Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you feel sorry for him?
No
Yes
Sort-of
Other
View Results

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

LORD OF BUTT posted:

But creating a sapient being and giving it that short of a lifespan is kinda hosed up.

Speaking of this, do you guys have an opinion on "I want more life, father" vs "I want more life, fucker"?

I'm not sure which version of the line I actually prefer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mike N Eich posted:

gonna use this thread to say that thinking Deckard is a replicant, thus undercutting how the replicants are better, more creative and more humane than he is throughout the entire movie, is really dumb.

B-b-but Ridley Scott said Deckard is a replicant!!!!!

Seriously though, I think you could at least make the argument that Deckard's identity status being ambiguous still fits the the themes of the film, but personally I do agree that him being a human gives the film a bolder stance.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I was thinking more along the lines of Amistad myself. I've yet to hear anyone say the slaves were in the wrong in that movie, though I'm sure some racist assholes would say otherwise.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I liked the voiceover, though I don't know if I prefer it to the Final Cut.

• Locked thread