Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

azren posted:

So I've been wondering, what exactly is lost when you play the Song of Time? I know you lose money, and you lose that infinite magic thing, but what else?

-Money you are carrying with you (NOT the money in the bank though!)
-Your Razor sword, oddly enough (you keep the gilded sword though)
-Your arrows
-Your bombs
-That giant goron bomb
-Magic beans
-Deku nuts
-Deku sticks
-Bombchus
-Any pictures in your camera
-Stray fairies, dungeon keys and boss key (though you keep the map, compass and the boss' Remains mask)
-Anything you had in your bottles
-Any sidequest-related items (the key, the deeds, letters, etc...)
-The scarecrow song you made
-If you gave up any/all the masks to the children on the moon for the Fierce Deity Mask, they are all returned to you and the FDM is removed from your inventory. At least that's how it was in the GC version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Of note is that the way Majora's mask works progress is based off milestones.

Once you learn the area's song you can skip straight to the dungeon. Get the dungeon item and you can skip half the dungeon, then when you beat the boss you can just warp to the boss itself.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

SSNeoman posted:

-If you gave up any/all the masks to the children on the moon for the Fierce Deity Mask, they are all returned to you and the FDM is removed from your inventory. At least that's how it was in the GC version.

What?

You keep the FDM if you beat the game, are you saying that if you play the song of time during the final boss against majora's mask/anger/wrath it takes it away?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Kurieg posted:

You keep the FDM if you beat the game, are you saying that if you play the song of time during the final boss against majora's mask/anger/wrath it takes it away?

I did not play the Song of Time during the fight, I played it right before that, as you enter the arena. So long as you don't move forward, you don't trigger the fight. Anyway, that transported me back to the First Day, gave me back the rest of my masks, but took away the FDM.
I wanted to thrash the bosses in record time with it :saddowns:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

SSNeoman posted:

I did not play the Song of Time during the fight, I played it right before that, as you enter the arena. So long as you don't move forward, you don't trigger the fight. Anyway, that transported me back to the First Day, gave me back the rest of my masks, but took away the FDM.
I wanted to thrash the bosses in record time with it :saddowns:

You can, if you beat Majora first.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mordaedil posted:

You can, if you beat Majora first.

You can also use soemthing in the Kafei quest to walk around as the FD in the normal world for a few game hours too.

Spoiler'd because it's an unintended thing in the game about something we haven't seen yet, and I don't know if it will be shown as an extra or not. But just in case.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I didn't know about it, but I kinda hope we get it as a bonus video now.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

If only to hear George's impression of how FD Link's voice sounds.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

MR. J posted:

Technically you don't get a game over screen like you do if you run out of hearts. You just get sent back to "You've come over a terrible fate, haven't you?" and everything you've done that cycle is undone. But I've never actually let the moon drop except on an already 100% game.
But that's with a legitimate perma-save in tow so I have no idea.

Yup, the world being destroyed cutscene transitions straight into you learning the Song of Healing. Everything else goes poof. I've done this more than a few times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5:47 AM, Final Day: 13 minutes remain

Two episodes. Posted without comment.

Chapter 24 - At Least You Got the Five Rupees Man
Chapter 25 - There's No Time at All

Also, by popular request, we've created a Soundcloud. From now on, any music done for our LP's will be cross posted here and availible for download. Also slick content not in the videos like this sweet Garren Village arrangement that wasn't in the LP or an extended cut of George's PREVIOUSLY ON takes from Chapter 24. gently caress yeah.

All previous tracks are linked in the OP's cable of contents.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

You magnificent bastard.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Down to the loving wire. :vince:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My (piece of) heart can't handle this

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ya did it! Video games are art!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

ART

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Chapter 024 is the dank bank

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
5 seconds to spare :stare:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dinictus posted:

5 seconds to spare :stare:

Those aren't seconds. 5 minutes of in-game time. That's plenty of time, I actually expected it to be closer. He could've gone to the bank another time and still make it.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Nah once you hit the skull kid cutscene you get a full 5 minutes regardless of what was left on the clock. He had 5 seconds left before entering.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Right, but he still had the inverted song of time going. So it was closer to 10 seconds.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

He had 5 in-game minutes left before entering the clock tower. That isn't either 5 or 10 RL seconds, it's more like 8 or so I think. I think someone tested how long in-game time is and it's not some neat number.

After entering the tower you get 5 minutes RL time.

At no point did he have 5 seconds left.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
It's 2.25 seconds for each in game minute with the Inverted Song of Time on. Thank you Garren Race episode for making it necessary to figure out that conversion. :argh:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I honestly never noticed you could get into the clock tower as anything other than Deku Lunk :|

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I honestly never noticed you could get into the clock tower as anything other than Deku Lunk :|
Yeah, only reason Deku Link needs the flower is because he's too short. All other characters can just climb the ledge, as it turns out. You just have to figure that out yourself.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
My mouth is full of chewed fingernails.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

If that ramp wasn't there you could technically lock a cycle into an unwinnable state- if you were to trade the Town Land Deed to the Business Scrub in the swamp, he'll occupy that flower for the remainder of the cycle and you wouldn't be able to get up to the Clock Tower's door. Then again since you can just reset time that's mostly a moot point, but it would be annoying to get a bunch of prep for the final area done and then realize you can't use that flower anymore.

Hell, it would have made this run unwinnable, which I admit would have been a really really funny way to "fail".

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Rob even mentions as much in the Deku Link cycle; by leaving Clock Town early, he could certainly have gotten the heart piece from the swamp, but then he couldn't have gotten up for the original rewind.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
???, Final Day

It's the final episode of Lunk's Adventure. I struggle mightily with the final boss who I haven't fought in over a decade... Until I don't struggle any longer. It's a pretty cut and dry episode, but the credits of this game are a really great retrospective of our adventures as a whole and everyone we helped. That poor bomb lady

Thanks to everyone for watching this. As said, there would be no reason to do this if people weren't enjoying it as much as they did. We both had a ton of fun putting this together, and are looking forward to some more LP's in the future! Gonna take a bit of a break for now to get a backlogue of recordings, but whatever we do next (Sonic. It's Sonic.) will end up with a thread here. Unless it's Battletoads, in which case that might only go on Youtube.

stay lunk, y'all

Chapter 26 - Moonwalker

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
Thanks for the great ride, guys! I really enjoyed this LP.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

This is one of the best LPs all year. Thanks for doing this, guys.

Planning any bonus videos for missed content that you really wanted to show off? Or maybe just a full schedule that you were following so we know what else you were planning to do but couldn't because you're loving trash at garren racing?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
No, thank YOU for doing this. It was awesome :allears:
I think the Tatl hint for Majora's Incarnation implied that you were supposed to mow it down with Garren Lunk, but pumping it full of arrows works too (I don't think you need to use Light Arrows until the last form either) and I've never actually tried Garrening it. At any rate, your disbelief at Getting Served by the final boss more than made up for it.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 12, 2015

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Yeah, the final boss strategy is:

1. Use Boomerangs
2. Use mirror shield for laser
3. Use Garren roll to spike that fuckers legs
4. Block whips and shoot light arrows

This is actually a really hard final boss if you don't do certain side quests. Imagine playing this without the Great Fairy Sword, without infinite magic, without the white border on the heart containers, without the Gilded Sword, and with only two full-heal potions.

It took me an hour :gonk:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Great ride guys, when you say battletoads, do you mean the arcade version?

Please tell me you mean the arcade version.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I quite like that you can't save everyone. Cause the butler's son died outside the time loop.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The "fairy kid" Skull Kid talks about is (most likely) about the thing in Ocarina of Time, where a random Skull Kid in the woods would give you a heart piece if you played Saria's Song for it. It's implied that the Skull Kid wearing Majora's Mask is the same person.

How he got to Termina in the first place is anyone's guess.

Anyway, good LP, congratulations on beating the game, and thanks for doing this.

Edit:

BioEnchanted posted:

I quite like that you can't save everyone. Cause the butler's son died outside the time loop.

There's actually a lot of stuff about this. There's some more things you can't fix, like the cuckoo guy's depression. According to an Internet Theory, the world of Termina was doomed to begin with and all you did was delay the end. Except if the people pick up the slack, start working for a better world, and stop worshipping the pagan giants and start believing in Jesus Christthe three Goddesses from OoT again. Seriously.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 11, 2015

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I think I only ever fought the final boss with the Fierce Deity mask, so I didn't see him long enough to see his fresh moves.

Awesome LP, really enjoyed it you guys.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm only halfway through this LP so far, but I have to say, I came for Majora's Mask, and so far have stayed for the ridiculous peanut gallery of octorok girls and interventions and gravelly voiced farmers and air horn symphonies and who knows what else.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Note that the Happy Mask Salesman is explicitly villainous in the manga. When he gets Majora's Mask back, Link tries to shank him and he just moves back and chuckles, saying that he will simply find another world to terrorize before fading away.

BTW GREAT LP GUYS HOPE THIS WAS A GOOD NOTE FROM ME TO GO OUT ON :v: :v: :v:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Really nice work, guys. Congrats on finishing it.

The remixes provided a very nice touch, so a good job to George on those.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

SSNeoman posted:

When he gets Majora's Mask back, Link tries to shank him and he just moves back and chuckles, saying that he will simply find another world to terrorize before fading away.

Not quite, I'm pretty sure Link could have murdered the hell out of him.

QuietMisdreavus
May 12, 2013

I'm fine. Nothing to worry about.
Congratulations for not-dying on the final boss! :neckbeard:

This has been really fun to watch, and I've looked forward to seeing each video. Good job on this series, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Incredible LP. Seriously.

And the gameplay was pretty great too.

• Locked thread