Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I loved GalCiv 2 as well and honestly I like all the improvements in 3. My favorite part of the game is making my own race, and 3 is really great about that. I'm mostly hoping Workshop support adds some nice custom pictures and videos and stuff for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Make sure to use the govern planet screen on all your planets, and to specialize them for different things. You can get a manufacturing capital together with a durantium refinery in a factory hub (7 hexes together in a clump on a planet) and get production into the 200s. Then just set the military/social slider to 100% military, and congratulations you can poo poo out frigates one per turn.

This also works with research, commerce, and even influence/tourism. Specializing your planets is far more powerful than generalizing them, and combined with smart usage of planet types (low gravity, tidally locked, shielded, etc.) you can churn things out very quickly.

Also don't bother with farms or hospitals unless you have one or two spare spots on a planet.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Panzeh posted:

In some cases, it's better to build a hospital and farm(replace the hospital with a second farm with pop at max) once you have a critical mass of factories, depending on how the planet is laid out.

This is true, especially if you're churning out transports and colony ships from that planet. I just wouldn't make them anywhere near a priority like factories or research labs.

• Locked thread