Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I was a big fan of Gal Civ II and I was looking forward to this but it sounds like it's basically the same stuff with a new can of paint which is a real shame as II had plenty of cool ideas and AI but had quite a few issues that could've been easily solved in a sequel. I'll probably pick it up when the price falls and it goes on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
In the beginning I like to go for some engine and industry techs to help the initial round of colonizing and building starbases. Tech that improve research and economy is then my second priority. Grabbing the universal translator is also an easy early choice. I put off military tech as it's usually quite a while before warfare becomes an issue.

And yeah, the default ships automatically incorporate new upgrades.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Yeah, I'm just watching the showcase for the Fulgar but those are hella cool and creative. It really shows how powerful the shipbuilder is in GCIII (if only the rest of the game was quite as nice).

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
The problem with GC3 is that it's like the most unambitious game ever because it's almost entirely just a graphical update of GC2 (and hexes I guess but that doesn't really matter because it's space). If they at least took the base of GC2 and resolved the myriad of issues which make it boring and monotonous (I was straight-up shocked that starbase management is just as lovely as it was before) then we could have had at least a competent space 4X but instead we got this.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Oh yeah, being an interstellar arms dealer was always great fun in GCII. It was also cool to use the feature to help weakened civs fight against another superpower like a space proxy war.

• Locked thread