Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you feel sorry for him?
No
Yes
Sort-of
Other
View Results

• Locked thread
Kangra
May 7, 2012

I don't know that I would call it feeling 'sorry' for him. I feel sympathy, much as he shows toward Deckard by not brutally murdering him despite being able to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

PowerBuilder3 posted:

I just want to see a movie of Roy's life, esp. the space part.

What did you think of Soldier, if you've seen it?

[I'm not suggesting that he should be considered as Roy Batty, but curious to know reactions.]

Kangra
May 7, 2012

qntm posted:

Wasn't that game like two moves from mate and neither Sebastian nor Tyrell had realised? Both of them are horrible chess players.

Actually, they're extremely good chess players from the 19th century. In fairness Sebastian completely missed that he could make that move, and that probably wasn't the case in real life with Anderssen. Obviously the symbolic importance of the game's name is intentional, but in terms of chess play it does not have the feel of one played out slowly with both sides making very deliberate moves.

• Locked thread