: 6 > Tactics > 7 > 10 > 9 > 4 > 5 > 12 > 8. The NES games, MMOs, Lightning Saga, and Tactics Advance didn't even rate.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

Zombies' Downfall posted:

5) The canonical order of Final Fantasies is now: 6 > Tactics > 7 > 10 > 9 > 4 > 5 > 12 > 8. The NES games, MMOs, Lightning Saga, and Tactics Advance didn't even rate.

Seems right

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

Rad Shadow posted:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/RadShadow/the-most-favorite-rpgs

Here's the top 92 games from my collective findings.

See where your games rank.

If they made the top 92 that is....

There was over 440 RPGs submitted, but I only made this quiz to represent the ones that got at least 50 votes.

Let me know if you see anything egregiously wrong with the quiz.

Hope you enjoy it!

A very solid list, IMO

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Hmm, Warcraft 3

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rad Shadow posted:

but the quiz is the list...just look for the games you had in yer top ten. Guess the rest if you want to for a little fun. If not...end the quiz and the rest of the games will show up.

Also, I'm done taking peoples lists. That part of this project is done with.

Next I will do a little write up on the top 25.

I had over 350 people submit lists.

Over 440 RPGs altogether.

Quite a lot of data collected!

The survey is an interesting idea, but making a quiz out of it is stupid. I can't even get it to work, probably without making an account or logging in via social media. Are you trying to generate hits or something?

I'm genuinely interested to see if there is anything on my personal top 10 that no one else said anywhere on the list, simply because I have played more extremely obscure RPGs than any other person i've ever met, but not if I can't just access the list without loging in to something.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Here's the list for everyone:

Position Votes# Title
code:
1.  879	Chrono Trigger
2.  776	Final Fantasy VI
3.  489	Persona 4
4.  480	Final Fantasy Tactics
5.  442	Suikoden 2
6.  435	Final Fantasy VII
7.  345	Final Fantasy X
8.  325	Baldur's Gate 2
9.  312	Planescape: Torment
10. 310	Mass Effect 2
11. 298	Xenogears
12. 296	Persona 3
13. 293	Skyrim
14. 283	Pokemon
15. 265	Final Fantasy IX
15. 265	Dark Souls
17. 254	Super Mario RPG
18. 250	Xenoblade Chronicles
19. 242	Final Fantasy IV
20. 238	Morrowind
21. 227	Earthbound
22. 224	Fallout: New Vegas
23. 220	Knights of the Old Republic
24. 198	Fallout 3
25. 178	Shadow Hearts 2
26. 174	Nocturne
27. 163	Suikoden
28. 159	Fallout 2
29. 157	Dragon Age Origins
30. 156	Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines
31. 153	Mass Effect
32. 152	Skies of Arcadia
32. 152	Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
34. 151	Deus Ex
35. 146	Phantasy Star 4
36. 143	Star Ocean 2
37. 141	Secret of Mana
38. 140	Diablo 2
39. 130	Final Fantasy V
40. 123	Valkyrie Profile
41. 121	Suikoden 3
42. 120	Suikoden 5
43. 117	Tales of the Abyss
44. 115	The World Ends With You
45. 113	Tales of Symphonia
46. 111	Dragon Quest 8
47. 109	Final Fantasy XII
48. 108	Witcher 3
49. 107	Chrono Cross
50. 104	Fire Emblem
51. 99	Breath of Fire 3
52. 98	Fallout
52. 98	Kingdom Hearts
52. 98	Kingdom Hearts 2
55. 97	Witcher 2
56. 95	Final Fantasy VIII
57. 89	Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
58. 83	Dragon Quest V
59. 82	Tales of Vesperia
60. 80	Demon's Souls
60. 80	Shining Force 2
62. 77	Alpha Protocol
62. 77	Lunar: Eternal Blue
64. 76	A Link to the Past
65. 74	Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
66. 72	Golden Sun: Lost Age
67. 70	Fire Emblem: Awakening
68. 69	Golden Sun
68. 69	Bravely Default
70. 68	Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
71. 67	Oblivion
71. 67	Deus Ex: Human Revolution
73. 64	Radiant Historia
73. 64	KOTOR2
75. 63	Never Winter Nights 2
76. 62	The Legend of Dragoon
77. 61	Arcanum
77. 61	World of Warcraft
79. 60	Lufia 2
80. 59	Wild ARMs
80. 59	Vagrant Story
80. 59	Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
83. 56	Symphony of the Night
83. 56	Nier
85. 54	Breath of Fire 4
86. 53	Mother 3
86. 53	Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
88. 52	Shining Force
88. 52	Seiken Densetsu 3
90. 51	Valkyria Chronicles
91. 50	Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
91. 50	Xenosaga 3
The first 6 games are separated from the rest of them. Apparently, Chrono Trigger, FF6 & 7, Persona 4 and Suidoken 2(?) are far and away the most favorite.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Zombies' Downfall posted:

1) There isn't a single Ultima or Wizardry game, in addition to Might & Magic, so oldschool PC RPGs got poo poo on hard

Holy crap, that's hilarious.

E:

Do people really like those "I hit, you hit, I miss three times and die"-JRPGs so much?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

This Jacket Is Me posted:

Here's the list for everyone:

The first 6 games are separated from the rest of them. Apparently, Chrono Trigger, FF6 & 7, Persona 4 and Suidoken 2(?) are far and away the most favorite.

That's better.

Interesting list, because it's undeniably WESTERN biased by a long shot, yet there are no oldschool western RPGs like your Ultimas, King's Quest, Quest for Glories, etc. anywhere near the top. Also, I found it weird that Dragon Quest V and not III or IV was near the top. Seems to me the problem with your results is a weird generation gap.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
I played the first King's Quest, several Space Quests, LSL, DotT, etc. and frankly I wouldn't rank any of them in my top 10, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Fallout 3
Final Fantasy 7
Super Mario RPG
Front Mission 3
Secret of Mana
Vanguard Bandits
Breath Of Fire:Dragon Quarter
Earthbound
Kings Field in general
Skies of Arcadia Legend

I have played quite a few RPGs and while I haven't finished all of them on my list, they are the ones that I would jump to buy if they were ever rereleased without a second thought.

• Locked thread