Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

You are the LP forum's worst monster.

And I love you for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
I am slapping my thighs in anticipation of what's going to happen. :ohdear:

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
There is no ending to this that can disappoint me. This is all too entertaining.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I was gonna clean my room, but then I got high.

I was gonna stop the moon, but then I got high.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TIME!!

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME

Loving the remix with a passion

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I believe in you, Lunk. :shobon:

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.
...in more constructive posts, however...we need that remix for download. Sounds like it'd make a good ringtone.

QuietMisdreavus
May 12, 2013

I'm fine. Nothing to worry about.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

There is no ending to this that can disappoint me. This is all too entertaining.

Same. If you make it to the moon in time, then it's an exciting climax. If you don't, then we get a hilarious montage of going through it all again. We can't lose. Rob, on the other hand...

Zuur
May 2, 2009
The timing of the dank bank and the completely somber music is a great mix if this joke just killed everything.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
He's got plenty of time. It'll only take like two seconds to get to the bank and then another two or three seconds to get into the clock tower, and I'm pretty sure the timer stops once you play the song, right?

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I hope you decide to not to finish the game and instead just watch the world burn while you sit in a cave in the comforting embrace of Bean Man.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

frozentreasure posted:

He's got plenty of time. It'll only take like two seconds to get to the bank and then another two or three seconds to get into the clock tower, and I'm pretty sure the timer stops once you play the song, right?

If memory serves, the timer resets when Skull kid screams and tells the moon to hurry it up already.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

You just gave me a heart attack.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

OmegaCake posted:

...in more constructive posts, however...we need that remix for download. Sounds like it'd make a good ringtone.

We have been talking about putting up a Soundcloud for all of the remixes, and we really really need to get on that poo poo. I'll try to do it sooner rather than later.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Kurieg posted:

If memory serves, the timer resets when Skull kid screams and tells the moon to hurry it up already.

Yeah, once you reach the top of the tower you're given 5 whole minutes to play the song.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SSNeoman posted:

THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TIME!!

There's always enough time for the Dank Bank. Just believe.

e: wait didn't accurately copy the original.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 5, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
You managed to go supersayan, you turned 2 minutes of ingame time into a 40 minute episode.
Congrats.

And the fairy of kindness gave you a sword... of kindness... of which to show your enemies how kind you are...

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

SugarAddict posted:

You managed to go supersayan, you turned 2 minutes of ingame time into a 40 minute episode.
Congrats.

And the fairy of kindness gave you a sword... of kindness... of which to show your enemies how kind you are...

You're being kind to the townspeople by killing monsters for them.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I have only just caught up with this LP and what have you done! Was Dank Bank worth it!? I need to know!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

You're being kind to the townspeople by killing monsters for them.

There's quite a few townspeople and people that could use smokyprogg's kind touch to end their miserable existence..

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
:staredog:

Edge of my seat over here, holy poo poo.

Medrex
Nov 17, 2012

Triangular. Nuclear. Loops.
Next update cannot come fast enough.
This ride is amazing and the tension is killing me.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

:siren::frogsiren::choco::f5h::f5::suspense::ohdear::stonk::frogsiren::siren:

GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH-

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Goddammit I watched the episode last night before going to bed, and then couldn't sleep because of the adrenaline.

This run will be the death of me. :ohdear:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
And people say that weed isn't harmful.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
If he crashes the moon onto the planet just to put some money into the bank, I guess it's worth it. Money is the only thing you keep in death. Gotta pay Charon after all.

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.
Are you going to fail the three day challenge to make up for not failing the Anju & Kafei quest? I'm dying to see some massive failure.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
What even happens if you fail at this point? Do you lose everything and have to start all the way back at the hide and seek game or something? Do your key items carry over? What about boss remains or the gilded sword?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

MR. J posted:

What even happens if you fail at this point? Do you lose everything and have to start all the way back at the hide and seek game or something? Do your key items carry over? What about boss remains or the gilded sword?

If you play the Song of Time you go back to the dawn of the first day with all your key items. If you don't, you game over, which means you return to the last permanent save. And the original Majora's Mask (the version they're playing) only makes permanent saves when you play the song of time (owl saves are temporary saves, and won't save you against game overs).

So they'd go back to just after the tutorial Deku cycle, when they just got the Ocarina and the Deku Mask and nothing else.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Technically you don't get a game over screen like you do if you run out of hearts. You just get sent back to "You've come over a terrible fate, haven't you?" and everything you've done that cycle is undone. But I've never actually let the moon drop except on an already 100% game.
But that's with a legitimate perma-save in tow so I have no idea.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 5, 2015

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
He will return to the point right before he learned the Song of Healing. So, yeah, it'll be like this LP never happened.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I'm going to laugh if some FF6-esque broken stuff happens because you're still human link in that instance when you let the moon fall but if you come out human link without the deku mask...
Though I'm sure they put in some failsafe to avoid that.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
That's not quite what happens. The only time the game makes a permanent save is when you play the song of time, including the time you're required to at the end of the first cycle. So the game will just load the save right before you learn the song of healing like nothing ever happened.

That's why there are only two save files in the game, each slot has space for both SOT and Owl stone saves.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

So I've been wondering, what exactly is lost when you play the Song of Time? I know you lose money, and you lose that infinite magic thing, but what else?

NorthByNorthwest
Oct 9, 2012
With 14 seconds left on the clock, I think it's time to post the live action Majora's Mask commercial to lighten the mood. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Mf2mp6fms

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

azren posted:

So I've been wondering, what exactly is lost when you play the Song of Time? I know you lose money, and you lose that infinite magic thing, but what else?

You lose all consumables (including rupees not in the bank), Chateau Romani, the Razor Sword, all stray fairies (but the rewards are permanent if you turned them all in), and each area gets reset to pre-temple status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

azren posted:

Pretty much all of your consumable items except rupees that are in the bank are lost when you play the Song of Time. Story progress is also technically reset (Goron Village goes back to being in a blizzard, Deku Princess is still trapped in Woodfall Temple) but masks and songs that you've gained are kept, and you don't need to replay the temples that you've already completed.

• Locked thread