Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Every time I hear anything at all about these freaks I just think "Man I can't wait until one of them escapes and writes a book about everything that happened there.".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

"Can I have you both!?" - Josh Duggar to his sisters.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Wulfolme posted:

wow

wow

"He only put his pee-pee in your pooper, and even then just because you let yourself become a tool of Satan. It was only something touching your body. The power this will give your undying spirit will be an incredible gift from God. Give you body over to him and you may find forgiveness for your sins that led to your brother raping you in the butt. Your older brother raped you in the butt because God loves you. It is God's eternal plan that your older brother rape you in the butt because he loves you and He loves you."

WOW.

Is this actually quoted from the police report or something. Please tell me this is not an actual thing.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Broenheim posted:

has anyone asked about the kids who were actually abused and how they feel about this? i mean, i know they're just gonna say that they forgive their brother and everything, but nobody seems to give a poo poo about the people who were actually hurt in this. people just want the good christian to stay nice and happy because what they did wasnt wrong cause God forgave them. never mind that people may have actually been hurt and may still be hurting with real issues. just save that stupid kid's face.

god i cant wait to see what other poo poo comes out from this family. you know its just going to get more and more hosed from here on out

According to the various whackos and yahoos saying that serial raping your own sisters is just a little oopsie daisy that all teens run into, the family (read: victims) "has put this behind them". So basically it's just another thing those girls are screaming on the inside about.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Confounding Factor posted:

Yes I think the Duggars are weird, creepy, tacky and kitschy. I just find progressive sanctimony on this issue particularly nauseating. The same reason I don't like the Roman Catholics much but find the leftist obsession with priestly abuse (as opposed to say, sexual abuse in the entertainment industry) vomit-inducing.

Fingering six year olds is bad. Fingering four of your own sisters who are under the age of ten is even worse. I'm not really sure what's sanctimonious about being upset or disgusted here.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Confounding Factor posted:

Of course its bad, and the Duggar kid should have known better (he was 14).

The issue is its less about what was actually done than who was doing it, hence the outcry. Yes I get it, Christians are held to a higher standard regarding their actions in virtue of their faith but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be just as harsh on others who are not Christian that engage in it.

I just want consistency from the media, but I know not to expect that of course.

If it suddenly came out that a bunch of outspoken left wing celebrities were diddlers and part of some kind of creepy circle of diddlers who all covered up each other's poo poo I'd be exactly as disgusted. The problem is that this is a "who smelt it dealt it thing". The people who yell loudest about morality are usually the ones with something to hide.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

Why does TLC push little people so hard? They're not automatically interesting because of their stature. Seems really exploitative to me.

You answered your own question.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

AKA Pseudonym posted:

If I understand this correctly one of his siblings was going to chaperone him to a movie screening but it was an R-Rated movie and somebody else had to chaperone him. So in this clip he must be both over 18 and being chaperoned by somebody younger. That's not as weird as underage incest, but still pretty weird.

They basically just needed someone to tell on him in case he started jerking off in the movie theater.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know that after having read 34 pages of this that I should stop being surprised at exactly how loving nuts these people are, but nope every time someone posts a new thing about poo poo they do or say I'm just like :wtc:.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The jokes just write themselves.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Affe mk2 posted:

how are advertisers pulling out of a show that isn't airing anymore?

Walgreen's isn't the only one who should have pulled out.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

If these people had their way we would have Morality Police roaming around making sure women weren't driving, nobody was being gay or having the wrong kind of sex or drinking alcohol

The term you're looking for is "American Taliban".

Casimir Radon posted:

You jest but this is secretly what they want, it's just couched in language about the constitution and whatnot. Fundies can't stop babbling about Iran but their vision for the future is really worse than what Iran has, and is really more in line with our best ally forever Saudi Arabia.

What do you mean by "secretly"?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Eonwe posted:

so are any of the duggar children normal with a chance of escaping being a baby factory or pedophile

Supposedly the oldest daughter is trying to get out but the only news of this comes from unsubstantiated reports. But I desperately hope at least one of them makes it out.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

i spent fifteen years living five miles from the duggars, have no children, and it still took me blowing up 4 years of 401k savings and taking a huge financial hit to get out. None of these kids have any assets, skills or real education. The boys are hinging on some nepotist dad-owns-a-dealership-so-now-I-own-one-too job, and the young ladies just wanna find another one of those guys because they cannot fathom living past age 22 as a woman that has not become a housewife

Escaping their family would essentially be the same as fleeing a cult. They would basically have to wander out into the world disconnected from everyone and everything they've ever known while being completely penniless. I can't imagine doing that without a support network.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

19 kid fuckings and counting!!!!!!!!!!!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Tricky D posted:

I see. They're a bunch of welfare queens.

No they're not. The lord has provided.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

if you really want to pull this sweater string long enough to uproot its filthy little tendrils across the whole of arkansas politics, i will place any number of wagers and/or toxxing on there being at least one dead girl and dozens of other terrified, living victims. maybe not from the duggars themselves, but from the shitbags they lock arms with

i'm pretty numb to it all because i was around it from 1993 to 2014, but i still know its there and hosed up and INSANE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyu_MdKBXic

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Every time you see a picture of a smiling Duggar girl cover all of her face except the eyes. Pure loving misery there. It's really spooky.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It turns out that lots of people are already trashing his pro-molester stance. What ever intern on his staff that is responsible for deleting the negative comments really has their work cut out for them.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

No conversation about Huckabee can go without mentioning ol dog torturer Dave Huckabee

Why is it that creepy rear end deviants always look like creepy rear end deviants?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

"I'm not racist, I have a black friend!"

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Those are some ugly children.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

The sheer asymmetry of that face is disturbing.

And yes, it is a sign of inbreeding.

His face looks like someone did that thing with the newspaper and silly putty and then they stretched one side of the image a little bit. All their family photos look like derp face galleries.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It's quite telling that the women in these illustrations have no faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Obligatory Toast posted:

Yes. They don't care, they'll cherry pick anything as long as it'll suit their bullshit.

Don't tell them that the bible was written by multiple people throughout time and even the gospels between the apostles contradict one another.

What's really fun is there are websites where you can look up bible passages and it includes all the different English language translations and half of them vary wildly from one another so you can have three sentences that all mean something mildly or completely different depending on which bible you have. Now imagine that game happening over a number of centuries from one language to the next (some of which aren't even spoken anymore). At this point it's all pretty much meaningless and devoid of any of its original context.

The only thing you really need to take away from the bible is "Don't be a dick." That's really all Jesus was on about, but it just gets lost in a sea of whacky rituals and petty squabbles among different sects.

• Locked thread