Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you feel sorry for him?
No
Yes
Sort-of
Other
View Results

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly? Yeah. He's a murderer, but all of his actions are motivated by simple survival- desperately trying to find a way to outlive his incredibly brief lifespan, after first doing everything he can within it and still finding that wasn't enough. It's hard to argue that his death wasn't justified, but at the same time, it's also hard not to at least feel a little sorry for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Black Bones posted:

Plus it's like Admiral Adama would say, at least he got to live a little, much more than he was supposed to

But creating a sapient being and giving it that short of a lifespan is kinda hosed up.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

massive spider posted:

It wasnt a murderer because only persons can be murdrerers.

Batty is clearly sapient and capable of free thought. Doesn't that qualify him for personhood?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

vivisectvnv posted:

Popping in to say that if you prefer the Final Cut you are a terrible person.

Which cut is your favorite? I've only seen the Final and bits of the Director's off the top of my head.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
You know what? I kinda like that. I like the scene in the narration-free versions better, but it still works pretty well with the narration, mostly because they weren't completely ham-handed with where they put it.

Man, to have been in a theater in 1982 and seen that poo poo for the first time. Even in its original form I'd be going to bat like hell for that movie.

• Locked thread