Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I need to start updating my comic again just so people will stop asking me if I am dead.

it's been left on this page forever now. eesh

Experienced a death in the household recently so it's been tough to get motivated, but I am still working. Trying to get back into the habit of working every day again. Drew a scene setting panel for another page, that's always something that takes the longest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Skratte posted:

Experienced a death in the household recently so it's been tough to get motivated, but I am still working. Trying to get back into the habit of working every day again. Drew a scene setting panel for another page, that's always something that takes the longest.

I'm truly sorry for your loss. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time.

The page looks great though.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I'm working on 2 comics right now. The first is a Sci-Fi comic about 2 dorks trapped in a simulation called John Doe that I update on Tapas:

The other is a dumb side project I started recently called Otto and Ollie about a very smart boy who makes a very smart deal with a demon and gains the ability to know the answer to any question he asks. There are no negative consequences for this whatsoever.

It's only going to be a few chapters long so I'm just hosting it on Twitter for now. The idea is to play with drawing ~faster~ and experimenting more without worrying as much about keeping things on model (which I kind of suck at anyways tbh). Ideally I'd like to develop a style similar to KC Green that is appealing, but loose enough to where it lets me tell longer stories that I can finish before I die.

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

Skratte posted:

I need to start updating my comic again just so people will stop asking me if I am dead.

Condolences. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

This panel looks great, BTW, my friend. Real sense of place.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Can I get some opinions on this ad I'm writing for reddit and a few other forums to try and sell people on Boots? I want to sum it up so people could join in right now from tomorrow's page and immediately be caught up, while still being a kind of pitch for the story itself. It's 500 words, is this too much? Also is it too wordy?

In the thrilling and immersive world of Adventuring Boots, Marie and Jaina, two ambitious young women, join the ranks of a crime family led by the cunning and resourceful Claire. Their ultimate goal is to earn enough money to pay off their beloved Uncle's staggering bounty, which has reached a whopping 750,000 dollars. To achieve this, they aspire to become adventurers, a group of highly skilled and powerful individuals who take on dangerous missions and battle fearsome monsters for the government.

Their journey takes them on a rollercoaster of perilous missions, where they must navigate a world filled with magic and intrigue. One of these missions involves robbing a fence named Tony, who specializes in dealing with magical artifacts. Tony's collection includes a unique talking magic blade called Carissima Lama Zanna, which is gifted to cursed individuals like Marie. Marie's curse prevents her from wielding magic, but in return, she has access to a powerful inner fire that craves magical energy.

The world of Adventuring Boots is built on a foundation of magic, with Wearg Trees serving as the source of all magical power. The story explores different types of magic, such as Magenta, Yellow, and Black, each tied to different emotions and aspects of the characters' lives. As the characters grow and evolve, they discover new ways to harness these magical forces to overcome the challenges they face.

Throughout their journey, Marie and Jaina encounter a colorful cast of characters who enrich the story with their unique abilities and personalities. One such character is HotWheels, a talking skeleton who shares a deep bond with Trombozo, a man capable of wielding Clown Magic. Both HotWheels and Trombozo are Slimeborne, gooey beings that can shift their forms and fuse with other creatures. Their fusion into a single entity called Trombonezo adds an emotional layer to the story, as Marie grapples with the loss of her friend while navigating a budding romance with Spinnelope, Trombozo's former partner and a powerful magic user herself.

As the plot unfolds, the true extent of Claire's ambition is revealed. Her ultimate goal is to transition her criminal empire into a legitimate corporate conglomerate. This shift in power dynamics forces characters to confront their own beliefs and motivations, resulting in a rich tapestry of complex emotions, ideological differences, and the consequences of their actions in a rapidly changing world.

The world of Adventuring Boots is a place where hard work, determination, and embracing one's true self are rewarded with incredible abilities and power. The characters face numerous challenges, both physical and emotional, as they strive to achieve their dreams and make sense of the world around them. Along the way, they forge powerful alliances, confront dangerous adversaries, and ultimately, discover the true meaning of friendship, loyalty, and love.

With its engaging plot, memorable characters, and enchanting world, Adventuring Boots is a captivating story that takes readers on an unforgettable journey filled with magic, adventure, and personal growth. Delve into this unique and vibrant world, and join Marie, Jaina, and their eclectic group of friends as they navigate the perils and joys of a life filled with adventure, intrigue, and self-discovery.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
These days I assume that most people browsing reddit are doing so on their smartphones. On my mobile device, using the Awful app, your pitch was about 4.5 full screens of text. So even though 500 words doesn't seem like much, it's probably worth trimming it down for the purposes of a targeted ad.

Here's an example of a Booklist review for Lucie Bryon's graphic novel Thieves, which is 223 words:

quote:

Ella, a flighty romantic, has been crushing on cute but quiet Madeline for ages, so when she finally bumps into her at a house party, it’s a dream come true. But Ella drinks too much and, in her stupor, steals an assortment of delightful objects from a closet in the house. Ella is desperate to conceal her crime from Madeline as their relationship develops, but when Madeline discovers what went down, a surprising truth comes out: Madeline had pilfered those objects in the first place! Now the girls are on a mission: return the items to their original owners during a circuit of house parties. Their mission has lot of the hallmarks of a heist narrative—Disguises! Sneaking around strangers’ houses!—but Bryon playfully turns that plot on its head. The exaggerated figure designs and warm palette of sunset tones in her artwork are beautifully eye-catching, and she creates a luxuriant sense of atmosphere in small background details and visual metaphors (Ella getting swept up in an ocean wave whenever she sees Madeline is especially darling). Since it was originally published in France, this book’s attitudes about teenage drinking are much laxer than in the U.S., but the youthful emotions are universal, and with distinctive characters, lush art, and an off-kilter sapphic romance at its core, this will surely steal teen readers’ hearts.

And here's the description for Haley Newsome's Unfamiliar that you can find on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, at a trim 101 words:

quote:

Based on the wildly popular webcomic from Tapas, Unfamiliar is an endearing and whimsical story full of magical mayhem, offbeat outsiders, and the power of friendships and found family.

Young kitchen witch Planchette gets an incredible deal on a new house in a magical town. Turns out, there's a reason: it's haunted! After unsuccessfully attempting to get these unwanted ghosts to leave, she realizes the only thing to do is to help them with their problems. Along the way, she befriends a shy siren who hates being popular, a girl battling a curse, and a magically-challenged witch from a powerful coven.

Finally, here's the Barnes & Noble description for an old fashioned novel, Mieko Kawakami's All the Lovers in the Night, which is 225 words including an author blurb:

quote:

Bestselling author of Breasts and Eggs Mieko Kawakami invites readers back into her immediately recognizable fictional world with this new, extraordinary novel and demonstrates yet again why she is one of today’s most uncategorizable, insightful, and talented novelists.

Fuyuko Irie is a freelance copy editor in her mid-thirties. Working and living alone in a city where it is not easy to form new relationships, she has little regular contact with anyone other than her editor, Hijiri, a woman of the same age but with a very different disposition. When Fuyuko stops one day on a Tokyo street and notices her reflection in a storefront window, what she sees is a drab, awkward, and spiritless woman who has lacked the strength to change her life and decides to do something about it.

As the long overdue change occurs, however, painful episodes from Fuyuko’s past surface and her behavior slips further and further beyond the pale. All the Lovers in the Night is acute and insightful, entertaining and engaging; it will make readers laugh, and it will make them cry, but it will also remind them, as only the best books do, that sometimes the pain is worth it.

“In the skilled hands of Bett and Boyd, Kawakami’s prose is instantly recognizable—immediate, incisive, and unfailingly honest.”—Katie Kitamura, Entertainment Weekly (A Most Anticipated Book of 2022)

This leads me to think that 150-225 words is probably the sweet spot for what you're looking for. The first example does some summarizing while still keeping the tone of a pitch, but it is for a more niche audience (librarians) than the two consumer-facing descriptions.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I am mostly happy with this one, still working on my textures and anatomy. Also struggling a bit with backgrounds - I feel that some have too much detail to the extent that they make it harder to read the main figures, particularly the last panel.

The most persistent problem, though, is that it looks a lot better on the page than the screen. I've asked this before but does anyone have any guides or tips for scanning b&w art? Right now the procedure is

- scan in color, 600dpi
- open in photoshop, max out the contrast a couple of times
- use a channel mask to extract the art and fill it with pure black
- resize to 72dpi and some reasonable screen size

but I feel like the line edges look sort of visibly aliased.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Skratte posted:

My condolences, fellow goon. :smith:

But this scene is really great! Excellent perspective. Did you base it on any reference photos or was it purely ex nihilo?

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I made a one-page comic about old people that I think turned out alright.

cpmaoa1990
Jul 21, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
i dooon't like writing comics! they're good too! but it's sooo hard! you have to do soo much! it isn't like making videogames where people play them! I'm reading them too!

BLACKSTAR is a comic I'm working on! It's gonna be a webcomic and more! But it's sooo bad wanna not do it! Type stuff! It's sooo good but I've already seen it so writing it sucks! Get me artiiists kinda bad!

Anyone else have a project like this? It's the best! But man, it's already done for me! Why do it?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

cpmaoa1990 posted:

i dooon't like writing comics! they're good too! but it's sooo hard! you have to do soo much! it isn't like making videogames where people play them! I'm reading them too!

BLACKSTAR is a comic I'm working on! It's gonna be a webcomic and more! But it's sooo bad wanna not do it! Type stuff! It's sooo good but I've already seen it so writing it sucks! Get me artiiists kinda bad!

Anyone else have a project like this? It's the best! But man, it's already done for me! Why do it?

based on greater context I'm not sure this is a human, but as a robot myself my suggestion is to write CYOA style comics and then you won't know what's going to happen ahead of time (because readers are crazy and will suggest wild poo poo you hadn't thought of)

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

This is a great answer.

I would add that; you haven't actually seen the whole story yet. You just have a notion of it.

Once you actually start to execute, so many things you hadn't thought of will occur to you, that it isn't even funny.

It's also worth considering that working on your story might not suck, but your brain, like the brain off everyone else on earth, is probably just lazy, and doesn't want to work on something hard if it doesn't have to.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
I've been storyboarding the second chapter of my webcomic, and I'm at a point where I have to grapple with some basic ground rule decisions. Things like color vs grayscale. Or whether i'm sticking to the safe zone of the page versus working in the bleed zones. Or even just like, character design.

Chapter 1 was in color, and I find color very fun and attractive, but it is also very time consuming. Also, chapter 1 was only 10 pages long, while chapter 2 will probably be around 30 pages. For chapter one, I was working a page at a time, but I'm pretty confident that releasing a chapter at a time will be better for my workflow.

How do folks make decisions about things like this? Go for what speaks to you, or think it through mathematically?

I'm very much learning-by-doing, and I think that's totally cool for webcomics. But ideally if I ever complete the whole story, it'd be nice to turn it into a print comic. So I kind of feel like any decisions I make early into the process will have significant ramifications down the line.

Comics are complicated!

snuggleshrub
Jul 2, 2010

Cephas posted:

How do folks make decisions about things like this? Go for what speaks to you, or think it through mathematically?

I'm very much learning-by-doing, and I think that's totally cool for webcomics. But ideally if I ever complete the whole story, it'd be nice to turn it into a print comic. So I kind of feel like any decisions I make early into the process will have significant ramifications down the line.

Comics are complicated!

I think if driving readership is a concern, then weekly updates (or more) is a good update schedule. If batches are all that works with your workflow, then that is an option, but I've seen fewer comics make it work.

Most folks are just struggling to find what works for them since making a comic is hard enough even without external considerations.

I definitely think planning for print, even if you never get to that point, doesn't hurt. It doesn't take a lot of effort unless you are doing a nonstandard format.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Cephas posted:

I've been storyboarding the second chapter of my webcomic, and I'm at a point where I have to grapple with some basic ground rule decisions. Things like color vs grayscale. Or whether i'm sticking to the safe zone of the page versus working in the bleed zones. Or even just like, character design.

Chapter 1 was in color, and I find color very fun and attractive, but it is also very time consuming. Also, chapter 1 was only 10 pages long, while chapter 2 will probably be around 30 pages. For chapter one, I was working a page at a time, but I'm pretty confident that releasing a chapter at a time will be better for my workflow.

Comics are complicated!

There's no right or wrong answer to any of these questions. It's entirely a matter of what works for you and how much effort/time you're willing to put into each page. For me the answers to these questions boiled down to:

Book printing down the line: This is definitely something I want to do at some point (print lasts SO much longer than things on the internet) so I draw my pages with printing in mind. If it's something you have ~any~ desire to do I'd strongly recommend planing for it now because it can get complicated. Make your pages at a print resolution (at least 300dpi) and look up a standard graphic novel/comic print size specification that you can work in so that you're not having to worry about custom print sizes or cramming your pages down into a different aspect ratio.

Color vs Grayscale: I work in pure black and white because adding grays or color doubles my time spent on a page (also I'm not great at color). That said I've heard from people I trust that audiences respond more to color pages so if you can get a good workflow going it's probably worth it.

Bleed panels and such: The main consideration here is if you want to be able to cut up your pages into panels for something like webtoons which is difficult if you have things like characters breaking out of their frames. Personally I like doing weird things with page layouts so I don't work with sites like webtoons or instagram in mind and just do what feels right for the page in question.

Release schedule: I work a page at a time (though I thumbnail things out a chapter at a time) and release the pages individually whenever the hell they're done because if I wait for full chapters it will be millennia between releases. I work a full time job which often requires overtime so this unfortunately limits me to a few pages a month at most. I'm not planning on making a living off of this though so maximizing readership isn't really a huge concern. I'd definitely recommend leaning towards having a style that's easier to draw with more updates per month vs the other way around though unless you are REALLY interested in making something visually detailed. I'm not saying make it ugly but I've definitely found that I'd much rather have a few stories ~actually be finished~ before I die, even if that means they're not released in their ideal form.

Also, let's be real here, even my best art is kind of lovely anyways so I may as well cut myself some slack on the details and get a few more pages done. It's not like 90% of the audience will even appreciate the extra work I put in anyways (fuckin' ingrates! :argh:)

Hope that helps.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Truman Peyote posted:

I am mostly happy with this one, still working on my textures and anatomy. Also struggling a bit with backgrounds - I feel that some have too much detail to the extent that they make it harder to read the main figures, particularly the last panel.

The most persistent problem, though, is that it looks a lot better on the page than the screen. I've asked this before but does anyone have any guides or tips for scanning b&w art? Right now the procedure is

- scan in color, 600dpi
- open in photoshop, max out the contrast a couple of times
- use a channel mask to extract the art and fill it with pure black
- resize to 72dpi and some reasonable screen size

but I feel like the line edges look sort of visibly aliased.

I used to scan in bitmap in very hi-res. But I've been drawing digitally for a long time, so I don't really know.
Thin lines are tricky
Maybe experiment a bit with the resize? Photoshop has a couple of settings how to interpreted when scaling.

I'm putting an old project online that I never finished due to not finding a publisher.
I was putting it on reddit ,could put it here too, but maybe it's not the right thread.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I loved that. Reminds me of the Flight anthologies. Do you have a website/social media?

E: You could also post it in the PYF comics thread. I'd bet you'd get a good reception for it there. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794989

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 7, 2023

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

readingatwork posted:

I loved that. Reminds me of the Flight anthologies. Do you have a website/social media?

E: You could also post it in the PYF comics thread. I'd bet you'd get a good reception for it there. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794989

Thanks.
I haven't even put this story on my own website yet ( https://mrfart.be ).
And the problem with my social media is that I used them for my more kid friendly comics in dutch/french. I tried for a long time to get some traction with them in English on birdsite/tapas etc. But that didn't work at all.
It was a bit of depressing project, in that I really believed in it, but I couldn't find anybody interested in it, and I kinda kept working on it for a long time not wanting to give up, but maybe should have.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Hey, I'm publishing a new anthology that's open for submissions right now. If you like making short comics and getting paid in Canadian dollars, you can submit a pitch or portfolio! ( we pair unmatched creators ).

The pitch:

quote:

"The City We Chose" will feature a mix of fiction and non-fiction narrative comics, exploring the paths that brought us to our home cities, and the decisions that shaped those places. What fantastical metropolises might have existed if things had shaken out differently?

Full submission details here!

We've funded eight kickstarters, been nominated for a pile of awards and even won some, and ( I think ) we make p. good books.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I keep forgetting this thread is here! It's been rad seeing TOWER in the pyf comics thread.
Anywho this was originally a (very) short story. Converting it into a comic was a really interesting challenge.

Tree Bucket fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 23, 2023

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I finally finished my comic yesterday. Since it's 17 pages, it'd be a bit awkward to timg it all here, so please just click through:

https://studio.tymoon.eu/view/2331

It's very personal work about intimacy as an ace person, so whether you connect with it or not will vary, but I'd appreciate you reading it anyway!

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
Made a lil nature comic

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
This is great, thank you for posting

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Yeah, nice style.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Welp, I've finally done it: I've started working on a longform comic project!

I'll probably have to be at least a little bit scant on some of the specific details as it's a niche erotica (Read: "Weird porn") but nonetheless I wanted to discuss my plans for the project and get feedback from people a little bit better versed in the world of webcomics.

I'm planning on starting off small - I've got a script for an approximately 29 page story to start things off, and I'm in the midst of doing the rough drawings and layout for those pages. I'm going to focus on getting this introductory chapter completed as a way to assess just how reliably I can commit to working on this kind of project, and if it's something I enjoy enough to keep working on beyond that point. If I want to continue with the project beyond that point I have some an outline in my head as to how to continue the story for at least 6 more chapters of a similar length and I figure that would be the point in the project where I'd start looking into setting up a domain to actually host the thing.

While I know regular, weekly updates were the standard in webcomics back in the day, I'm thinking this is a project that might be better served through larger releases over a longer span of time - I'm thinking something like releasing a chapter every few months as opposed to releasing 1-3 pages a week. I have the benefit that, because I've already developed a small following doing adult artwork I have something of a pre-existing audience to build off of, so there's a little bit less pressure to try to game that content algorithm. Really, the growing issues with social media platforms, especially as it relates to NSFW content, is one of the major reasons I want to set up my own webspace for this project if it gets off the ground rather than post to a platform.

The one thing that I'm a bit concerned about is balancing the more pornographic aspects of the project with the narrative-focused aspects. For instance, in the chapter I'm currently working on the "money-shot" stuff doesn't really come into play until about 2/3s of the way through, and I'm worried about how that's going to go over with people who are just looking for spank material.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!

KingKalamari posted:

The one thing that I'm a bit concerned about is balancing the more pornographic aspects of the project with the narrative-focused aspects. For instance, in the chapter I'm currently working on the "money-shot" stuff doesn't really come into play until about 2/3s of the way through, and I'm worried about how that's going to go over with people who are just looking for spank material.

I think you gotta be honest with yourself and clearly decide what the purpose of your comic is. If it's porn, then everyone who reads it is looking for spank material. In that case, there should be no separation between "the porn parts" and "the narrative parts"--the narrative should be porn. Even if nothing graphic is happening, it should have some sort of charge to it, because every part of the porn should be directly building a sense of eros.

But if it's a story that happens to contain graphic depictions of sex, then you might want to consider the opposite philosophy--the sexual parts should be in service of the narrative. You can have a perfectly romantic story where the characters never gently caress, so the loving should in some way be meaningful to the story. (I recently read a graphic novel called Chromatic Fantasy that had several, several pages of X-rated gay trans action right in the middle of the story. It somehow made the graphic novel worse, not because the sex scenes were bad, but because they truly felt gratuitous to the story as a self-contained unit.) Back in the day a lot of visual novels felt compelled to include sex scenes for the sake of increased marketability. If you have your own platform then I assume folks who are reading your stuff already know what to expect.

I guess I'd recommend like, looking up comics that are similar to what you want to go for, and analyze their structure. How many pages per chapter are they, what is the overall balance of narrative vs. erotica, is there a clear division between the two; do they have chapters without anything erotic happening? etc.

good luck on your weird porn lol

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Cephas posted:

I think you gotta be honest with yourself and clearly decide what the purpose of your comic is. If it's porn, then everyone who reads it is looking for spank material. In that case, there should be no separation between "the porn parts" and "the narrative parts"--the narrative should be porn. Even if nothing graphic is happening, it should have some sort of charge to it, because every part of the porn should be directly building a sense of eros.

But if it's a story that happens to contain graphic depictions of sex, then you might want to consider the opposite philosophy--the sexual parts should be in service of the narrative. You can have a perfectly romantic story where the characters never gently caress, so the loving should in some way be meaningful to the story. (I recently read a graphic novel called Chromatic Fantasy that had several, several pages of X-rated gay trans action right in the middle of the story. It somehow made the graphic novel worse, not because the sex scenes were bad, but because they truly felt gratuitous to the story as a self-contained unit.) Back in the day a lot of visual novels felt compelled to include sex scenes for the sake of increased marketability. If you have your own platform then I assume folks who are reading your stuff already know what to expect.

I guess I'd recommend like, looking up comics that are similar to what you want to go for, and analyze their structure. How many pages per chapter are they, what is the overall balance of narrative vs. erotica, is there a clear division between the two; do they have chapters without anything erotic happening? etc.

good luck on your weird porn lol

Thank you! And that definitely makes sense: I think that what I'm going for is definitely something more on the "Narrative first, porn second" end of the spectrum, and I've tried to make a conscious effort to tie the erotic aspects of it somewhat directly into the narrative itself. The model that I'm sort of working towards is something akin to what you'd see in old issues of Heavy Metal magazine or the wave of pin-up comics that were big in the 90s (Cavewoman, Lady Death, etc.) - Something where there's a driving narrative, but one that contains a lot of nudity and provocative imagery. It's just the fact that the provocative elements of the story exist in a more niche fetish space that I think is going to get most general audiences to mentally file this away as porn offhand.

Then again, Xxxenophile existed in a pretty mainstream space and that was way freakier than anything I'm doing...

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Quick progress update: I've currently got two finished pages, with three more and a cover roughed out. I've posted the first page up to Twitter to a very positive response, and I think I'm satisfied with how the artwork is coming along thus far. The first chapter is currently slated to be 29 pages total, so hopefully I can keep momentum going and finish things up in a few months.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
Another lil nature comic

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
So I've been out of work near a whole drat year and I started working on a horror comic idea I'd been kicking around. I showed it to a friend in the profession and he admitted it could be a hard sell since it's "clearly not made to cater to a demographic." Mind this was said in a positive way regarding story, just not in marketability. He's a good dude.

It's probably not going to be published, so I figure I might as well post the Dropbox to the first chapter here. It's the only one I have done atm. Currently working on chapter 2.

Roth

Trigger warning for depiction of suicide and use of a slur.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I can see it being a difficult sale, yeah, but it's got gorgeous atmosphere!

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

Das Boo posted:

So I've been out of work near a whole drat year and I started working on a horror comic idea I'd been kicking around. I showed it to a friend in the profession and he admitted it could be a hard sell since it's "clearly not made to cater to a demographic." Mind this was said in a positive way regarding story, just not in marketability. He's a good dude.

It's probably not going to be published, so I figure I might as well post the Dropbox to the first chapter here. It's the only one I have done atm. Currently working on chapter 2.

Roth

Trigger warning for depiction of suicide and use of a slur.
i really love this and look forward to seeing where it's going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Alright, I've got the first 5 pages of my comic (which encompasses the first scene) done! How's it looking?

(No smut yet, not gonna be posting that here when I get to it for obvious reasons...)