Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
The game becomes unstable/laggy when I load a previously saved game, but not when I'm playing a new game. :( Makes playing big long games kinda lame.

Overall it's been GC2 with some streamlining and a couple new refinements, which I'm kinda ok with because I really loved GC2 despite it's flaws. I'm hoping that with some expansions and workshop support GC3 will blossom into something new and exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Dirk the Average posted:

Sword of the Stars 1 is a decent space game with some unique mechanics, like how each race moves through space differently. It's worth reading about and maybe picking up.

Sword of the Stars 2 is an unplayable, buggy mess that took the worst micromanagement bits of Sword of the Stars and made them central gameplay mechanics that require even more micromanagement. Its only saving grace is that it has a pretty battle system. Avoid the game like the plague. Free is too much to pay for it.

SotS2 was such a huge let down.Awhile back I found SotS1 and played it, thought "this is really great but could use a modern update" and then found out that a sequel was like a month away. I read all about the new game and got super excited about it. Then it came out and it was so terrible I almost cried.

There were some really cool components, like the differing movement systems, the way armor worked on your ships, and the randomized tech trees, but the rest of the game was unplayable.

• Locked thread