Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

maybe i'm gonna share a controversial opinion here, but i think that maybe a family that doesn't know when to stop having kids, to the determent of everyone, who also puts much of their family life in the public spotlight, even more a detriment, might be a bit dysfunctional, maybe crazy and unbalanced. That mother has crazy eyes, and not the sexy kind but the "take her kids away and the kids of her kids" kind of way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Vicodiva posted:

Given that the Duggar's philosophy of teaching toddlers involves "Blanket Training" to teach "self control"... Josh Duggar is 100% accountable at 14

Blanket training is a type of corporal punishment used to discipline infants and toddlers. Proponents believe that blanket training trains very young children to stay on a blanket.

Blanket training is a method adapted from the methods encouraged in To Train Up a Child

To blanket train a child, a caretaker places the infant or toddler on a blanket and inflicts pain on the child when he or she attempts to leave the blanket. Proponents of blanket training believe that eventually the child will stay on the blanket without adult intervention or enforcement because the child has come to associate leaving the blanket with pain.

I think it's really cool some parents do to their kids what I would hesitate to do to a dog or some other lesser creature.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

looooll their tactic worked 100%
child rape is now legal if you are a christian and can keep it under wraps till your 18th

we probably shouldn't be treating children like fully capable adults. that said, every duggar should die. we canstart with the rape man if it makes you happy, but they all must die.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

Ah. So, jim bob and michelle can treat their kids like mini-parents for the younger children (a 100% proven and documented phenomenon) and they're treated like adults then. But if they molest their sibling, they're supposed to be treated like a kid until they're nearly 30 with four children, at which time they should be treated like an adult who did something as a kid and should be treated as such. But if the girls were to go out and meet a guy and want to have _consensual_ sex they're just a little innocent kid and can't make those decision. But when they're forgiving their brother for molesting them, they're acting like an adult.

I'm actually okay with following the law on this one, where you're generally accountable for things at 18.

Older kids raising younger kids in large families is something that happens. My mother raised her two youngest brothers and that was just her and four other kids. And yes, taking care of the needs of children is something you're capable of before you're a fully grown adult. Not that you should have to, but feeding, changing, putting them to bed, helping the older ones with tutoring. Did you never babysit for family members?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

blanket training seems like some kind of hosed up Skinner experiment or something

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Commie NedFlanders posted:

not happy about all of the negative press christianity is getting

I asked Jesus for answers and I think he's pissed off because the words "leave me out of this" appeared on my forehead, carved from my flesh and bone.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

deadwing posted:

lmao he resigned from the family research council because he was researching his family

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

if anybody ever says "spare the rod" you can basically guarantee a CPS report will yield results if the family isn't politically protected like this cult.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i had a dream about these people.

i went to a swanky restaraunt and passed out, and woke up on the duggar's couch. I gunned the parents down and left. they had an old man in shackles who couldn't understand or process time slaughtering cows to make veal but he had been tricked into thinking he was helping them exercise.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

A few years ago when myspace was a thing I ran into a distant cousin who still shared my last name. She was searching for distant relatives and after consulting my grandfather she was indeed the grand daughter of a great aunt. The hosed up thing was she still had the same loving facial features of everyone in my immediate family.

So going with that experience, I think if you can trace your lineage to a living common ancestor you should NOT try gently caress them, imo.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Fattest PI posted:

Are you saying you hosed her

like, the opposite. Blood runs really deep, i don't understand any degree of cousin loving.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It's gonna really, really suck for everyone who is raping boys and girls and siblings and all that poo poo in the name of God, when they actually get to the afterlife.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

one day the duggar compound will go dark and an enterprising young pentecostal preacher who is losing his faith will wander in there with a camera to minister to one of his daughters who is having what he suspects is a rape-induced fit of psychosis and as the days go by it's slowly revealed much more is going on, and the pastor disappears. Some months later his camera is found and it shows her being truly possessed and being sacrificed on a flaming pyre with the rest of the duggars chanting "jim bob. the blood. jim bob the life. jim bob. jim bob. jim bob. jim bob." as the girl screams and Michelle duggar gives birth to a malformed yet living and sentient baby.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Alternative ending: Jim Bob gives birth to the baby out his rear end, squatting and grunting while his daughters lick it clean

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

RaceBannon posted:

How is that good?

There are a bunch of people who are too narcissistic to hate themselves so they turn all the contempt they should have for themselves onto the entire human race, and internalize it as a decision not to breed. Which, fine, they would have been horrible parents anyway.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

so the men are simultaneously god kings and fragile children who need strict boundries

The thing is that's pretty par for the course in God kings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

christians so obsessed w purity they've utterly destroyed any path that could be reconciled towards it for everyone involved.

• Locked thread