Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Redistribution of wealth sounds like a knife in the back to good governance. What are the other kinds of stuff the UN makes votes for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Panzeh posted:

If you want to know a pro-tip for scouting take a cargo ship and put nothing but sensors on it then rush it- you will see about 24 hexes out.

Honestly the fact that the stacking of so many things didn't get caught in playtesting is absurd, but then people like making 4x games without taking the time to put a design in the oven.
It was the same thing in Gal Civ 2. Kamikaze troop transports with all the engines you can fit, zooming across the galaxy from behind the lines. Having those same transports use the planet busting options that permanently harm the planet if they actually succeeded in taking it, unless you have a tiny army that exists to weaken the defenders. Abusing the first combat round to whittle down superior ships.
Working as intended.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Michaellaneous posted:

Also is it just me or are GC2 and 3 pretty much the same without anything new?
Literally the only reason why GC3 is coming out is because they couldn't add more stuff to GC2, due to the 2GB memory limit.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I wished they fixed that bug years ago. I couldn't finish the first campaign because some shithole planet has negative chance of winning.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

It's been a little over 4 months since Galciv3 was "released".
Whats the current take on it? Any expansions scheduled etc?
Maybe three or four.

• Locked thread