Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Chris Kluwe knows about Helldump because he's been on TV and everything defending the honor of a literally crazy woman game developer who used to post in Helldump. I say she is crazy because she did the following:
1) Implanted a RFID chip in her arm that broadcast promotional codes for some FPS
2) Posted in Helldump
3) Dyes her hair the sort of colors that only occur in proximity to nuclear waste or the 1980s
4) Was a Suicide Girl
5) Is a game developer
6) Dated an insane man who wrote a huge whiny E/N post about her and spammed it everywhere, and when a bunch of sites flushed it from their forums it started GamerGate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Also the phrase "game developer" really should be put in quotes because she basically made the equivalent of those old HTML-based "choose your own adventure" games with a build-your-own-game program and got a bunch of people to praise it because everyone involving in game journalism is literally insane.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mel Mudkiper posted:

SEXMAN, no one cares dog. I know GBS has this whole weird festishitic desire to dig into the truth about these sjw gamer people but dog it's the football forum and no one gives even the slightest poo poo.

Man, I'm just explaining why Kluwe is babbling about Helldump. I think it's amusing what a convoluted chain of circumstances has led to disgraced punter Chris Kluwe yelling in his usual manner about a long-dead subforum of Something Awful Dot Com.

I'm ashamed I know all that dumb poo poo TBQH.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NC-17 posted:

There are alarms and klaxons going off in a lot of basements right now.

The only proper response to GamerGate is to laugh at how seriously pathetic the people on both sides are and how stupid the whole thing is. I mean if you don't find the fact that someone implanted a RFID chip in their arm to help market a game funny, well I just don't get it and that's literally all I have to say on the matter.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Parmesan Basil posted:

"But I don't care about this stuff"

I didn't say I didn't care about it, I said I found it funny.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

seiferguy posted:

can anyone tell me what the image is referencing in the op because i have no idea what kluwe is talking about here

is this post real life?

Chris Kluwe does care deeply about GamerGate and has gone on television to yell about it. The Helldump connection is that Zoe Quinn, who was the subject of the insane E/N manifesto by a crazy man that was ground zero for GamerGate, is a goon. A goon who posted in Helldump and talked about it on Twitter. She's also nuts in the head.

I remember this because I am a shameful, broken person with no job and too much spare time on my hands.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 22, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

football fuckerman posted:

Boniface writes for Gawker now but if you look closely at his Twitter posts you will say to yourself "this guy sent dozens of something awful pms about garbage day votes"

I still have one of those PMs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Parmesan Basil posted:

To post in GBS repeatedly you must have a mental illness or two.

Don't sell this forum short.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Boniface contacted me on AIM when I chose someone besides the official Helldump candidate for Garbage Day once

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Parmesan Basil posted:

Don't you have a thread full of slurs to post in?

I haven't been following your Alex Smith thread, so no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I want to hit Chris Kluwe on the knee with a hammer

• Locked thread