Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I googled Kluwe's post on Gamergate and it isn't terrible to me. https://medium.com/the-cauldron/why-gamergaters-piss-me-the-f-off-a7e4c7f6d8a6. There are of course the unnecessary slurs he probably thinks are incredibly witty:

quote:

slackjawed pickletits
hemorrhoidal gunt stains
I hope you all, every #Gamergater, picks up a debilitating case of genital warts.
But then I somehow clicked to this article: https://medium.com/the-cauldron/the-nfls-nothingness-is-its-greatest-entertainment-cd04b969b43f. Which makes the cool point an NFL broadcast is 8% actual gameplay but then tries to defend "players standing around" and "commercials" with ridiculous claims like:

quote:

Plus, standing around is what sports fans want. Baseball, America’s original pastime, features “action” during just 10.9% of its games. The NFL shaved another two percent off, and blew baseball out of the water. Less action > More action. This is incontrovertible.
Which forced me to reexamine my judgement and anything posted on medium.com. After rereading that several times I still can't tell if the author is being consciously sarcastic or really believes "every time a commercial airs, FREEDOM wins".

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

This is a really bad game of Mafia

• Locked thread