Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wasn't planning to watch any of these but was bored and happened to find it on youtube earlier today. I decided at the end that the tree is evil and watered by tears and blood and it orchestrated the war to nourish itself :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

It was a nice shot but it was kind of ruined for me by that guy being surprised that when he opened the flood gates to drown the city and kill everyone in it it drowned the city and killed everyone in it. :v:

Hahaha yeah, it's like...what exactly did you expect to find there dude?

Parallax posted:

Izu's just a jerk, though.
I think this is understating what a complete piece of poo poo he is.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 31, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dotJPG posted:

I told myself I wasn't going to do this but then it happened anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPWRSAn3sEM

:perfect:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't be bothered to download things so hopefully this won't look like complete rear end on the stream I found.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ehhhh...I'm not really enjoying this.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I appreciate it for the animation but didn't find the story very compelling and thought Nishi was kind of repulsive both before and after his death experience, so that made it hard for me to stay interested at all. I think the part I liked best was revisiting the opening sequence at the end (and not just because it was finally over lol) and being able to see that it was a compilation of scenes from the lives of each character. There were moments that I liked (the part during the car chase when the driver's pet bird comes back to him comes to mind, and the mechanical buttcheeks clenching the gun made me laugh pretty hard) but overall I had to force myself not to close the window and tbh I was pretty in and out for the last 40 minutes or so. Guess I can at least check that box off on my anime fan credentials.

I had similar issues watching Tatami Galaxy, in that I did enjoy the animation and most of the supporting characters but the lead was a turd and that soured the experience of watching it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd be down for watching Angel's Egg because it's one I've always meant to watch and never got around to.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was really into Amano's art in high school and always wanted to watch Angel's Egg but never had the chance, then pretty much forgot it existed so I'm a little excited to finally see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love how eerie and dreamlike everything is, it really fits Amano's artwork.

• Locked thread