Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Vanellope posted:

Hey guys, does anyone know of a free (or cheap, like under $50) font suitable for webcomics that has accented characters such as á, ú, etc? I'm having a hard time finding one.

Have you looked at Blambot? Most of their paid fonts have characters like that and they're like $20-30 usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

neonnoodle posted:

Not everyone agrees with this dogma, but please hand-letter your comics. Fonts suck. They never kern right and they always look crappy. If you work digitally, you can use type as a guide to help you keep your lettering neat.

My hand lettering never kerns right and always looks crappy.

HPLovecraft posted:

I've never drawn a comic before and could use a brutal critique from people who know what they're doing. I'm lost and dum.

This is the first page of Jeffrassic Park:

The page design is really clean and colorful, I really like it!

The main thing that's bringing it down I think is the contents of the panels themselves--they feel kind of inert, and the angles/framing kind of random. It's a long way from unreadable, though.

Haledjian fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 8, 2015

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Troposphere posted:

what do you guys think of big luscious anime breasts

I'm asking for a friend

I wallpaper my house with them; a bounteous tiling pattern