Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

TontoCorazon posted:

What, people think this family is well adjusted?

I'm betting the collective therapy bill of all those kids could pay for china's national debt.

People have been saying poo poo for years like "what's the problem, they aren't on welfare, they aren't starving, they have clothes and a place to sleep, seems like a great family to me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

dog buttz posted:

Sanatorum said something about how if Bruce Jenner says he's a woman, he's a woman. No way they'd back that.

They campaigned for him in 2012. I'm surprised him being Catholic wasn't a deal-breaker.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

real question is will TLC try and spin off something from the show

"Well, creepy child molestation, but ratings"

The father in law who piped up with "well I forgive Josh too" sure hopes so

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Can't wait to hear about how Josh is the real victim here and it's all because of the liberal media

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

women have no free will, they exist to serve

One of those "ok you're married now get busy" wacky fundie books literally says the wife is supposed to have sex whenever the husband wants, even if she doesn't

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Their cult's power of shame and victim blaming would be incredibly hard to overcome no matter what the law was. It's hard enough for abuse victims in regular society.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Lol using the freedom of information act is "leaked"

Hint: those files weren't required to be sealed, either

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Windows 98 posted:

How in the gently caress do these people have an Internet connection and still haven't figured they are beyond hosed up and something isn't right in their house hold?

E: the kids, not Jimbobly Jingle Jangle Jipson

Because they've been isolated and indoctrinated since birth to think it's the rest of the world that's evil and horrible

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Their last kid was born at 25 weeks weighing only a pound

You would think that would have been a sign that you might want to stop having kids but nope Michelle went to a fertility clinic

http://www.today.com/parents/duggars-visit-fertility-doctor-we-would-love-more-children-parents-2D79685068

Next stop, a place like Zeljko Ivanek was running in Big Love

ElwoodCuse fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 4, 2015

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

If that other investigation was based on a crank call, wouldn't they have let them in and then gotten more ammo to complain about how they are being persecuted by godless liberal busybodies?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

It hasn't been cut off, there are lots of people he can mooch from.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Even if he's not actually gay it's possible she realized "you have no education, no skills, and your family's gravy train is over. How are we supposed to make a living?"

But hey, congrats on using your freak show family to destroy innocent lives and then write off your awful choices as God's will.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Nice job wearing an IDF shirt like they're a band or something, what a sick bastard

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

It's why Huckabee opposes the Iran deal (as opposed to the other Republicans who just want another war because yay war!)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

It should have been obvious long ago that the duggar cult was toxic and dangerous to everyone involved. The religious nutters were going to always support them no matter what but it was ridiculous to see so many other people saying stuff like "the kids aren't starving or bruised, I don't see the problem here"

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Toadvine posted:

this is one strangely successful family, there are hundreds of other quiverfull families packed into trailers barely scratching out a living.

This was them before the show and even early into it they were still all about thrift shop clothes and feeding the whole family subsistence-level garbage from Aldi. Then TV built them a house and got them all stylists.

Josh became a hilarious tubbo once he got out on the road and eating chickfila twice a day.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Probably something to do with the time he told an audience they should get all the wogs and coons out of England followed by Keep England white.

The guy who plays the piano on Layla was a schizophrenic who killed his mother

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Boy they really need to hear about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in a country that is 80% Christian

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

"Upcoming TLC documentary." So they're still on TV.

It already aired

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The jig is up for Gothard, they can't afford to operate out of Chicago any more so they are moving to the Texas desert :laugh:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Bonapartisan posted:

Oh, and they are basically grifters.

It's funny how when they first got on TV they talked about saving money every way possible like on clothes and eating subsistence level garbage and then when the ratings took off they were like gently caress that,give us all this poo poo for free. And nowtthat the TV gravy train is over they really have to double down on the mooching.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Angela Christine posted:

Eh, whatever the need to do to keep from becoming fat. They'd be even worse if they were all butterballs.

As soon as Josh moved out he became a tubbo from eating fast food all the time

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Many surveys have confirmed that even observant Catholics have no problem ignoring the rules about birth control

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What do they even do as protestants in a Catholic country like el Salvador? Try to convince people that the pope is bad?

Yeah, they think Catholics worship the pope and Mary aren't actually going to heaven. There are some funny Chick tracts that treat Catholics the same as Muslims and atheists.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The Duggars certainly have 55-gallon drums full of AKs buried around the compound, it's no surprise some of them go cosplay as soldiers at a fundy ranch

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Sandusky was just in court for another appeal thing and there were JUSTICE FOR JERRY people there. What the gently caress, I knew plenty of people thought Joe Paterno didn't do anything wrong but I didn't know people thought Sandusky isn't even guilty.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

cumshitter posted:

My grandma was a pretty devout Irish Catholic and when she was on her way with her seventh child she asked her priest if she could have an abortion and he was all like yeah go for it.

I think it's funny that fringe denonimations like the Quiverfulls think Catholics are brainwashed zombies getting messages beamed to them from the antenna under the Pope's giant hat. I'm not even religious but I've cited my Catholic background to get out of conversations with proselytizers because they think I'm in an even crazier cult.

Yep. Saying "I'm Catholic" is definitely the best way to get rid of JWs and Mormons. They think they can win over atheists or agnostics.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

SteveVizsla posted:

I think it was ABC Family that recently tried to do a reality show about a "medium" who also happens to be a high school girl and OMGZ she has such a hard time finding dates when guys find out about her powers, you guyz.

Oh no her football field sized red flag scares people off.

However, I would fully supporther taking money from suckers who want to talk to Joe Paterno.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The advertisers caved, TLC wouldn't show this for free.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

lol kody brown and that loving murano crosscabriolet they got

This is one of the ugliest cars ever made. I bet they got soaked on it too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Darth123123 posted:

why is this hot woman with a loser like this

When did they go from "identical shapeless outfits" to "fashionable clothes and tons of makeup"? Was it for TV, to marry them off, or what.

• Locked thread