Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Phoon posted:

this guy looks more serial killer than repressed gay dude imo
he looks like the dog torturing romneyhuckabee imo

XMNN fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Darth123123 posted:

Why would he post this? What's the upside of 'supporting' a dysfunctional family? I mean he wrote ALOT of words, and could've said "Sorry to hear about the Duggar situation. Deeply sadned." or some poo poo.
because he has his own weirdo son that tortured a dog but its ok now because theyre christian

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

FreudianSlippers posted:

unless you're running some sort of eugenics breeding program and/or pedophile fertility cult.
what else are you going to do for fun in the south

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Occasionally, Discovery brings in ‘talent’ to the first floor conference room at HQ for Q&A sessions, panel discussions and in general to let staff crawl out of their cubes for a few minutes to experience the exhilaration of being in the presence of a basic cable celebrity. (Sometimes, these are fun - Oprah, the Discovery cycling team before we started hating Lance, but mostly the events are just annoying...e.g. Jon&Kate/Honeybooboo). After the Duggars appearance, there were tables set up outside the room that no one was allowed to touch. On the tables were five giant, Costco-sized tubs of Vlasic Pickles. Apparently, the Duggar kids found them comforting and they were required to serve pickles after every event. So..yeah. Not super scandalous - but super weirdo! And..that’s my Duggar tale. You’re welcome.

lol

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i dont think so they're definitely eating them

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
better than christians though, maybe slightly less inclined to touching children

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
im gonna leave em with huckabee and jim bob obv because the atheist might teach them about communism and homosexuality

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Boo This Man posted:

Normal people still believe in god?
I dont believe you

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
walder frey doesn't look like am older fatter version of that christian intern off of 30 rock

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

McStabby posted:

Jim Bob doesn't believe in physical contact before marriage, but afterwards, hump away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjRiQw9KLw
that guy definitely touches his kids

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
how long after duggarstan gains its independence from the great state of arkansas until they start chopping off hands and stoning unchaste women

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Pillowpants posted:

I'm hoping for Sister Wives so my wife can stop watching it
lol i just looked this up and now i cant stop reading wikipedia articles about all the hosed up mormon sects hiding out in the deserts

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
nero had the right idea about christians imho

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
whats wrong with that mans face

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if they really cared about freaky religious modesty theyd be wearing headscarves like nuns the slavs or muslims

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
heathen

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
do the duggars drink alcohol?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

No. Michelle Duggar campaigned against convenience stores being able to sell beer and wine near her house a few years ago.
more hosed up than the sister touching imho

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i just dont understand how you could be so tribalised about anything that youd go to bat for people covering up child abuse just because theyre on your team

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
how many times do you reckon theyve accidentally reenacted this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjxTOikO6qg

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if he touched his 5 year old sister when they werent teaching their kids about sex or letting them on the internet imagine how hosed up he could be if he'd been raised like a heathen

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
no not really

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
its hilarious the amount of projection when they expect you to defend someone who sexually abused a child because you share similar political beliefs

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i never got what the nike thing is. is that what they say to smother arousal?
if they go out in public and a woman is wearing something that reveals her ankles the girls will say the nike so josh and jim bob can avert their eyes before theyre compelled to touch them inappropriately

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
jim

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Geoj posted:

FWIW there really isn't any defending child rape (especially when you have years of being on the record stating rapists should all be executed), and "but both sides do it" is really the only card the right has to play anymore.
theres not any outright defence of touching kids theres a lot of dissembling of the it was over clothes (except when it wasnt) when they were asleep (except when they werent) and he very sorry and didnt do it again (except when he did) type

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i just hope the younger gayer children are able to flee the compound before the standoff with the fbi

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I think the only new testament teaching theyre into is that everyone should be nice to you about bad things youve done because youve made it right with god

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Casimir Radon posted:

Somebody make a joke about a rape-proof Groverhaus.
load-blocking drywall?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i wish harm only on the parents

and maybe the adult sons but how much can you really blame someone if theyve been brainwashed by a cult from birth

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
josh has 4 kids already i reckon he could easily clear 20

if none of the kids let the side down that could be 400+ duggars in the next generation

how do you keep track of that many cousins

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i dont think thats the n word he would be shouting

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i bet they ate her

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i feel bad for the family because like 90% of them had no choice about being raised in a clan of incestuous fundamentalist arkansas hill people

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
kill them all and let god sort it out imho

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i dont know about betting odds whats the one that means definitely it definitely happened

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Stop right here.

I think a whole lot of what I'm seeing is people lining up to condemn the Duggars and also other Christians for being sanctimonious hypocrites. I think people are getting satisfaction from someone who claims to have found the truth having just as ugly problems as the rest of us.

Now I understand that many people have had the unfortunate experience of people claiming to use Christianity or Christian values as an exterior to justify at attitude of judging others.

I grew up in the south and unfortunately there's an ugly history of people wrapping up hate in a pretty package. With all of that in mind, I can see how people might think "oh well these people believe they are better than us so it's good to see them suffer in their problems". Here's the thing though, it should be clear to anyone with a passing understanding of Christianity to see that if someone is authentically trying to live a Christian life, they are absolutely not the target of your frustrations.

Christianity is about humility, it's about forgiveness, it's about acknowledging first and foremost that I am a sinner, I messed up, I'm unclean and accepting that and knowing that I have no place to cast judgement on others. It's about the togetherness we find in being alone, unworthy, hell even unlovable in the infinite judgement of God yet still loved and by redemption through Christ we find a way to aim for something better.

I think this whole debacle goes to show that no matter how picture perfect your family seems, everyone has sin, everyone messes up, every single one of us stepped in poo poo. Christians are not above that and there is no Christian justification for behaving as if one is holier than thou.

There seems to be so much of other people projecting intentions and stuff onto this family. I think they have all shown shame, humility,and repentance and I don't think anyone is trying to downplay the significance of this.

It's just not helpful in anyway to anyone (especially the poor girls) to make this into a media spectacle and tear the family to pieces as a way to take a jab at Christianity
lol

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
:ssh: michelle had an ad campaign about transwomen raping YOUR DAUGHTERS if theyre allowed in womens toilets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol ethical life

• Locked thread