Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that dude cameron frye'd the poo poo out of himself (married the first girl he hosed)

dont do that guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Top City Homo posted:

What's the rate of mental illness amongst Christian fundies?

Has to be over 20%

God never gives you anything you can't handle.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Scathach posted:

So how long until Jim Bob's molestation of Josh is discovered?

a long time, given that he was successful in stringing up the cameraman to get him out of the mix

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

McStabby posted:

All fundie kids have testimonies about how they were rebellious teens until they found Christ (or it was beaten out of them). That's what they use to try to get people to convert.

my former boss, a born-again, literally tried to use the "i was on LSD one night driving around and saw jesus on my steering wheel" story for why he got all holy in the mid-80s

we all knew the truth, his foxy wife got tired of his rapidly growing blow habit and ultimatum'd his rear end. Finding Christ is the perfect way to listen to your wife while acting like you're totally not listening to that subservient dog of a woman

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Scathach posted:

It's pretty sick how the women support this religious bullshit. How bad of a person do you have to be to raise daughters to be slaves and ignore that at least one of your sons (and pretty obviously the dad) is a child molestor?

the only woman's opinion that matters is michelle's. and hers was made up when she had a miscarriage, she prayed real hard with real crocodile tears in her eyes that if god would just give her a baby she would never use birth control and be whatever sort of weird godly woman that jim bob wanted forever and ever and she unironically held up her end of the bargain

any other woman like a sister or aunt that tried to take him down would be painted as jealous harlot who did <x> insert your choice of fornication, pill abuse or church embezzlement. jim bob duggar's not a Truly Powerful Person but he can gently caress up life enough for a scared ozark spinster that its just not worth it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm sure it was runway-clearing for the arranged marriage they were trying to set up for the next year.

holy poo poo thats a bomb though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
jim bob's got that sociopath smile, they can't differentiate between a genuine smile and a generic squint+baring of teeth

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Monkey Fracas posted:

If these people had their way we would have Morality Police roaming around making sure women weren't driving, nobody was being gay or having the wrong kind of sex or drinking alcohol

I kind of disagree on this. In order for them to sustain their lifestyle they have to have a minority outsider status, to scare the women and children into circling the wagons tighter. if duggars ruled the world their kids would get cocky and go be Normal Kids and it'd all fall apart

it's like a reverse pyramid scheme. the dude at the top is only successful as long as a bunch of idiot marks DON'T sign up.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

XMNN posted:

how long after duggarstan gains its independence from the great state of arkansas until they start chopping off hands and stoning unchaste women

republic of walmart won't allow that to happen

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sorry for gawker, but good info here

http://defamer.gawker.com/the-web-has-known-about-josh-duggar-for-years-when-did-1706258269

Notably, it looks like:

-josh was 'betrothed' to a 14 year old from the Holt family when he was 14
-this poo poo drops as THAT patriarch runs for senate or some poo poo
-he loses and the girl's dad drags josh duggar up in front of their cult/church and publicly blames him for the election loss, due to 'sin in the camp'

This is literally a cult founded on emotional abuse of everybody on every level

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Eonwe posted:

so are any of the duggar children normal with a chance of escaping being a baby factory or pedophile

jinger and josiah seem to be the frontrunners for bustin' out

quote:

“She doesn’t want to live three hours out from civilization,” Jessa told the 19 Kids cameras.

“No! City please city please,” Jinger said.

In other words, Jinger Duggar wants to get as far away from her family’s rural Arkansas home as possible.

quote:

However, Michelle Duggar basically said that there’s no chance in hell of this ever happening. During a follow-up interview with RadarOnline, she tried to explain what her daughter really meant — according to Michelle, her daughter just wants to live “15 minutes from a Wal-mart.”

“Jinger didn’t mean she wanted to move to New York City,” Michelle said. “She meant that she wants to live closer to a city. We’re talking right near a city, but not New York City.”

its super sad

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

I Dunno posted:

I haven't really watched the show, so I was wondering if any of the kids are allowed to drive. Do any of them have a driver's license? I'm guessing not.

I was trying to think of how one of them would escape if they tried, but my first idea of just driving away probably isn't feasible if they never learned. It's too bad, because getting in a car and driving away sounds pretty easy.

i spent fifteen years living five miles from the duggars, have no children, and it still took me blowing up 4 years of 401k savings and taking a huge financial hit to get out. None of these kids have any assets, skills or real education. The boys are hinging on some nepotist dad-owns-a-dealership-so-now-I-own-one-too job, and the young ladies just wanna find another one of those guys because they cannot fathom living past age 22 as a woman that has not become a housewife

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Tricky D posted:

The dad really just own dealerships? That's were the money to raise 19 kids comes from?

they bought the tin can part of the house and TLC finished it out.
they were given multiple church vans
jim bob could say "we could go for a snack" and within 45 minutes, a half dozen walmart trucks full of donated food would be in their driveway

they're on a very particular and bountiful form of welfare, and can write it ALL off spiritually, lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

shiksa posted:

i want to believe, but man this guy has put himself in a tough spot credibility wise

ask anybody who has done time in a serious facility and they will tell you straight up that the #1 demographic of the finds-jesus-in-prison crew are the chomos. bible size inversely proportional to victim size

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
reagan represents the upstanding farm boy that successfully resisted the hollywood jew menace to lead america into a new era of prosperity and peace

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Duggar chess: white king, white queen and 19 pawns

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

swampland posted:

Lol every time I check this thread some bizarre new level of hosed upness has been found

if you really want to pull this sweater string long enough to uproot its filthy little tendrils across the whole of arkansas politics, i will place any number of wagers and/or toxxing on there being at least one dead girl and dozens of other terrified, living victims. maybe not from the duggars themselves, but from the shitbags they lock arms with

i'm pretty numb to it all because i was around it from 1993 to 2014, but i still know its there and hosed up and INSANE

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

TheNinjaScotsman posted:

The Duggars, and the girls' husbands in particular, have been on a Catholic-bashing kick on social media lately, so even though they campaigned for him in 2012 I'm not sure there's much love lost there.

southern protestants unironically believe that catholics worship statues and drink blood at mass. its loving hilarious listening to them trying to play sixth-generation telephone with catholic dogma

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
everybody says that and its funny how people think that a: jim bob has a big dick and b: he like wails on michelle for 90 minutes to get off or something. come on he's probably leaking precum from 7pm on and he just kind of aims and she winks and giggles and he shoots off all over her weird roast beef baby generator

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Do think they would autograph a copy of the police report?

does it look like a check from the discovery channel

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

swampland posted:

Yeah worldliness is one that's new to me

and the funny part is that its just as relative as everything else. you pull some weird fundamentalists through a wormhole from 1827 and show them even the pre-rape Duggars and they'll laugh at the filthy, corrupt sons of mammon

they dont mind the worldliness that delivers miracle whip x 20 jars on paved roads via walmart truck to their front door

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Dammit_Carl! posted:

Sort-of serious question, but when Momma can't make no more babies, is ol' Jimmie "The Wad," Bob going to kick her to the curb and marry someone younger and more fertile?

The quick quip here is that he'll just knock up a kid or two, but what are their rules about divorce and the like?

if she has three miscarriages she gets a pillow over the face

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

shiksa posted:

looks like a sim city adviser from the cutting room floor.

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON loving! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PT6A posted:

So birth control is wrong because God decides how many children you should have, but when God finally says "Enough! It's a pussy, not a clown car, bitch!" you go to doctors to try and disobey His will?

gently caress me, these people are out of their minds.

god invented in vitro fertilization to help spread his good message, but He also invented birth control to tempt and attempt to trip us up.

It's a tightrope walk, this godhavin'

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

netally posted:

Did it though? I had a pregnancy scare while on the pill and I read quite a few articles that said it shouldn't cause birth defects, miscarriages etc. As long as you stop taking them as soon as you find out.

im' sure the diggers had a full medical workup and extensive debriefing with their obgyn and gen prac before blaming the birth control pills for a miscarriage, theres no way they just cried for a night and jim bob saw a huge in and said "i bet it was those pills"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How can people seriously do this and not think that their life is hosed up?

because their life isn't "hosed up." Jim Bob and Michelle's life is great. They get TV appearances, airfare, church buses, pallets of food, free houses, free movie tickets, free hot dogs, minor political appointments, speeches to pro-life groups. Jim Bob gets to violate Michelle's personal space on the reg, in public, to prove that they're 'normal' and 'in love' and 'have normal adult lives' and all his buddies think he has super sperm.

Their kids' life is hosed up and lovely, but they themselves are doing just fine. Well, until this year. they're echo chambered so hard that they will not waver from this lifestyle until they are dead.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wait i just realized that none of the girls are really overweight and i just remembered about michelle's eating disorder history and i just realized that a bunch of these girls probably have eating disorders too because it is EXTREMELY STATISTICALLY UNLIKELY that all of those girls have a bmi as low as they do

look at the guys. soon as they hit 18 they blow up into a weird pillsbury doughboy and all their hair falls out

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gently caress you, Grandma. That's your name now. Just "Grandma."

lmfao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Father Wendigo posted:

Northwest is also the last major holdout of the Klan in the state. I'm being completely serious. For example, you can still see White Pride Radio billboards.

Quite the coincidence, that.

Yeah, last i heard the Klan 'headquarters' (which is a PO box, of course) is in Harrison, bout an hour east

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Lord of Pie posted:

Finally a Duggar that pulls out

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

shiksa posted:

holy fuckin poo poo these kids are ruined as human beings

she coulda sold them white babies, quarter million apiece

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PoPcornTG posted:

Is there any chance that Josh will be investigated to make sure he's not doing anything gross with his daughter? I'm not sure of your laws, but it seems to me that his kid could be at risk.

actually he probably will end up with +1 to molesting after all of this because he can just beat the pray-it-away drum until we all throw up our hands in disgust and some other midsouth neanderthal child rape captures the headlines, and if his kids ever accuse him years later they'll either be under the corrupting influence of Worldly Propaganda, or Corrupt and Worldly and Vindictive Liars themselves if they stray too far. he's good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Top City Homo posted:

i am conserned with the level of capitalized posting in this thread

jim bob should pull the shift keys off the computers so the kids cant search for XXX

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

a large trout posted:

are any of the girls at least sorta hot

they're cute in a they are average sized with decent teeth and they do not have neck tattoos sort of way

there are 20 million others just like them down there, sittin pretty and waitin for they man

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Code Jockey posted:

That's a fair estimate of how many Duggar children we haven't seen, trapped in the basement of the compound, the less pretty ones, incest having ravaged their genes

in the corner, a three eyed, horned young man of 14 draws what he assumes a car to look like in the dirt on the floor

we have heard legends of the magical cart that would transport our grandmothers and grandfathers outside the walls of the Vault. Then the Dark Times started. Someday Ec'no'line will return

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Krispy Kareem posted:

There's this idea that the Duggars might somehow bounce back from this, but I'm pretty sure these interviews will be the last time a Duggar gets paid to appear on a nationwide show. Yes, there are some hardcore fans who plead via Facebook for their Jim Bob, but most people, even right-wing Christian Republican people, want nothing to do with this.

I think a lot of people in this thread over-estimate Duggar influence. Sure, they get their pictures taken with GOP candidates, but the Duggars are also trying to get their pictures taken with those candidates because it makes them look like kingmakers or some poo poo. Bill Clinton got his picture taken with Russian prostitutes at an event. Anyone half-way important has a line of people waiting to take selfies at these events. Yet for all their influence, no national candidate has won poo poo with Duggar support and their statewide influence is meh. They barely got an anti-discrimination law overturned in their own hillbilly backyard. These people can't disappear fast enough.

valid points but also every episode they aired probably spurred some new straw chewing hick to go Quiverfull on the "We can get on TV" theory so now you have 28 more of these stupid families littering the hills

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Monkey Fracas posted:

how do the people defending them keep a straight face when they have to say "I agree with what jim bob did and think he is pretty smart" in so many words

Jim Bob

Jim Bob

*yelling out window*

JIM BOB!

It would have been pretty good if he succeeded in his campaign to be a state senator because then we could all say "that state literally has a man named Jim Bob making legislative decisions, lol"

as mentioned earlier, we had Jim Guy Tucker in the 90s. He got four years kittenjail for Whitewater poo poo. Because of his 'poor health'.

Was the recipient of a liver transplant two years after that, and has no recent history. Sounds like he got the gently caress out + is chilling in a mcmansion in some gated community, enjoying his golden years with a poor's liver

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
mike huckabee just pulled the duggars' endorsement of him off his campaign site

http://wonkette.com/587464/mike-huckabee-removes-nasty-duggar-stains-from-campaign-website

right frame

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

artsy fartsy posted:

"Kids preying on kids"--wasn't Josh engaged to be holy matrimonily married at 14?

Old enough to make a serious life-time commitment; not old enough to realize kindergartners aren't hot

oh no that's just a betrothal to make sure the girl's parents understand that a suitable dowry has been set aside and they should keep her locked up until the age of majority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
striped polos: for when you've just Given Up

• Locked thread