Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wilks Checkov
May 20, 2015

Member: Dual Universe Explorers

Alpha Participant in Dual Universe

Founder & CEO of the corporation: Allied Corporate States in Dual Universe
Already have over 80 hours into the game, purchased a week ago today, wonderful game, really really fun to play on the harder difficulty levels, makes you think every strategy, every plot out. Only downside is that its x64 which limits the users that have the older computers, but I can see why they did it, playing on one of the immense worlds with 24 custom factions can be challenging enough on a x64-bit architecture, let alone a x32. This game is very ram intensive, meaning if you want to play a huge or immense world you better have at least 8GB to 16GB of ram. The latter being the better of course as when you get further and further into the game the more you have to hold in memory.

Other than that I love the game, and still would give it a 5/5 for anyone interested in trying it, especially if you like building empires, blowing up ships, stealing stations, or using massive doomsday beam weapons on your enemies, just make sure your computer is x64 before you purchase it, otherwise you will end up kicking yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilks Checkov
May 20, 2015

Member: Dual Universe Explorers

Alpha Participant in Dual Universe

Founder & CEO of the corporation: Allied Corporate States in Dual Universe

Panzeh posted:

If I were a modding man I think instead of buildings making the same building better when adjacent, i'd make them work better with a different building. There's already so many things toward hyperspecialization in planet development, and the AI doesn't understand how important it is so you outpace it every time.

Ya, I have noticed that every time I have invaded a world. It does kind of take the fun away when your enemy does not have the means to put up a proper fight. I would love it if they had enabled them to specialize. It would make the game so far more challenging.

• Locked thread